• Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
b12 simon, im not saying drop him completely in midfield, im saying behind cruz, but mcarthy to help out in midfield...

so the line up cud be or along the lines of..

bentley....mokoena...dunn...pedersen

......................mcarthy.............

.........................cruz...........................

Ah righto. I've a fear of packing the midfield at OT. We tried it in the 90s sometime and ended up on the end of a right paggering.

Edit: on Utd's current form I'd not be surprised at a right paggering whatever formation we choose.

Enough of all this pessimism.

Play 4-4-2 as we did in 2005.

Similar tactics to that day. We can win, maybe. If we get a bit of luck, and the whole team works hard for eachother (which doesnt seem to me a problem-something that they seems to relish), then everyone knows that we are capable of hurting any opposition, we have the indivdual brilliance and skill to do so.

Any early indications as to whether the Axe will be fit?

Thought Nelsen looked understandably tired towards the end of the Liverpool game (ie letting that ball bounce for one of Kuyt's many chances), but with another week's training, I expect another of our star performers to be fully on his game.

Remember, anything's possible, we have Chris Samba.

And Brad Friedel.

Hoping United get a real work out tonight, and pick up a few injuries in the cold to boot.

Believe the hype.

Man U 1 (Tev) Rovers 2 (Rocky, Mac)

Cue Fergie: "Their first goal came from a free-kick they should never have been awarded, although there were 87 passes and 12 minutes lapsed since they won the free-kick they would never have scored if the ref hadn't been intimidated by the crying toddler in Row H. The second goal came from the ref not giving a free-kick when Samba trod Nani into the turf. It should've been a foul for us, it's not Nani's fault he only comes up to Samba's shins, he should look down more often."

I can't see us getting anything from this game to be honest. The best that we can hope for is a draw, but I see our run without a defeat coming to an end unfortunately.

One thing I can see us getting is a stiff thumping.

I hope our wide players can get behind the defence and get some crosses in, Uniteds defencelooks very very shaky when facing their goal. Pretty solid if you come head on at them through the middle, as we typically do, get those telling crosses in behind 'em and we have a sniff. They look pretty scary to me right now though.

Enough of all this pessimism.

Play 4-4-2 as we did in 2005.

Similar tactics to that day. We can win, maybe. If we get a bit of luck, and the whole team works hard for eachother (which doesnt seem to me a problem-something that they seems to relish), then everyone knows that we are capable of hurting any opposition, we have the indivdual brilliance and skill to do so.

Any early indications as to whether the Axe will be fit?

Thought Nelsen looked understandably tired towards the end of the Liverpool game (ie letting that ball bounce for one of Kuyt's many chances), but with another week's training, I expect another of our star performers to be fully on his game.

Remember, anything's possible, we have Chris Samba.

And Brad Friedel.

Hoping United get a real work out tonight, and pick up a few injuries in the cold to boot.

Believe the hype.

I'm glad someone said that. I've not changed my "right paggering" view I posted earlier but I'm pleased we're not all doom and gloom merchants.

Look at some of the odds:

Rovers to win 1-0, Benni to score first = 120/1

Rovers to win 1-0, Samba to score first = 301/1

Highly unlikely I know, but if we are going to win I feel it will be 1-0. I'd take a 0-0 draw right, personally I feel they'll beat us 2-1. (dubious penatly won by Tevez setting up the winning goal).

United have scored 4 goals in their last 4 games. Didnt they beat us last time 4-0 or 4-1. Our last unbeaten run came to an end against United so its not looking good statistic wise but we all know we can pull it off. We are more than capable of getting a point and i'm sure we will do. :rover:

and their corners. If we want to succeed this season then we'll really need to become more dangerous from corners. In games where we are struggling to create chances set peices should be something we could look to use. We have enough players who are good with their head to pose a real threat from set-pieces. We also have several players who are good at set-pieces. Somehow we haven't managed to work it out yet.

looking at how good ManUre are playing at the moment, our lack of midfield, the normal state of affairs at OT, I expect a 4-2 win by the Mancs.

Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez x2 - McCarthy and Bentley, with Rovers having 3 stone cold pens turned down and 4 goals rulled offside

Archived