BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Motherwell Captain

Bloody hell :(

I remember O'Donnell when him and Simon Donnelly were the next big things at Celtic. As I recall they both moved South to Sheffield Wednesday in the late 90's which didn't really work out. That said, he was a cracking player in his younger days.

Real shame.

Blimey, another one goes this way :(

RIP

RIP Phil O'Donnell. A true Motherwell legend and family guy.

I am a Rovers fan who was at Fir Park today. Phil O'Donnell had a seizure just as he was about to be substituted. As he took off the armband he collapsed. A truly tragic event. The ground was deafening in its silence after that, but in no way did we realise it was as bad.

To make it even worse his nephew David Clarkston also plays for Motherwell and witnessed the who scene. You could see he was visibly upset, and this after scoring twice and getting man of the match.

A frightening scene that puts it all in perspective.

I couldn't believe this when watching Match of the Day, as I never had a chance to catch up with any of the football from today, until then. A real sad tragedy. I remember seeing Phil play in Lansdowne Road back in July 1997 and remembered his brief spell at Sheffield Wednesday as I had expected him to make quite an impact on the Premiership.

Unfortunately injuries limited his amount of appearances and returned to Motherwell and played alongside one of Northern Ireland's favourites Stephen Craigan. Another awful tragedy and sincere condolences go to Phil's wife, children, family and extended relatives and relations.

RIP Phil O'Donnell.

- - - - -

Picture Tribute

Scoring for Celtic vs Motherwell Sept 1995

Archived