BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2008/2009

Guest Kamy100

Will you buy a season ticket?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2008/9?

• I don't have one now and wont be getting one.
    • I don't have one now, but will be getting one.
    • I have a season ticket presently, but wont be renewing.
    • I have a season ticket and will be renewing.
  2. 2. Prices? Just a general question as to how you see your future.

• Prices have forced me to stop attending Ewood Park and I can't see that changing.
    • Prices will eventually force me to stop going down to Ewood.
    • I will keep going down to Ewood, but only if the club reduce prices even further.
    • Prem football at Ewood is reasonably priced at the moment. So I'lm still happy with things.
    • It would take something drastic to happen, to keep me away from Ewood.
    • I'm really on the verge of calling it a day. Totally brassed off with Prem football.

Oops, have forgot to renew mine so far, good job Brad called this morning to remind me, recorded message mind.

....just a recording for you? He personally rang me ;)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any news anyone on how the Price Freeze promo went? Are we level with last season?

Bit difficult as it doesn't finish until tomorrow. The club at the Fans' Forum were "reasonably pleased" with sales up to 14th April, but they were expecting the majority of sales to happen in the last 10 days. I renewed yesterday and there was a steady queue at the ticket office.

We won’t be level at this stage as some will still renew at last minute as always. Not everyone takes up the early bird options; however it would be good to get a figure of ‘new’ season ticket holders so far.

No doubt we will have an update at the next Forum on 19th May.

No doubt we will have an update at the next Forum on 19th May.

Has the Forum asked about the position regarding having "rolling" season tickets? I can´t remember which club I read about doing this but essentially the season tickets just keep renewing themselves until the owner cancels them. This might help as people can be forgetful and lazy about renewing. Before they know it the early bird deadline is approaching and they give it a miss. If people actually have to get off their backside and cancel they might just let the season ticket keep rolling on.

It would also make it less hassle for season ticket holders as the majority would likely want to keep the same seat anyway other than last summer when many seemed to move to different parts of the ground due to the lower prices.

Has the Forum asked about the position regarding having "rolling" season tickets? I can´t remember which club I read about doing this but essentially the season tickets just keep renewing themselves until the owner cancels them. This might help as people can be forgetful and lazy about renewing. Before they know it the early bird deadline is approaching and they give it a miss. If people actually have to get off their backside and cancel they might just let the season ticket keep rolling on.

It would also make it less hassle for season ticket holders as the majority would likely want to keep the same seat anyway other than last summer when many seemed to move to different parts of the ground due to the lower prices.

From the BRISA minutes 13th Feb 2006:-

6. Rolling Season Ticket

Have the club considered using a direct debit scheme, annually or monthly, where season ticket holders are simply sent their new season ticket without having to re-apply? People are generally lazy and asking a disgruntled fan to renew may result in non-renewal whereas an automatic renewal might retain that fan?

Clubs reply:

This idea has not been considered but the first reaction would be concern over the relationship with individual fans. The club does not wish to be seen as taking the customer for granted.

From the BRISA minutes 13th Feb 2006:-

6. Rolling Season Ticket

Have the club considered using a direct debit scheme, annually or monthly, where season ticket holders are simply sent their new season ticket without having to re-apply? People are generally lazy and asking a disgruntled fan to renew may result in non-renewal whereas an automatic renewal might retain that fan?

Clubs reply:

This idea has not been considered but the first reaction would be concern over the relationship with individual fans. The club does not wish to be seen as taking the customer for granted.

I think the club could give the fans an option of a `rolling` season ticket very easily by just adding the choice on to a seperate form explaining what it entailed.That way then nobody could claim "they didn`t know about it" and the supporter would have an individual choice then whether to take it up or not.

I think the club could give the fans an option of a `rolling` season ticket very easily by just adding the choice on to a seperate form explaining what it entailed.That way then nobody could claim "they didn`t know about it" and the supporter would have an individual choice then whether to take it up or not.

Quite right. My mate is a Spurs fan. He is fine about it. Says it secures his seat and is reminded by email and even text that he is about to renew. We all do it with contents and car insurance. Bring it up again. My family has 4 tickets. We'd be up for that - particularly if it guaranteed you best prices/price freeze. Also Rovers could give option of opting out up to 14 days after - a sort of cooling off period.

I thank many fans would be happy to have the hassle of renewing each season taken off their hands. The question seems to have been asked over two years ago when the club was worried about losing more fans...since then there has been an increase in season ticket numbers. Could be a good time to be looking into starting it.

I thank many fans would be happy to have the hassle of renewing each season taken off their hands. The question seems to have been asked over two years ago when the club was worried about losing more fans...since then there has been an increase in season ticket numbers. Could be a good time to be looking into starting it.

:wacko:

OK - it's on my list to ask again at 19th May meeting!

Archived