BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2008/2009

Guest Kamy100

Will you buy a season ticket?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2008/9?

• I don't have one now and wont be getting one.
    • I don't have one now, but will be getting one.
    • I have a season ticket presently, but wont be renewing.
    • I have a season ticket and will be renewing.
  2. 2. Prices? Just a general question as to how you see your future.

• Prices have forced me to stop attending Ewood Park and I can't see that changing.
    • Prices will eventually force me to stop going down to Ewood.
    • I will keep going down to Ewood, but only if the club reduce prices even further.
    • Prem football at Ewood is reasonably priced at the moment. So I'lm still happy with things.
    • It would take something drastic to happen, to keep me away from Ewood.
    • I'm really on the verge of calling it a day. Totally brassed off with Prem football.

Nah.....they aren't that important to us.

Burnley away would be the one game that would sell out to season ticket holders.

As it is I'm not renewing but would if the Dingles got promoted. I imagine there are others like me.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well , looks like I will not be renewing as I have sort of had my decision made for me as I now have another little CK on the way.

May have to look to the half season ticket

My missus just popped two out CK, therefore there will be no triumphant return for me next season either

My missus just popped two out

Really? Can you ask her to pop a season ticket out for me too please, would be good if I didnt have to pay for one if your wife is creating them. :rolleyes:

Anyways back on thread - Iv got mine on order, would do, no matter who was in or out of our league - I go to watch blackburn, Not Burnley (Please dont use that word again urgh!!!).

Anyways back on thread - Iv got mine on order, would do, no matter who was in or out of our league - I go to watch blackburn, Not Burnley (Please dont use that word again urgh!!!).

You've completely missed my point there. Try again.

Try 7+ for me Simon ;)

I'm just giving it a go this year to see if it works out ok, I have the sneaky feeling I'm not going to get to anywhere enar all of the games. Mid weeks are pretty much a no no for me.

Try 7+ for me Simon ;)

I'm just giving it a go this year to see if it works out ok, I have the sneaky feeling I'm not going to get to anywhere enar all of the games. Mid weeks are pretty much a no no for me.

I tried it this year with 4+ hours there and back and it makes a very long, tiring day especially when most games at home have been s@#t. I haven't been to anywhere near enough to have made it worthwhile financially.

I will stick to getting tickets for the games I can actually get to next year and more away games.

As it is I'm not renewing but would if the Dingles got promoted. I imagine there are others like me.

Given your reasoning of time travelled, that is fair enough.

But I don't get how having 1 different game would change your decision. It is not as if you'll not be able to get tickets if we do play Burnley, in the same way as you can still get tickets for any time we play Man U, Liverpool etc at home.

Try 7+ for me Simon ;)

Been there :) Some of last season's midweek games were 7+.

That's how I started. A half season ticket to see if it was doable.

You say the midweek games are out but you'll struggle to miss them once you've got the season ticket :)

Given your reasoning of time travelled, that is fair enough.

But I don't get how having 1 different game would change your decision. It is not as if you'll not be able to get tickets if we do play Burnley, in the same way as you can still get tickets for any time we play Man U, Liverpool etc at home.

The crucial one is the Dingles away, which would sell out to season ticket holders.

We do a 4 hour round trip from Cumbria for every home game (2 each way) and its not that bad at all really, dont have to set off untill about 11:30 and I've not had a problem parking at any time this season (I normally park by some palce called the blue tin roof or something).

That is why I stopped having a season ticket in the end - midweek games! Not so much that there were so many but because I would find all sorts of crazy ways of getting myself there and back and ending up shattered for the whole week! I could not resist going when I knew that I had a ticket.

Getting back to Coventry at 1 in the morning and up the next day to be bright and bubbly with a load of naughty kids was not doable yet I couldnt resist going. I have tried to make my Mum go halves on a season ticket with me but she isn't playing primarily because she only likes to go with me!

As for Colchester season ticket prices - I am always shocked that it costs me the same to watch Coventry a it does Blackburn, I think price should reflect division!

a couple of points about the colchester s/t prices ..... (1) they have a very small ground and need to maximise revenue (2) rovers REALLY do spoon feed the fans that go to ewood :brfc:

They will also have moved to their new ground at Cuckoo Farm, holding almost double what Layer Road holds.

• 3 weeks later...
When do you hear about your application? sent mine off weeks ago and the bloke who is applying with me got a call as he is classed as a young adult - but i not heard anything on mine?

I would give the club a call to make sure they have your form. I think they have been writing to applicants pretty quickly.

Archived