BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2008/2009

Guest Kamy100

Will you buy a season ticket?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2008/9?

• I don't have one now and wont be getting one.
    • I don't have one now, but will be getting one.
    • I have a season ticket presently, but wont be renewing.
    • I have a season ticket and will be renewing.
  2. 2. Prices? Just a general question as to how you see your future.

• Prices have forced me to stop attending Ewood Park and I can't see that changing.
    • Prices will eventually force me to stop going down to Ewood.
    • I will keep going down to Ewood, but only if the club reduce prices even further.
    • Prem football at Ewood is reasonably priced at the moment. So I'lm still happy with things.
    • It would take something drastic to happen, to keep me away from Ewood.
    • I'm really on the verge of calling it a day. Totally brassed off with Prem football.

I have gone on about the scarves and flags idea before in depth and have taken it right to the very top but it doesn't seem to be something the Club want to do. I even looked into costs and 10,000 units wouldn't be prohibitive at all cost wise. I personally think it would look fantastic and help improve the atmosphere if every fan held aloft a Blue and White Scarf before the game, but maybe a local business needs to be the ones to promote it, but not those crap red and blue publicity stunt ones the guy from QS tried to do last year!

You can hardly get some fans to cheer their team during a 4-1 local derby win, nevermind wave a scarf! That would require far too much energy.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree Jal. Darth Paul did you find out a cost for the idea?

I did a bit of research and it seemed that for a large number of units (say 10,000) you could get down to about £1.49 a scarf. One problem however was that you had to go to the Far East for such prices and although they included shipping, the sample pictures sent to me were nothing like what I wanted and seemed to be offcasts of other production runs in completely different colours. One firm responded to my detailed request by offering me a load of pink and purple Bratz rip off scarves.

Having had some limited experience in import purchasing I also know what a minefield this can be.

My idea was for a scarf to be sent out in the season ticket pack. I think the problem with fans doing it is that giving 10,000 away for free is one thing, selling 10,000 around the ground or town centre to just break even at the very least is another.

As I mentioned earlier I managed to discuss this one on one with John Williams at his request, following this and some other ideas I had which I wrote about in a fans blog I do for the Telegraph, but he didn't seemed to be moved by the idea.

This is in no way a criticism as we spent over an hour discussing other matters and he is very positve in every sense, and I am a big fan of his, but I just think from what I have seen the scarves plan, good as it is would be very difficult to get off the ground without the Club or a business (sponsorship opportunity) stumping up the funds and giving them away to the fans for free. A simple blue and white striped scarf would do the job, it is about colour, not club badges etc or writing which gives the effect at the match.

If anyone thinks they might have a way to move this forward let me know as I am keen to help promote ideas of this type, just not sure if it is feasible is all.

Darth, I admire your enterprise.

However, I think you should clearly look a much nearer home. You can probably get a fantastic deal at one of our local sweatshops in Preston and hence save a lot more in shipping fees ! Youcan probably save a decent amount of over the counter fees as well.

:!:

Interesting and a bit strange that they've only announced prices for the early birds. No mention of how much it will be if you don't renew before April so no way of knowing how much you save for being an early bird. Also no mention of how much for non-existing ST holders.

Not that I'm complaining mind you. £299 again. Great. :rover:

Interesting and a bit strange that they've only announced prices for the early birds. No mention of how much it will be if you don't renew before April so no way of knowing how much you save for being an early bird. Also no mention of how much for non-existing ST holders.

Not that I'm complaining mind you. £299 again. Great. :rover:

The price is not just for renewals but for new applications also, so the price for non-existing season ticket holders will be the same.

I imagine what ever the price is going to be from April onwards will probably be the discount price for renewals the season after next, in other words you'll probably know what the price is going to be for the next couple of seasons.

Rovers could quite easily have justified a small increase after the big drop last year, so maybe they are hoping by showing some goodwill to the fans for a couple of seasons it will be recipricated by the fans in the coming years.

The other interesting thing, me being an accountant and all, is that by getting the majority of people to buy their season tickets before the end of April they will be gaining interest on the money for a couple of months more than usual, which in effect means they are receiving more money than they did last year if they sell the same amount of season tickets.

The other interesting thing, me being an accountant and all, is that by getting the majority of people to buy their season tickets before the end of April they will be gaining interest on the money for a couple of months more than usual, which in effect means they are receiving more money than they did last year if they sell the same amount of season tickets.

The transfer budget can be set early, too. If they have the money in early it gives them more time for Sparky to work his magic!

I await with bated breath the first "it's not fair. I have to get my hair cut/ buy a new light bulb/ get my dog groomed in April and won't be able to afford it that month. Why couldn't they keep it open until I feel ready to pay the money over (end of the season). It's just not fair"

:rover: thats a bit stupid,why not tell folk how much they save by being a earlybird,if it's only going to be a tenner more you might as well keep your dosh till august,if its a massive rise £50 you are better saving up and paying early :brfcsmilie:

I cannot find anything to argue with whats been said.

£349 for Premiership football sees me hot footing the renewal pack straight down to Ewood even if it means a shot in the disabled section for part of next season after further knee surgery !!

great result for Rovers fans, I just hope we can use whats going on at the club to rake in a few extras.

Great move by Rovers an opportunity i'd have thought thats not to be missed, very positive news indeed.

To back it up in the summer surely, hopefully Hughes and the club can make some quality investments into the playing staff in order to back this offer up and give it credence.

Then i think the clubs strategy would/should start to kick in around other parts of Lancashire that could possibly attract some 'outside' support. I

Looking forward to taking full advantage of the offer.

Archived