BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Charged With Yet Another Misconduct

Rovers have been charged with failure to control their players after the bust up at Newcastle according to BBC.

I have to ask myself the following questions.

What about NUFC and their players ?

What about their player who caused it ?

What about Fergies and Quieroz's verbal assault on Martin Atkinson ?

What is it about these muppets and BRFC ?

The article is right. I couldn't have said it better myself. We have been called a dirty team ever since Arsene Wenger labelled us bully boys. Which is rich coming from a manager who once had Patrick Viera in his team, possibly one of the dirtiest, most theatrical players ever to 'grace' the Premiership. The fact is that Rovers are a small town club and therefore will always get the bad press above the so called bigger teams. The Press will always side with the big 4, and the Geordies because they are a 'big' club. And it doesn't just apply to Blackburn...oh no ! Look at how the media, especially Talk Sport and Sky villified Martin Taylor. Ok, it was a bad challenge, but never malicious (perhaps Taylor has been labelled dirty because he is an ex Rovers player ?). Had it have been on a player who didn't play for a 'big' club, in this case Arsenal and their whinging, double standards crybaby manger, it would have got a passing mentuion in the press and nothing more. But because it was an Arsenal player - dear God, how dare Taylor even attempt to tackle him ? Surely he should just have stepped aside and let eduardo continue on hbis merry way with the ball.

Blackburn will never shake the bully boy tag, irrespective of how we play football. We are not a dirty team - I know, I am a season ticket holder and watch Rovers week in, week out. The article is right - with players such as Bentley, Gamst, McCarthy (who spends more time on his backside than Andy Johnson) and Tugay in your side, how on earth can you be called dirty ? The 'big' teams will always get favourable press, the benefit of the doudt in 50/50 decisions and the backing of the spineless FA. If there are any bullies in football is is the administrations of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea (and to a certain degree Newcastle and Tottenham) who throw their considerable weight around whenever things don't go their way. Their managers and coaches have carte blanche to say whatever they want, irrespective of whether it is defamatory to an official, club, manger or player and there is little of no comeback. It is a disgrace and I for one am fed up by the whole sorry state of affairs. English football is rotton to the core if you ask me.

Accyrover

Look at how the media, especially Talk Sport and Sky villified Martin Taylor. Ok, it was a bad challenge, but never malicious (perhaps Taylor has been labelled dirty because he is an ex Rovers player ?). Had it have been on a player who didn't play for a 'big' club, in this case Arsenal and their whinging, double standards crybaby manger, it would have got a passing mentuion in the press and nothing more. But because it was an Arsenal player - dear God, how dare Taylor even attempt to tackle him ? Surely he should just have stepped aside and let eduardo continue on hbis merry way with the ball.

I read that Taylor is slated for Brum reserves tomorrow. How many idiot fans will resort to pantomime booing? What about when he returns to the 1st team?

Apparently those who have written to the FA about the Newcastle debacle have received this reply:

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

After carefully reviewing footage of the incident, The FA were satisfied that an E20 charge was appropriate for Blackburn Rovers FC, whereas the conduct of Newcastle United’s players and officials did not warrant formal disciplinary action.

While I appreciate this may not alleviate your concerns, I would nevertheless like to thank you for taking the time to write.

:angry:

was just picking through the FA website.....

Don't expect action soon, most of these E20 charges seem to have taken 2-3 months from incident to punishment.

Burnley were recently punished for one (Dec 15 incident, fined on Feb 25) their fine was 10K GBP. But I know nothing of that incident (apparently w/ PNE) to know whether Rovers fine will be similar or not.

was just picking through the FA website.....

Don't expect action soon, most of these E20 charges seem to have taken 2-3 months from incident to punishment.

Burnley were recently punished for one (Dec 15 incident, fined on Feb 25) their fine was 10K GBP. But I know nothing of that incident (apparently w/ PNE) to know whether Rovers fine will be similar or not.

iirc 2 Burnley players got sent off that game and there was a scuffle in the penalty box after one of them.

"After carefully reviewing footage of the incident, The FA were satisfied that an E20 charge was appropriate for Blackburn Rovers FC, whereas the conduct of Newcastle United’s players and officials did not warrant formal disciplinary action."

Afraid I have only seen a still piccy and have not seen this clip so it's difficult to argue for or against. Anybody provide a link?

My Question to the FA:

Sir, I find the FAs recent disciplinary decisions baffling. How are Blackburn charge for an incident in the recent game with Newcastle, when one of their players was assaulted by a Newcastle player? Can someone explain to me why Newcastle also haven't been charged.

I would like to know how the following comments made by Mr Wenger against Martin Taylor have not brought about a charge of bringing the game into disrepute: 'A three-match ban is a joke. This guy should never play again,' Wenger said. 'The answer is "he's usually not that type of guy". It's like a guy who kills one time in his life - it's enough, you have a dead person. It is absolutely horrendous. If you watch the tackle again you can't say to me this guy has played the ball. It's a joke. Not acceptable."

My Answer from The FA

"Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

After carefully reviewing footage of the incident, The FA were satisfied that an E20 charge was appropriate for Blackburn Rovers FC, whereas the conduct of Newcastle United’s players and officials did not warrant formal disciplinary action.

In relation to your comments surrounding Arsene Wenger, whilst recognising that the football public is interested to hear from football players, managers and others, and whilst appreciating the pressures of the modern game, The FA expects certain standards to be upheld in relation to public comments by participants.

The FA’s Football Regulation Department is responsible for consideration of such matters and deciding whether or not charges should be brought. Consideration is given to the actual comments made (rather than any media reporting of such comments) and their context."

Absolute tosh about the Newcastle game.

The comments on Arsene Wenger are a little more interesting though. The first sentence doesn't actually say anything whilst the second passes the decision to another part of the FA - albeit I can only contact the FA via the one email address. Also, are they indicating that no-one actually witnessed Arsene making those comments about Tiny?

There is also inconsistency in both the above points surely, on one hand Rovers are to be punished for the behavior of their players and officials, yet comments made by Arsene Wenger need to be taken into context of the situation.

My Question to the FA:

Sir, I find the FAs recent disciplinary decisions baffling. How are Blackburn charge for an incident in the recent game with Newcastle, when one of their players was assaulted by a Newcastle player? Can someone explain to me why Newcastle also haven't been charged.

As Den said earlier, this has absolutely no relation to the charge as it was dealt with by the referee at the time. The FA can not go back and further punish players if the incident was dealt with at the time by the official, something about undermining their authority. Why they couldn't have wrote that in the email I have no idea.

It's been ages since I saw the footage, and I only saw it once so I have no idea if the charge is fair or not. What is very OTT though are claims that Pedersen was punched/throttled etc. It may look like it from the photo, but he was merely pushed in the chest, so a yellow card was right. Why Morten got booked for being pushed however does remain a bit of a mystery.

As Den said earlier, this has absolutely no relation to the charge as it was dealt with by the referee at the time. The FA can not go back and further punish players if the incident was dealt with at the time by the official, something about undermining their authority. Why they couldn't have wrote that in the email I have no idea.

It's been ages since I saw the footage, and I only saw it once so I have no idea if the charge is fair or not. What is very OTT though are claims that Pedersen was punched/throttled etc. It may look like it from the photo, but he was merely pushed in the chest, so a yellow card was right. Why Morten got booked for being pushed however does remain a bit of a mystery.

Disagree totally. Beye was pushing MGP backwards by shoving his forearm upwards into MGPs throat, red-card offence. Also, its naive to say that only Rovers and officials were involved in the handbags that took place afterwards.

As for the point about the FA not being able to go back and re-assess, I accept that they dont do this, but I must say this is wrong. We very often see instances where players are given yellows for red-card offences - why should they escape just because the ref doesnt have a good view? Yet, if the ref doesn't see it at all then the FA can intervene. Its obviously been the case in both MGP incidents that the ref hasnt seen it clearly, or else MGP wouldnt have been booked twice for being attacked.

The current methods are baffling, inconsistent and plainly wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 'handslap' will come at the end of the season when we get a kicking for having a poor disciplinary record yet again - even though we've been relatively good this year.

I remember the FA putting a fine in place ready to be issued at the end of the season if we still had a poor record on their so called disciplinary rankings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6960060.stm

Blackburn: Fined £100,000 (including £70,000 suspended from 2005/06), with a further fine of £50,000 in place for the 2007/08 season.

Archived