BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F1 Grand Prix 2008

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the interview I saw with Juan Pablo Montoya on why he made the switch to NASCAR - he said something to the effect of that he will see more passing on one lap at Daytona than in an entire F1 season - and he wasn't being sarcastic.

I liked the interview I saw with Juan Pablo Montoya on why he made the switch to NASCAR - he said something to the effect of that he will see more passing on one lap at Daytona than in an entire F1 season - and he wasn't being sarcastic.

Yes, because watching stock cars driving in circles for 4 hours is just so much more entertaining.

Ferrari

Drivers

Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa

Kim defends his title and Ferarri will be strong, expect Massa to play more of a part this season.

Mclaren

Drivers

Lewis Hamilton and Haikke Kovaleinen

Pressure will be more on Lewis this season as he's not the surprise package and will have to work hard to push Raikkonen for the title, Kovaleinen has experience in F1 as he raced for Renault last season.

Renault

Drivers

Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet Jnr

Every Brits favourite Spaniard may think it's a case of deja vu as he's paired with another rookie for the second season running, Nelson Piquet Jnr has a lot to live upto and if he's anything like his father he wont settle with being just a sidekick, given the way Alonso reacted last season expect sparks to fly if Piquet Jnr starts getting the better of his snr team mate.

Red Bull Racing

Drivers

David Coulthard and Mark Webber

Coulthard starts his 15th season in F1 and has shown signs that he can pick up the pieces if some of the front runners drop out, Webber still looking for his first win in F1, dont think he will find it this season.

Williams

Drivers

Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima

The team who gave Mansell and Hill their world titles have faded in the last few seasons, this season they have Nico Rosberg who turned down a chance to to Mclaren, and Nakajima who is freshed faced in F1 and is backed by Toyota.

Honda Racing

Drivers

Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello

Ross Brawn the man who helped Schumacher to win titles at Ferrari has joined Honda has team as boss and will be looking to improve Honda's chances on the track althouth it will take time.

Long before Hamilton Jenson Button was the British hope but he has not lived up to the expectations mainly because of the cars he has driven, Barrichello is coming to the end of his career but is a steady consistant driver.

Force India

Drivers

Giancarlo Fiscella and Adrian Sutil

The team formaly known as Spyker and originally Jordon have had another name change and are now co owned by billionaire Vijay Mallya and his ambition is to get the team on the podium in the first Indian GP in 2010, don't expect too much this season.

Scuderi Toro Rosso

Drivers

Sebastian Vettel and Sebastian Bourdais

Expect to pick up a odd point here or there when some of the front runners drop out.

Toyota

Drivers

Jani Trulli and Timo Glock

A team that has under achieved given who they are, expect another season of picking up odd points

Super Aguri

Drivers

Anthony Davidson and Takuma Sato

The team that are dubbed the Honda reserves are having difficulties at the moment and a large question mark hangs over wheather they will complete a full season althogh they did take part in practice on Friday.

Sauber

Drivers

Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica

BMW's other team and after 2 seasons completed Sauber are looking to push on and get themselves further up the grid.

Yes, because watching stock cars driving in circles for 4 hours is just so much more entertaining.

Much more entertaining than watching a car parade. At least the races aren't won in qualifying.

Until they take all the driver aids away and make it about actual racing again, I'm sorry, I can't be interested.

An unfortunatley common quote from the uneducated.

Bryan, they have!

No traction control & no engine braking ths season. There are no aids left.

Expect to see the backs end sliding out and a lot more spins this year.

The tracks may not be oval, but really the whole thing (F1), is just a high-speed procession.

Bring back the days of Piquet, Sennapod, Boutsen, Prost, Rosberg, Mansell etc.

Because right now, the whole F1 thing is a bag of jive, baby.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...3-11088,00.html

Typical Prost. Always bloody moaning.

I suppose his McLaren was no more technally advanced than Jim Clarks Lotus.

Load of nonsense.

The most boring of sports - on a similar keel to that trash of superbowl.

petrol heads ? What is the point of going around, around and around????

Whats the point of running and jumping in to a sand pit?

Whats the point of kicking a bag of wind around?

Whats the point in swimming a length and turning around and doing it again.And again?

Hamilton on pole for Sunday's race, Robert Kubica on second (told you Sauber were going to push on this season) Kovaleinen on 3rd, Raikkonen starts 16th due to a mechanical failure in first practice and having to be pushed back to the garage, means he was barred from taking part in the second qualifying session.

I've always rated Kubica as a very good driver and this season we will see just what he's all about after gaining his first year of experience as an F1 driver. All the Poles at my work love him and say he's just as good a driver as Hamilton but only the car separates the two. I suppose with the driving aids now gone, we'll have a better way of seeing who the better driver is.

Hamilton on pole for Sunday's race, Robert Kubica on second (told you Sauber were going to push on this season) Kovaleinen on 3rd, Raikkonen starts 16th due to a mechanical failure in first practice and having to be pushed back to the garage, means he was barred from taking part in the second qualifying session.

exactly GG and you point illustrates why this season is gonna be very exciting, because more than in recent memory the races are gonna be down to the talent of the driver and not such things like traction control and all that lark. who was it that talked about how boring F1 is?? anyway, you want to talk bout boring F1 then lets go back to the days of senna, prost , mansell etc etc and in more recent times michael schumaker.

"COME ON LEWIS"

So Lewis is up and running. Good stuff.

No driver aids certainly caught a few chaps out. Plenty of spills and bruised egos.

Kimi especially. Took 25 laps to overtake a mediocre Honda and then went off twice.

Looks set for a good year.

not a bad first grand prix, i have listed the major points imo:

1. hamilton was first throughout the gp but only had about 10 mins tv time which in a way was good because it gets a bit tedious just watching a car on it's own. well done on the victory, he made it look easier than it was.

2. i thought is was quite funny that when button went out at the start, the british commentary were not bothered in the slightest.

3. some wild crashes and mistakes, i thought when coulthard and massa collided it looked as though the red bull was going to transform into the robot of the citroen adverts.

4. i think there maybe a few p45 dished out in the honda garage after the pitstop incident, lucky there were no injuries but he wasn't ment to be there in the first place and was disqualified.

5. why does hamilton's father get such a media interest?

6. the safety car ruined a few drivers races though it did add some entertainment.

overall the new car requirements has made it more of a drivers sport again, it should be interesting to see how these machines handle in the wet weather.

Archived