BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen Yesterday

how bad was the mider ,i was chatting with someone on the ground from darwen and he reckoned there was trouble from 9am .He said the railway and millstone (i think) were wrecked and there were people with nails on baseball and planks of wood andd the polic arrived with guns.

My mate said something was mentioned on lancs but i have heard it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on the train back to Manchester yesterday and the Mancs wrecked the train..I got off at Bolton for the train to Heald Green and loads of Coppers got on...

There was hundreds of these 'mancs' walking around town from as early as 10am going in and out of pubs. Generally just being a totally nuisance just swearing at random people but there was a lot of police hanging around don't know if there was any incidents or anything. That was the only problem with a late kick-off gave the chance for these idiots to become even more drunk then they would otherwise usually.

It seems to be the 'in thing' now for the Mancs to get the train to Darwen and then walk to the ground calling at the many pubs en route. I actually went to Manchester by train mid day and there were police on our side of the platform making sure lads from Blackburn weren't arriving in Darwen for a 'meet.'

There was a hefty police presence in town all day and sirens could be heard from time to time. It is a credit to Rovers fans that no proper trouble ensued as basically the United fans are left to make their way to Ewood without any antagonism. Having said that there are one or two Rovers pubs that they would have been well advised to avoid.

Had an interesting 'conversation' with a United fan just outside the Darwen End. He'd obviously had a few and was singing the 'Viva Ronaldo' song, arms outstretched with a Liam Gallagher like swagger.

Me : That that you are singing, what's it mean?

Him : Eh?

Me : That song you're singing, what does it mean?

Him : It's Ronaldo.

Me : Yeah, I know it's Ronaldo but what does Viva mean?

Him : It's Ronaldo running down the wing.

Me : I know it's about Ronaldo but what does Viva mean?

Him : Ronaldo

:rolleyes::lol:

Saw loads walking up after the game who were completely lashed up but didn't see any bother.

I don't think United is as bad as City are when they fill the Darwen End. United tend to bring their share of prawn-sandwich munching tourist type spectators who drive half way over the country to get to the game. City just seem to bring 8000 dole-dossing scrotes on an all-dayer.

seems strange this fella telling me all hell broke loose .Hes a darwener and been going to rovers for 45 years and he usually spot on.Saw a chap nr the red brick theater who was the drunkest ive ever seen in my life,he fell in me and went completly horizantal on the flags.

If that was straight after the game Abs that's got to be the guy I saw who I said was lashed. He was infront of us going up Bolton Road towards the theatre and one of his mates was literally stood behind him with two hands on his back to keep him upright. He was that sloshed he had probably not got a ticket and watched most of the game in the Fernhurst or something.

BBC said it was a Villa fan so i'd expect it to be the usual case of one muppet trying to bomb home from the game and not caring about the fact that loads of fans are in the road and slowing down accordingly.

Oh and by the way i'm not stalking you in case you worry ;-)

Indeed it could be Abbey. Also if there was intimidation or provocation that could form a case for mitigating circumstances in relation to the charge.

I would imagine there were plenty of witnesses as it was a sell out and the incident happened on a main road.

Says on the radio today, they were both Villa fans involved.

On a similar note, after the Utd match a guy walking up Livesey was bumped by a pillock in a MASSIVE silver mercedes Canyonaero (or whatever it was :unsure: ) the idiot was on his mobile phone whilst pulling out of a junction onto Livesey. The 'bumped' man was going ballistic & offering the guy out on the pavement. He kept shouting "get out!" but the guy wouldn`t. He gave the driver sh1t all the way up to near the brown cow. He should`ve kicked #### out of the side of his car, i think he would`ve got some help by the lads walking up behind him.

Chelsea tractor driver pillock!

Having had chance to get an update from a real source at Blackburn, there were a total of 61 arrests before and after the game that were "football related". 55 from "Manchester" and 6 from "Blackburn".

Rovers fans are top of the league for Best Behaved Football Supporters.

Archived