BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season Friendlies

Its pre season get a grip lads,its all about fitness levels and as we have a new manager asessing the squad, ince has just under a month to make blackburn rovers his team.At the moment he is gettin to know the squad and them him im fully confident come aug 16 we will see a new era for rovers one which i believe will be quite sucessful.exciting times ahead

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take offence to that kaizer chiefs comment.lol,they one of the biggest teams in Africa.it was a good game against united.btw ince needs to sort out his starting 11,he cant muck around with players who wil never see 1st team action.it mite be pre season friendlies,but everytime we lose the confidence drops,the fans hopes are dashed and we lose focus.play your best team,get good results and go into the new season with stabilty.

I take offence to that kaizer chiefs comment.lol,they one of the biggest teams in Africa.it was a good game against united.btw ince needs to sort out his starting 11,he cant muck around with players who wil never see 1st team action.it mite be pre season friendlies,but everytime we lose the confidence drops,the fans hopes are dashed and we lose focus.play your best team,get good results and go into the new season with stabilty.

We are 2 games into the pre season ince cannot sort out his first 11 because by the time the season starts we should have at least 4 new signings,as i said in my ptevious post its about fitness,in the later pre season games we will get a clearer picture of what sort of team ince will build.IN INCE I TRUST,I SUGGEST YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME

btw ince needs to sort out his starting 11,he cant muck around with players who wil never see 1st team action.it mite be pre season friendlies,but everytime we lose the confidence drops,the fans hopes are dashed and we lose focus.play your best team,get good results and go into the new season with stabilty.

Get a grip.

Its not about not trusting ince.we have virtualy the entire 1st 11 from last season.has the 2 new guys even started training with the squad?we have what 5 more pre season games left,and they wil most probably only feature in maybe 2 of those games.like mum said,2 many excuses being made.

Its not about not trusting ince.we have virtualy the entire 1st 11 from last season.has the 2 new guys even started training with the squad?we have what 5 more pre season games left,and they wil most probably only feature in maybe 2 of those games.like mum said,2 many excuses being made.

Four games left i believe, Benfica, Sporting, Wolves and Breda.

Don't think the new lads have arrived yet, even if they were there now they can't play until work permits and the rest of the paperwork is done.

Yikes we are playing two games in two days?

Fri 25 21:15 A Benfica

Villa Real St Antonio Stadium, Algarve, Portugal Friendly

Sat 26 21:15 A Sporting Lisbon

Villa Real St Antonio Stadium, Algarve, Portugal Friendly

Interesting to see what teams he puts out for those games.

Wouldn't be surprised to see two mixed teams ie. First teamers and reserves. I like the fact Ince is giving the second string valuable playing time but would prefer if he mixed the "two" teams up.

Mate you need a reality check,we are 2 games into pre season how can u expect ince to have decided his first 11?Wow we lost tonight big deal do u really think the players confidance will be affected by this?As i said in the later stages of pre season we will get more of an idea of how inces rovers will look

The chilean is expected 2 arrive on weds not sure about castillo

Ok island,like Ribble said 4 games to go,new signings wil probably not feature.so wil those new players be on the bench 1st game of the season?whats the best way to get the best out of a team?you want ur best 11 to play as much together,which would make it easier to adapt.the likes of kane,hodge,treacy,judge,wil not see much football this season,so what exactly is the purpose in that.

excuses, by who?

What does winning a pre-season match mean?

why would our confidence drop from losing a match where we made approximately 15 subs?

Clearly this was a masterclass in attempting to win a match, I mean Emerton-MGP is clearly our first choice MF, adn the Axe-Tugay pairing will be key to our success.

There's a reason you go overseas for training and friendlies... so you get the work in away from prying over-critical eyes.

But if we want to take these preseasons matches so seriously, then lets look at the historical record of MLS vs Prem friendlies and discuss which is the better league? I bet a lot of the "its preseason, it doesn't matter" comments would be justified then...

Would you rather we play our starters for 90 mins for each preseason match before they are fully match fit and start the season with a series of injuries/pulls/strains etc?

Ok island,like Ribble said 4 games to go,new signings wil probably not feature.so wil those new players be on the bench 1st game of the season?whats the best way to get the best out of a team?you want ur best 11 to play as much together,which would make it easier to adapt.the likes of kane,hodge,treacy,judge,wil not see much football this season,so what exactly is the purpose in that.

The chilean should already be fit havin been playin for his formed club till now,bentley and friedal will hav prob left the club by then as i said IN THE LATER GAMES U WILL C INCES FIRST 11

The chilean should already be fit havin been playin for his formed club till now,bentley and friedal will hav prob left the club by then as i said IN THE LATER GAMES U WILL C INCES FIRST 11

could you please stop with the sms/msn language and write properly? it is really not that hard to write standard english when writing on this message board, even a Norwegian like me manage to alternate between the two.

FRIENDLY SETBACK FOR ROVERS

Blackburn crashed to a 3-1 defeat to Bundesliga newcomers TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in a friendly in Austria tonight.

After a goalless first half, which saw Morten Gamst Pedersen pick up an injury, Rovers boss Paul Ince made a host of substitutions with Robbie Fowler coming on for his Rovers debut.

And it was Hoffenheim who took the lead six minutes into the second half when Christoph Janker followed up after Jason Brown saved a header.

Benni McCarthy's 63rd-minute volley drew Rovers level but two minutes later Matthias Jaissle's header just squeezed beyond Brown to give the Germans the lead again.

And in the final minute Janker grabbed his second to ensure victory for Hoffenheim.

end

Lots of second half changes Mcarthy and Fowler up front.

Click

That's a partnership to worry most Premiership defences with their searing pace.

:rolleyes:

Edit: Can't remember if Hughes gave EVERY member of the squad such an equal chance to impress pre season, but it does look as though Ince is determined to give everyone a fair crack of the whip.

As for the result, don't care what stage it's at, would rather have had a 3-1 win than a 3-1 defeat.

Archived