• Samba
    • Warnock
    • Bentley
    • Vogel
    • Emerton
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • Roberts

Although Vogel was very impressive his performance wasn't match winning. Not only did RSC take a well stuck goal but his work ethics through out the entire game where tireless and he had great ball skills when out on the RW to take a few of those bleck 100m sprinters on ;)

Santa Cruz again for me...

I was impressed with Vogel. Possibly his best performance to date.

Major disappointments for me was Pedersen. What the hell has happened to the Pedersen of two seasons ago. The moment he changed his name to Gamst, he hasnt been the same...

I thought that Vogel put in a very professional, competent display today and didn't put a foot wrong, but he wasn't exceptional. He played his defensive role well in a formation which accomodated him. I think he'll be a decent signing, but I hope to see more of an all-round game in his play.

In a game where nobody really excelled, I thought Roque probably put in the best performance from our team. He won us the match as well. He gets my MOTM.

EDIT: Also, it is BRILLIANT to see Nelsen and Samba rediscovering their best form since joining the club. They were solid as a rock today.

As one who was at the match in the pleasant company of Portsmouth fans (what a lot of sore losers and I learned some new words some of which were directed at me when I produced my Rovers flag and waved it....) I thought Warnock put in an excellent shift. Agree that Vogel was immense as was Roque but Morten was very sloppy as was Reid. The Portsmouth fans are very jealous of Roque and warbled on about Brad too.

Touching and amusing moment when one of the smaller Portsmouth players (think it was Defoe) helped Samba up after a particularly nasty challenge had floored him, and tenderly held his hand to soothe him :D .

Edit: yes, tcj Samba and the Admiral did well too.

It was again difficult to single out any one player as outstanding. For me there were no really poor performers today. So in the end I opted to nominate Samba as he has gone through a very poor period due to loss of confidence or form recently. But in the last couple of matches he has shown he is getting back to his old self, and today I thought he showed he was right back to his old strong tackling and confident covering approach. Welcome back big man.

Vogel for me too. I can't believe that on the skysports website Vogel got a 5 and Bentley got 7.

Vogels getting better with every game - could be another Hughes masterstroke. He just makes things look simple, is always on hand to pick up the ball from the defence, and allows the full-backs to get forward. He's more Makele than Mokoena - which is great!

Vogel for me too. I can't believe that on the skysports website Vogel got a 5 and Bentley got 7.

Vogels getting better with every game - could be another Hughes masterstroke. He just makes things look simple, is always on hand to pick up the ball from the defence, and allows the full-backs to get forward. He's more Makele than Mokoena - which is great!

As long as he carries on playing how he did, I couldn't give a monkeys whether he gets rated a 5 each game. He's proven what a good player he's been and as long as us fans value his contribution then thats the best rating he could get.

Thought Ryan and Samba did well at the back..still some edgy moments though,but they beginning to be a bit more sold at the back...Vogel defo stood out,and i thought the Roberts and roque front pairing are looking good.

for me MOM,was Vogel...i think Reid is still a problem for me..he has been back from injury for a while now,but still looks sloppy.

Interesting to see so many players getting a few votes suggesting a solid team performance and particularly in the second half. Only Bentley and Reid without a vote.

Because Reid was utter rubbish. For mine Oojer should be ahead of him at right back. Atleast oojer offers solid defense and more options going forward. Doesn't say much for Reid.

I went for roberts too, just thought his all round work ethic was great to see and I believe that his charging down in the build up to our goal was key in us getting posession back. Santa Cruz had his usual stand out game and Vogel was very impressive in midfield too. Also worth mentioning the performance of the the admiral and big Chris as there were signs of them getting that partnership/understanding back hopefully this bodes well for next season.

Archived