BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

That rarely happens in reality, didn't happen at Newcastle when darts player got the job up there, won't happen at Ewood.

Like Bentley said, he'd already decided he was going before Hughes went.

Yes, but clubs weren't lining up bids for Newcastle players in the way that they are supposedly lining up bids for ours. Sure, not all of them will go but a significant number will try to if they like the look of the club coming in for them. Our players are currently marketable, and while they will probably remain loyal if they feel relatively comfortable with the appointment, if there's any doubt and they hear of an acceptable offer I doubt their "loyalty" in many cases.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Maureen I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this about the 3 supposed candidates. I can't believe the level of acceptance of our lot from some fans on here. I know that realistically we can do nothing to influence it, but we don't have to feel that this is what we deserve. It isn't.

Gumboots. I presume the New Inn on Parsons Lane is serving Doom Draught these days rather than the beautiful uplifting Angel Juice that passes for bitter in that fair tavern. What's wrong with you? Top international footballer - at home and abroad unlike anyone today. Medal winner extraordinaire. Massive will to win, held in the highest esteem by any footballing biographer you care to read (not always liked, but always respected). And someone who is prepared to shun the comfort of a BBC studio and golf course in favour of getting stuck into football management at Macclesfield of all places..... that is a sensational background. And to be able to have the confidence to demand the Rovers job above more 'qualified' candidates. The bloke has done well.

And who do you think would best face down Bentley in a fortnight? I would back Ince to sort that paricular individual out. And if not, be strong enough with the other players to carry it.

In the end none of us know. None of us have ever talked to these people. Or really understood them. Or interviewed them for that matter.

I for one back JW. And Ince looks right for me.. if not.. who else?

I see what you're saying but if they really wanted out based on a managerial appointment, without giving whoever gets it time to do some work, then do we really want them playing for Rovers anyway? The reality is that if players want to go, they'll go, regardless of who the manager is.

Aside from Bentley and Roque, who clearly want to go to CL teams and could realistically sign for one, who else has had clubs clamouring for them?

Having said that, if it's MacLaren, I'm going to suggest we organise ourselves and attempt a coup on Ewood tonight at Midnight, under the banner of The Jack Walker Liberation Army.

Any takers?

Then it is ince - if there are only 3 on the list

The LET today

They are understood to have a shortlist of half a dozen candidates, and Williams has made it clear the intention is to speak to all of them before the board reaches a final decision.

half a dozen is still 6 is it not?

:rover:

If it is Beenhakker... let's hope he doesn't bring along any Polish defenders! :o

Nicko, any truth in Hull City's attempt to buy Colin Kazim-Richards/Kazim-Kazim (whatever he's called these days)?

it's in quite a few papers, one being the Daily Mail.

and any idea how much Plymouth are holding out for Halmosi? ...as I see they've just signed Jason Puncheon.

If it is Beenhakker... let's hope he doesn't bring along any Polish defenders! :o

Nicko, any truth in Hull City's attempt to buy Colin Kazim-Richards/Kazim-Kazim (whatever he's called these days)?

it's in quite a few papers, one being the Daily Mail.

and any idea how much Plymouth are holding out for Halmosi? ...as I see they've just signed Jason Puncheon.

I wouldnt mind Boruc though for when Brad hangs up his gloves

The LET today

They are understood to have a shortlist of half a dozen candidates, and Williams has made it clear the intention is to speak to all of them before the board reaches a final decision.

It was six...after Shearer said no...Ten Cate was ruled out, five...I still think Martinez is 'four'...the guy at the Euros on Tuesday, four...Ince, McClaren and Allardyce.

Gumboots. I presume the New Inn on Parsons Lane is serving Doom Draught these days rather than the beautiful uplifting Angel Juice that passes for bitter in that fair tavern. What's wrong with you? Top international footballer - at home and abroad unlike anyone today. Medal winner extraordinaire. Massive will to win, held in the highest esteem by any footballing biographer you care to read (not always liked, but always respected). And someone who is prepared to shun the comfort of a BBC studio and golf course in favour of getting stuck into football management at Macclesfield of all places..... that is a sensational background. And to be able to have the confidence to demand the Rovers job above more 'qualified' candidates. The bloke has done well.

And who do you think would best face down Bentley in a fortnight? I would back Ince to sort that paricular individual out. And if not, be strong enough with the other players to carry it.

In the end none of us know. None of us have ever talked to these people. Or really understood them. Or interviewed them for that matter.

I for one back JW. And Ince looks right for me.. if not.. who else

For christs sake what the hell looks right about Ince for you.

As I posted earlier he's an arrogant gobby manager of 3rd division Milton Keynes.He hates Blackburn Rovers.

He would stay for 2 years then OFF.No doubt commenting he had done all he could at 2 bit small town Blackburn.

The LET today

Yes but they have interviewed and possible excluded some by now.

This Leo Beenhakker seems like an interesting chap. Don't see why he is considered such a poor candidate. His CV is similar to that of Ten Cate.

No it isn´t...Beenhakker´s CV is far superior to Ten Cate´s when it comes to achievement as manager rather than as an assistant. A Dutch championship with Ajax ( something Ten Cate couldn´t manage), three La Ligas in a row with Real Madrid and taking the likes of Trinidad & Tobago (!) to the World Cup finals.

Downsides are age and the fact he has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.

Well at least we have a very happy RevidgeBlue to look forwards to!

Me too, I was wanting Ince if we could not get a sexy name in, which it seems we never really wanted to. The thing that confuses me is the overwhelming support for a Shearer how has NO experience and the level of disdain for Ince who at least has some proven track record. I think INce will be really good.

And to make you all so much more comfortable, I also thought that Sparky was about the worst appointment the club could make at the time. So be afraid, be very afraid. :D

I would exhaust inquiries into Laudrup and certainly sniff at Bilic..and, yes, I would still try for Ten Cate.

Hey nicko, then why don't you call up and give JW a bit of verbal like you did Ten Cate's people. :D Worth a shot, no? You never know maybe JW is a bit confused right now, needs a guiding hand, help him along, the voice of the people and all that.

By the way, why does no-one mention Martinez any more? You COULD almost state a claim for him - with a senior helper.

I was actually quite warming to Martinez but he just came out and pledged his future to Swansea.

I`m not sure if it has been mentioned previously - so apologies if it has and and its repeating !

I would have preferred for Mark Bowen (Hughes second in command) to be offerred a role before Big Sam or Ince.

At least he knows the club, has the respect of the players, and he is close to the running of Blackburn Rovers from a managerial aspect as he would have done a fair share of Hughes work which was delegated.

I think I would stand by your beds...

It wouldn't surprise me if there was an approach going on right now.

Keep you posted.

Iamarover and I are worried you might be overdoing things Al.

If the thread continues in this vain, is there a danger you might become a cyber version of Mistah Kurtz from 'Heart of Darkness'?

"...I'm scared Al. Take me back to the entrance..."

The horror, the horror... :o

I`m not sure if it has been mentioned previously - so apologies if it has and and its repeating !

I would have preferred for Mark Bowen (Hughes second in command) to be offerred a role before Big Sam or Ince.

At least he knows the club, has the respect of the players, and he is close to the running of Blackburn Rovers from a managerial aspect as he would have done a fair share of Hughes work which was delegated.

Why?

Appointing a departing managers assistant never works.

Archived