BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Talking of russia they are rank outsiders at 44`s on betfair have you had a nibble Nicko?

A rather large bite rather than a nibble. I just fancy their running and passing, the big striker could be a worldie if he learned to finish and the excellent Arshavin is yet to make his entrance.

I would hoot if it was Hiddink v Scolari in the final, the Russians win and Abramovich realises he got the wrong man.

Not even checked if that run to the final can allow this to happen before anyone points it out...

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so happy the day woy went, the day kidd want, and ecstatic when souness went. This probably explains why i never felt this depressed about the search for a new manager before as i never wanted hughes to go. Last time round Dowie was considered half decent and it was a toss up between him and hughes, and at the time would have been happy with either. Just get ince in, give him a crack.

If McClown,god forbid, got the job does everyone agree we start the season without our 2 best players, still playing roberts, having to listen to cringeworthy post match interviews where the positives in a 6-0 drubbing are extolled, chasing the same players as WBA,Wigan,Hull etc........FORGET THAT

You'll get the details I have no matter the result.

But come on the Russkies anyway. 50 to 1 for the trophy.

Me thinks you may have had the vodka out for the boys for some time Alan :lol:

On the subject of swaps, what would the chances of getting Huddlestone and Lennon for David be ? :D

Make this end now!!!! Please im getting tired,please appoint somebody and get it over and done with…. Who wants the job,please just take it…. :(

You're not made of very stern stuff are you? In fact Iceman is a very good description. Ice is very brittle and easily broken, and also extremely vulnerable to heat. ;)

The beauty of posting on messageboards is you don't actually have to hear yourself say such things, just watch yourself type it.

It also helps that the readers of any particular post might not know who you are........ ;)

Just get ince in, give him a crack.

If McClown,god forbid, got the job does everyone agree we start the season without our 2 best players, still playing roberts, having to listen to cringeworthy post match interviews where the positives in a 6-0 drubbing are extolled, chasing the same players as WBA,Wigan,Hull etc........FORGET THAT

Do you think those scenarios can be avoided by Ince? I mean, I could see him raging at the squad after a 6-0 drubbing - in a way that McLovin' could never. Other than that do you have any idea how the two would be different in terms of selling or buying players? I think Ince would be equally consigned to bargain buys as McLovin' (or any Rovers manager) would be (I know someone mentioned that Ince has a good relationship with Inter's Moratti, but I can't imagine us bringing in too many Inter loanees).

I imagine players would be alot more encouraged to come and play for Paul Ince than they would for McLaren or Allardyce

I don't. In my opinion Ince has always come across as arrogant and a bit childish.

I don't. In my opinion Ince has always come across as arrogant and a bit childish.

But he's played at the top level and got plenty of experience from that, played under Fergie and there seems to be plenty of good managers that have played under him. Surely he is more appealing than Fat Sams long balls and the clueless tactical awareness McLaren showed he had as England manager. For me he is a much better choice than those two unless a mysterious candidate comes into the frame from nowhere...

I imagine players would be alot more encouraged to come and play for Paul Ince than they would for McLaren or Allardyce

I think he seems thick on interviews he has done on the TV. Would not trust him with 10p let alone 10Million

Dunno about anyone else really not looking forward to the relegation fight ahead with BFS, The Guv'nor or Brolly Boy!

But he's played at the top level and got plenty of experience from that, played under Fergie and there seems to be plenty of good managers that have played under him. Surely he is more appealing than Fat Sams long balls and the clueless tactical awareness McLaren showed he had as England manager. For me he is a much better choice than those two unless a mysterious candidate comes into the frame from nowhere...

Please don't post a photo of those!

I heard on Monday afternoon that John Williams was going to the Euro finals.

My heart skipped a beat at the thought of Bilic, maybe even Laudrup who is there, or just a thought that Shearer WAS back in.

But I was also in the dark about whether he was actually going to see old Henk and throw us all a dummy.

So I was a tad dejected to find it was the Saga option.

Beenhakker WAS a top coach in his time. But not now.

Quite true, but surely for a young and inexperienced manager with great potential (like Ince) he would make an excellent guide and mentor. Beehakker as Director of Football and Ince as the manager......sorted!

Quite true, but surely for a young and inexperienced manager with great potential (like Ince) he would make an excellent guide and mentor. Beehakker as Director of Football and Ince as the manager......sorted!

I'd rather not pay the wages of a director of football and just get a manager who is capable to run the club.

Archived