BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Er, Crossroads wasn't it? I know Rovers fans call Burnley fans dingles, but lots of Bolton fans refer to you guys by that affectionate nickname too. As a matter of interest most Midlands fans of various clubs call Wolves fans dingles also. I don't think you hold the copyright.

I dont think Bolton fans are known as anything but Bolton fans by Rovers support.

I thought their rivalry was with Wigan?

.........or Bury?

Everybody has the warning thing but it is not seen by other board members

Oh ta, I'll just get me sledge-hammer and round up all my other Luddite pals and we'll go see about that there new fangled Spinning Jenny thing......

By the way, could somebody tell me why I am displayed as having no warnings? Laudable and true, but does that mean everybody else except me has been warned over something!?..and do I get a prize if true?

It's part of the board setup. You can only see your own warning level and not that of others (mods etc may well be different).

It's just so you can keep track of you own indescretions (sp?).

Gumboots. I presume the New Inn on Parsons Lane is serving Doom Draught these days rather than the beautiful uplifting Angel Juice that passes for bitter in that fair tavern. What's wrong with you? Top international footballer - at home and abroad unlike anyone today. Medal winner extraordinaire. Massive will to win, held in the highest esteem by any footballing biographer you care to read (not always liked, but always respected). And someone who is prepared to shun the comfort of a BBC studio and golf course in favour of getting stuck into football management at Macclesfield of all places..... that is a sensational background. And to be able to have the confidence to demand the Rovers job above more 'qualified' candidates. The bloke has done well.

And who do you think would best face down Bentley in a fortnight? I would back Ince to sort that paricular individual out. And if not, be strong enough with the other players to carry it.

In the end none of us know. None of us have ever talked to these people. Or really understood them. Or interviewed them for that matter.

I for one back JW. And Ince looks right for me.. if not.. who else?

If it's Ince I'm not too bothered one way or the other, but I don't get the impression that was who was being referred to.

I dont think Bolton fans are known as anything but Bolton fans by Rovers support.

I thought their rivalry was with Wigan?

.........or Bury?

Dunno mate. 91 rivals in the league in my view.

It's part of the board setup. You can only see your own warning level and not that of others (mods etc may well be different).

It's just so you can keep track of you own indescretions (sp?).

...no, that device is called "Mrs Atomicrover", and all are trotted out at every available opportunity..............

Just had a chance to read the ariticle from the (Evening) Herald from a few pages back ;

"If anything, a move to Ewood Park is something of a backwards step for a man who two years ago was interviewed for the England job and was eventually installed as ill-faithed boss of Newcastle."

Bunch a muppets :rolleyes: ....you lot think the British press is biased :lol:

Ye Gods, is there anyone left in the entire squad who hasn't been linked with Citeh?

At this rate Hughes will be putting bids in for the tea lady (although they are quite good at EP, and are looking to serve tea in a Champions League game at some point)

It's all baseless drivel.

Everybody has the warning thing but it is not seen by other board members

Except it shows on mine. don't know why. I didn't do anything to make it visible. Perhaps it's just so you can all see what a little angel I am really.

Except it shows on mine. don't know why. I didn't do anything to make it visible. Perhaps it's just so you can all see what a little angel I am really.

Everyone can see their own warning level.

Don't think I've seen this posted on here, although it may have been lost in the depths of this thread somewhere.

Man City supposed to be in for Reid.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=32770

If true, by all means take him

Sparky will have alot more better options than this liability though.

So i doubt there is any truth in this article

Er, Crossroads wasn't it? I know Rovers fans call Burnley fans dingles, but lots of Bolton fans refer to you guys by that affectionate nickname too. As a matter of interest most Midlands fans of various clubs call Wolves fans dingles also. I don't think you hold the copyright.

Rovers fans were the first to use it to call burnley fans.

It comes from emmerdale were one of the characters called zak DINGLE said he supported burnley,

Sounds like he's got zip chance then. :)

"A season with Verona" is a brilliant book btw.

Hope so

And I second the comment about the book by Tim Parks. It's the best football book I've ever read by a long way...

No thats wrong Pafell. 2000 spotty know-nowt teenagers who in a fine display of lynch mob mentality signed a petition on something called facebook who don't want him. :angry2:

So when you keel over, and all these no-nowt teens have stopped supporting the club cause no one cared about their opinion, who will buy the Season tickets and merchandise? You sound like the grumpy neighbor who keeps balls kicked over the fence onto their lawn.

Emmerdale actually! :)

It stemmed from when we played our six fingered banjo players from down the M65 in the chumpionship in 2000/2001 season.

Somebody found out that 2 of the actors that played dingles in the soap actually lived in Burnley,so at the game the chant became "your just a town full of dingles".

From that day onwards they became known as dingles.

Rovers playes who have been linked with a move away from the club:

Nelsen

Fredal

Reid

Cruz

Bentley

Samba

Warnock

Crickey we are not going to have a team left?!

TBH Joey that's about standard for Rovers in any transfer window these days. We've a good squad and lazy journalists will always use them to pull a transfer story out of their jacksies and screw the facts.

Pedersen must be ###### off he doesn't get a mention!

How very true!

Whilst it's true that the press have indeed linked all these away from the club, i can't help but despair at the pathetic way in which our club is portrayed

Nelsen - Only quote was, i'm going nowhere. This obviously means Villa are close to a deal

Friedal - Does anyone really think he's going to Villa

Reid - Is Sparky really going to raid his old club for Reid, or are the Irish times merely linking the one player we have of theirs

Cruz - Always to be expected, it happened with Benni last year, so obviously he'll leave

Bentley - Ok, i'll give them that one.

Samba - Agent simply mentioned he may be available for (Insert bizarrely made up number here) and obviously Sparky wants to take him with

Warnock - One quote about not being happy about the manager leaving, and he's instantly linked with every club under the sun.

Honestly, why would any Rover read a "transfer rumour page"?

Talksport were just mentioning in passing about a deal for Bentley to Spurs for 12 million with it being nearly complete, any truth in it. It were ginger Adrian Durham who was mentioning it, but only in passing with his assistant producer who is a Spuds fan.

I'm hating lazy journo's at the moment (not Nicko) making up transfers because they can't find a real scoop. Although this transfer does sound like it could be true, with Bents being a Spuds fan (I think) and they are a so called big club.

Archived