BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well now I've read that article (took about 40 mins to read it all) I have got a real feeling of respect for that guy, and if half of what the article says is actually true, then Ince could well become a top manager. And I have now moved into hoping it is with Rovers. Also the article claims that he took all his "badges" and coaching courses while he was with Macclefield. Maybe true or not?

What article Fife????

To sum up in my opinion:

BFS - Decent with Bolton, Not too good with wages, but with the right board could work wonders on a budget. Forget newcastle, he wasnt given enough time. Possibly boring football but with us the possibility to work with a harder working team.

Mcclaren - Again forget international level, he was at boro for five years and has a decent record with them. steve gibson mentioned that it was the best era in boros history even if him and mcclaren didnt see eye to eye. again possibly boring football, but more attacking that BFS

Ince - Good relationship with Inter Milan (Moratti loved him), been around. players will relate to him with him being a young manager. apparently plays exciting football. Otherwise Inexperienced.

The way you've summed that up Novella, it appears that we have got the choice of 3 good/excellent candidates. You are not a PR man are you?

It doesn't.

You must be delighted with Megson

Well, he's done much better than I expected, if I'm being honest. Your interesting times loom.

who does that twit think he his calling us 'dingles', is he to stupid to realise where the word 'dingle' comes from.

It gets passed along. We call Burnley fans Dingles, we get it off Bolton who in turn are referred to as "inbred" by Ci'eh and United fans.

Some Bolton types seem to enjoy being in Manchester and feel it makes them sophisticated urbanites. Truth is that their town is a back water outer suburb and some of the hill dwellers around there are bigger Clampetts than the Dingles.

who does that twit think he his calling us 'dingles', is he to stupid to realise where the word 'dingle' comes from.

Er, Crossroads wasn't it? I know Rovers fans call Burnley fans dingles, but lots of Bolton fans refer to you guys by that affectionate nickname too. As a matter of interest most Midlands fans of various clubs call Wolves fans dingles also. I don't think you hold the copyright.

..or the end of the beginning.. (as the old sci-fi movies used to say)

By the way, could somebody tell me why I am displayed as having no warnings? Laudable and true, but does that mean everybody else except me has been warned over something!?..and do I get a prize if true?

Archived