BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Talksport were just mentioning in passing about a deal for Bentley to Spurs for 12 million with it being nearly complete, any truth in it. It were ginger Adrian Durham who was mentioning it, but only in passing with his assistant producer who is a Spuds fan.

I'm hating lazy journo's at the moment (not Nicko) making up transfers because they can't find a real scoop. Although this transfer does sound like it could be true, with Bents being a Spuds fan (I think) and they are a so called big club.

nicko did me tht a club was coming in with a bid for one of the players today <_<

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talksport were just mentioning in passing about a deal for Bentley to Spurs for 12 million with it being nearly complete, any truth in it. It were ginger Adrian Durham who was mentioning it, but only in passing with his assistant producer who is a Spuds fan.

Can't see that being true, no manager yet= no players going out. And when the new manager comes in its up to him whether or not he wants to sell.

I'm hating lazy journo's at the moment (not Nicko) making up transfers because they can't find a real scoop. Although this transfer does sound like it could be true, with Bents being a Spuds fan (I think) and they are a so called big club.

Any one but Spurs! Please David, have some decency!

Rovers playes who have been linked with a move away from the club:

Nelsen

Fredal

Reid

Cruz

Bentley

Samba

Warnock

Crickey we are not going to have a team left?! Pedersen must be ###### off he doesn't get a mention!

No David Dunn mentioned :unsure:

Are we not being a bit brattish by dismissing the applicants, and by that I mean McClaren.

He obviously has a high pedigree, he impressed fergie and the FA bigwigs which is no mean feat. Alright, he buggered it up with England but you have to blame some of it on the players who were at times nothing more than mediocre (ferdinand to mention but one).

Imagine us at Rovers seeing the LET Headline

"Rovers turn down EX-ENGLAND manager for job"

We have been spoiled by Rovers successes and the appointments we have made previously. Maybe its time us supporters had a reality check and satisfied ourselves that we may have to employ a manager such as mcClaren and that appointment would be a positive one.

He may employ the likes of Faz as a coach, he wont get Flowers who has gone on to a new job at QPR I believe.

BFS may be the other contender for the job as the board may consider the likes of Ince too risky just yet. If they go for the foreign option, Laudrup may be that man, I dont see grandad beenhaker as the preferred option. Ronnie Koeman or Bilic, or even MVB may just be off our radar wages wise.

People are questionning the compensation received for Hughes and Co ? Well, maybe its sitting in the bank waiting to be spent.

take it easy chaps and chapesses, relax and take a cold one :rolleyes:

So when you keel over, and all these no-nowt teens have stopped supporting the club cause no one cared about their opinion, who will buy the Season tickets and merchandise? You sound like the grumpy neighbor who keeps balls kicked over the fence onto their lawn.

Well said :rover:

Are we not being a bit brattish by dismissing the applicants, and by that I mean McClaren.

He obviously has a high pedigree, he impressed fergie and the FA bigwigs which is no mean feat. Alright, he buggered it up with England but you have to blame some of it on the players who were at times nothing more than mediocre (ferdinand to mention but one).

Imagine us at Rovers seeing the LET Headline

"Rovers turn down EX-ENGLAND manager for job"

We have been spoiled by Rovers successes and the appointments we have made previously. Maybe its time us supporters had a reality check and satisfied ourselves that we may have to employ a manager such as mcClaren and that appointment would be a positive one.

He may employ the likes of Faz as a coach, he wont get Flowers who has gone on to a new job at QPR I believe.

BFS may be the other contender for the job as the board may consider the likes of Ince too risky just yet. If they go for the foreign option, Laudrup may be that man, I dont see grandad beenhaker as the preferred option. Ronnie Koeman or Bilic, or even MVB may just be off our radar wages wise.

People are questionning the compensation received for Hughes and Co ? Well, maybe its sitting in the bank waiting to be spent.

take it easy chaps and chapesses, relax and take a cold one :rolleyes:

Although not totally in support of him (McClaren) but you have rasied interesting points - there must have been something about him that impressed fergy (but there again so did Kidd) as well as they FA. I do not know what his record is at Boro - but the FA did come for him during that time. In my view it was the players who were to blame for not qualifying for the euro 2008. They played and acted like big time charlies - they didn't care if they won or not as their positions / pay etc was safe.

looks like barring a suprise its between a fat crook, a ginger loser, and paul ince! the board have to see there is only one, out of those 3, that is going to generate any interest in the rest of this summer and the anticipation of the new season .i.e. INCE. I would happily see the start of the season put off a couple of years with one of the others.

Still can't accept McClown is a serious candidate, surely a wind up......painfully depressing to me and utterly comical to work mates!

Steve Mac is a decent coach, no doubt about that. However, in my view, you need to be more than that to be a good manager. There is a fakeness about his smile and his personality, which if I can see through, then players will also be able to see through this as well.

Very sad state of affairs when this 'mystery' foreign (random) manager appears to be pick of the bunch now.

Out of the publicly mentioned lot, I would pick Fat Sam, and jesus christ, I never thought I would hear myself say that.

Bring on the new season!

The beauty of posting on messageboards is you don't actually have to hear yourself say such things, just watch yourself type it.

I was reading it out loud to myself because I am so happy about it.

There is NOTHING in the Spurs and David Bentley story as we speak. They won't pay the asking price and probably not the wages he could have had at Rovers.

The could be something down the line if the next manager likes some of the swaps they will no doubt be offering. It's the only way that deal could happen.

So to say it's close just now is just wrong.

I can't go into more details on the managerial side because I'm a bit fed up doing other people's jobs for them...

But once the Russians have marched magnificently into the last eight tonight and there is minimal 'scooper snoopers' damage I will tell you what I know.

In the meantime get the voddies out for the boys!

Steve Mac is a decent coach, no doubt about that. However, in my view, you need to be more than that to be a good manager. There is a fakeness about his smile and his personality, which if I can see through, then players will also be able to see through this as well.

Very sad state of affairs when this 'mystery' foreign (random) manager appears to be pick of the bunch now.

Out of the publicly mentioned lot, I would pick Fat Sam, and jesus christ, I never thought I would hear myself say that.

Bring on the new season!

Yourself, as well as others say he is a good coach - which means he must be good at comunicating what he wants to those he is training. I am wondering if the public view with a camera in his face makes him come over wrongly. Some people just cannot talk in front of media cameras etc. Maybe fakeness is really him being nervous at press conferences - I am not saying that this is the case, as he maybe just a complete plum. But if that is the case how has he got as far as he has done in his career. There must be something about him we do not know, as it will only be known to those who work with him.

There is NOTHING in the Spurs and David Bentley story as we speak. They won't pay the asking price and probably not the wages he could have had at Rovers.

The could be something down the line if the next manager likes some of the swaps they will no doubt be offering. It's the only way that deal could happen.

I can't go into more details on the managerial side because I'm a bit fed up doing other people's jobs for them...

But once the Russians have marched magnificently into the last eight tonight and there is minimal 'scooper snoopers' damage I will tell you what I know.

I really hope that doesn't mean you won't tell us what you know if Russia don't get through.

In that case...COME ON THE RUSKIES!!!! :blink:

I really hope that doesn't mean you won't tell us what you know if Russia don't get through.

In that case...COME ON THE RUSKIES!!!! :blink:

You'll get the details I have no matter the result.

But come on the Russkies anyway. 50 to 1 for the trophy.

Point taken with regards to the management situation - I'm sure you will tell us when something of worth happens.

Yourself, as well as others say he is a good coach - which means he must be good at comunicating what he wants to those he is training. I am wondering if the public view with a camera in his face makes him come over wrongly. Some people just cannot talk in front of media cameras etc. Maybe fakeness is really him being nervous at press conferences - I am not saying that this is the case, as he maybe just a complete plum. But if that is the case how has he got as far as he has done in his career. There must be something about him we do not know, as it will only be known to those who work with him.

Think you have a point. Maybe fakeness is not the correct way of phrasing it.

Archived