BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad just reminded me of something said earlier when I told him it was probably Ince that was gonna get the job.

Whoever gets the job would have given a very good interview in the eyes of Williams and co, so therefore Ince must have given a brilliant interview, surely? :unsure:

to be honest Mcclaren could bring the entire Premiership winning squad and it still wouldn't stop us being the laughing stock of the nation. This guy is so despised that if he won the league with us (and of course I know it's not possible) we'd still be the laughing stock of the nation. Fans here might be happy but who wants to be the club that gave him another chance?

10/10 Excellent work. This pupil has shown much improved judgement recently. ^_^

Good post gumboots.

nicko do u think ince wud be able to attract high quality players, and wht is his links like with inter milan, wudnt mind a few of their promising youngsters coming to ewood or a few that are slighty down the pecking order

Mark Hughes' unilateral pulling power on decent players to Rovers is WAY over-rated. Most players are attracted to Rovers as a club because we are a strong Premiership outfit that have UEFA cup ambitions, offer first team football and pay good wages. That's the club foremost selling point, not the manager's public profile.

We want a manager who will achieve the success to attract good players who want to be part of the Rovers success story. Not a manager who will attract players that are most concerned about cosying up with a famous gaffer than achieving things for the club.

Mark Hughes' unilateral pulling power on decent players to Rovers is WAY over-rated. Most players are attracted to Rovers as a club because we are a strong Premiership outfit that have UEFA cup ambitions, offer first team football and pay good wages. That's the club foremost selling point, not the manager.

Could you please tell that to Stephen Warnock? Thanks.

• Backroom

Mixed emotions about this announcement, but I had similar feelings when Hughes joined so let's wait and see. Maybe there's a member of the boardroom staff who has a thing for ex-manchestah united staff?

Got to be honest, don't like Ince at all. Finding it all quite hard to take.

Spoke to Man Utd fans today and they went we love Incey. I replied, I think he is a prIck, and they said they agreed but he was such a driving force for them as a player.

I just feel, someone with such little experience is not what we need, especially with an unsettled squad. Interesting to see his back room staff and scouting set-up - will be all new to him. It is so easy to get sucked into the relegation battle in the Premiership and I think this is what we could face next season.

Feeling pretty sad and down tonight.

However, I will support the club like I always have done.

Brilliant news!

It might not work out in the end but at least we are having a go!

All you calling for experienced, "safe pair of hands" Allardyce have forgotten what this is all about; it's a game! It's supposed to be fun, not safe and steady!

Got to be honest, don't like Ince at all. Finding it all quite hard to take.

Spoke to Man Utd fans today and they went we love Incey. I replied, I think he is a prIck, and they said they agreed but he was such a driving force for them as a player.

I just feel, someone with such little experience is not what we need, especially with an unsettled squad. Interesting to see his back room staff and scouting set-up - will be all new to him. It is so easy to get sucked into the relegation battle in the Premiership and I think this is what we could face next season.

Feeling pretty sad and down tonight.

However, I will support the club like I always have done.

Well actually, Hughes had even less experience! And we were in a much more dire position than we are now.

I really wasnt sure on Hughes at first, so you never know....

PAUL INCE' BLUE N WHITE ARMY!!

Ok,

I have heard it said time and time again that Rovers seem to be the only team not showing ambition and why are we looking at crap candidates etc etc...My question is this, which premiership managers from other teams would you have been happy with at the time they were appointed?

Gareth Southgate with no experience? Our very own Woy? Curbs from Charlton? Moyes from Preston? (Maybe actually) Avram Grant? Keegan? Keane? etc etc.

How many of us would have been left feeling the same as we do with some of the above? It just shows to me that it isn't just us.

As for Ince, well I had started to go off him, due to many of the comments on here that made me think about things more deeply, but i'll give anyone a chance. I just hope and pray that JW knows what he is doing.

Could you please tell that to Stephen Warnock? Thanks.

Did Warnock choose Blackburn because of Hughes' lofty media reputation or did he make the choice on the basis that Hughes is a manager who is achieving success at Rovers and Warnock stands a great chance of being first choice left back in the team?

If an obscure manager comes in and does a good job - will he have great difficulty in finding decent players who want to join? No. Competence is everything, media profile, imo, unimportant.

Will he insist we call him Guv'nor :unsure: Well I absolutely point-blank refuse :P

This is defo the worst thing about him. Giving yourself a regular nickname like Incey would be bad enough but asking people to call you the Guv'nor... unforgivable.

Can you imagine if Micky Holding had said asked to be called Wispering Death? Would have ruined it.

We'll have to get a chant against it!

Mixed emotions about this announcement, but I had similar feelings when Hughes joined so let's wait and see. Maybe there's a member of the boardroom staff who has a thing for ex-manchestah united staff?

getting ahead of myself

maybe in a few seasons people will be talking about ince as a contender for the man utd job? if he does good with us he will be timing it right!!! argh

Alex Ferguson must have seen something in McLaren to take him to Old Trafford as his number 2.

RFW has consistently stuck to the old 'Never promote anybody good enough to take your job as your assistant' approach. :unsure:

btw....It's worked in my company! ;)

I just hope that better candidates - i.e. Laudrup & Bilic were approached. If they are both waiting for bigger things - then fair enough.

Does anyone know Ince's strengths ? Master tactician ? man manager and motivator ? gets best out of players ? attractive style of football ?

This is a BIG step up for him - struggle to think of any other Premiership club taking such a big gamble - in terms of the division a manager has worked in. To be fair to Ince - he must be one of the biggest names to come up "the hard way" and be successful for a long time.

Archived