BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

My 2p: I'm very happy with this*

Handing the reins to a relatively inexperienced manager such as Ince is a gamble but I'm confident he's a good gamble.

Well done to JW and the board**

* when/if it's confirmed by the club.

** when/if it's confirmed by the club.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
plenty of fans wanted dowie over hughes....

trust JW folks....

ince is a former captain of inter and man u. he's a leader of men. they respect him.

Personally I'd rather have Dowie over Ince! I cannot think of another established Prem club that would have entertained the idea of Ince as their manager.

It would be interesting to look at some of the replies on this thread in 12 months time. I wonder what all the doom and gloom merchants will be saying then?

IF Ince is appointed why not be a true supporter and get behind him and the team? If not, then don't bother going to any games.

hang on a mo peeps...you are all acting like hes been appointed(ince)...no one has been appointed till word has come from ewood and we have a new manager holding a blackburn shirt...there still might be a twist to this tale yet..... :blink:

that was such a nicko answer :D

trust JW folks....

ince is a former captain of inter and man u. he's a leader of men. they respect him.

Behave

Dowie over Hughes your having a laugh, i can't think of anyone who wanted that, maybe some burnley fans

trust JW folks....

Sounds very much to Hughes too.

Personally I'd rather have Dowie over Ince! I cannot think of another established Prem club that would have entertained the idea of Ince as their manager.

Il have some of that your taking! Dowie over Ince?? Infact Dowie over anyone?? NO THANKS!!!

INCE NEWS JUST ON SSN

ince has played for some of the best managers in the game.

he will have learned a great deal.

i'm trusting JW on this totally.

I also assume JW will have talked to a few trusted sources from within the game to find out about Inces character.

Looking forward to seeing a new style of football at Ewood!

That'll be it. In the end the old Welshie won nowt. Neither trophies nor friends for his Blackeye Rovers. And if we are not going to win the league then at least we should be reasonably entertaining and have a bit of a swagger about us. At least under Souness we had that.

But this would be a brave move by the Rovers if they pulled it off and fair play to them for that. No experience but huge cojones and no messing about... Bentley has his cocky card marked. I just have a feeling this boy could get something going down at Ewood. And because so many people hate Ince the old siege mentality might kick in and fire us up to tweak the tail of the fat cat city boys again.

Imagine West Ham away! Am loving that already. Last minute winner. 2 sent off. V sign to the old Chicken run and a pitch invasion. The good times are coming back.

We are the Rovers.

Feel hurt, feel sick, feel absoloutly gutted about INCE.

He is everything i despise in someone a coward, moaning sour grapes losing pr1ck. I just don't feel Blackburn Rovers right now i feel as if the club has ducked out and chosen the easy optition and i'm thinking Ince has been chosen becauase he will get about £2 million to spend and is happy to be managing in the prem so will take anything while the Walker family gobble up the rest of our kitty.

Absoloutly distraught, no wonder im beging to lose my love for watching the game. I support Blackburn Rovers not Paul flippin Ince.

Looks like i'll need a Horlicks. :angry2:

Interesting appointment.

Of course Rovers have interviewed Ince but they haven't if you get my drift. For all those saying we were looking cheap and cheerful, Rovers have appointed the most expensive option on the short list- Ince was on about £600K at MKD if I remembver correctly and Winckelman will fight very hard.

Wierd that Rovers have gone from having the most qualified management team in the Premiership by far to having the least qualified management team by a long distance.

Just goes to show that UEFA badges is as big a load of codswallop as the UEFA Fair Play League.

Just let Man Citeh or Chgelski even think about voting against Ince's appointment is all I can say.

As for Ince's abilities, will he be able to keep half the team from walking? A Bilic or Laudrup certainly would but Ince? This is a massive challenge for him even before he gets to sorting out the playing formation.

I would like to see him getting Benni and RSC gelling together- I always felt that Hughes failed badly there. Looking forward to Rovers putting plenty of robust tackles in. Ince should be good for boosting the Ewood crowds when you think about it.

Could be worse- ie the other two candidates.

I saw MK Dons v Lincoln last season. MK Dons won easily. They were a lot better than Lincoln, actually 4 goals better (from what I remember) but Lincoln were awful, so that's not saying much. I think Ince set out his teams to beat the opposition, rather than setting a system and sticking to it- at least from the comments round me that was what was being said.

Oh and there were over 13,000 there. And that was without the top tier of the stadium being developed. It'll be a big club soon.

hang on a mo peeps...you are all acting like hes been appointed(ince)...no one has been appointed till word has come from ewood and we have a new manager holding a blackburn shirt...there still might be a twist to this tale yet..... :blink:

Why do you think Ince will hold the shirt.

He would not be seen dead he hates Blackburn Rovers.

Ok lets forget his comment when he was a player - To be fair he played for United & Inter and therefore he was above us, therefore his comment was simply to wind our team up. He is now a manager and has already said he would love the chance and its a great club. Give the man a chance. Have you never said something which in time has changed?

Ince is Young, Hungry, Ambitious and a leader. He has played at the top level, under great coaches and he should have good contacts in places like Italy. He is known to play attacking football and considering the team he is taking on, IF he only loses Bentley then he is a safe bet no matter what. If it turns to a struggle then he will be out, IF he is a success, JW will of done the business again, and again, and again. Trust JW. Uncle Jack obviously did!!

Why do you think Ince will hold the shirt.

He would not be seen dead he hates Blackburn Rovers.

Hated. Past tense.

How many nylon shirt kissers have you seen on the TV and thought 'that boy loves that club'. None. Cos players dont hate and managers dont love. They are a different breed from us one love fans. Money and glory for them only. Fortunately we agree on the glory gig. And the Barack Obama of the Premier League Fat Cat ClubBuster, the outsider, the so called 'inexperienced' Inceman could just, just, be the boy for us.

That'll be it. In the end the old Welshie won nowt. Neither trophies nor friends for his Blackeye Rovers. And if we are not going to win the league then at least we should be reasonably entertaining and have a bit of a swagger about us. At least under Souness we had that.

But this would be a brave move by the Rovers if they pulled it off and fair play to them for that. No experience but huge cojones and no messing about... Bentley has his cocky card marked. I just have a feeling this boy could get something going down at Ewood. And because so many people hate Ince the old siege mentality might kick in and fire us up to tweak the tail of the fat cat city boys again.

Imagine West Ham away! Am loving that already. Last minute winner. 2 sent off. V sign to the old Chicken run and a pitch invasion. The good times are coming back.

We are the Rovers.

Great post.

The sun is shining on Blackburn again.

I would have lost all passion for the "beautiful game" had we got BFS or WWtB

Archived