BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

A couple of Spurs fans I know from another forum are saying that on their own unofficial forum someone who posts there who is 'in the know' says that a deal has been done for Bentley - 9.5 million rising to 12 million on apppearances, subject to a medical.

Take it with a pinch of salt but some info I thought was worth passing on.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could go t!ts up, but it could go well. He is, like Hughes, a great ex-pro which will help him gain the respect of the players. Can you really imagine...

Garth Crooks: So Dave, what made you decide to sign this 10 year contract with Rovers?

Bentley: Well garth, as soon as I saw Big Fat Sam was our new manager, there was no doubt in my mind I wanted to commit. He's played for some tremendous clubs and is known as one of the great players of all time. My 'ero.

Or...

Very disappointed Paul Ince has been offered the job.

I've been around long enough to know a "wrong 'un" when I see one and Ince is without doubt a wrong 'un.

Hope I'm wrong but I think it'll be a disaster.

What's the betting rock bottom Rovers send an SOS for Allardyce in November ?

Long long odds mate. I'd say, oh around pi to one. That is if you remove the decimal place from pi.

I had a good gut feeling for Ince from the start myself. Would have still preferred a Laudrup or Bilic but he's a much better sounding option than Allardyce or McClaren.

Ince would be the candidate I'd hate to have the least out of the three. He will either sink or swim at this level and this is probably the only way of finding out one way or another.

thats kinda how i feel at the the moment. can Ince attract/keep the players we need?

Taken from Ray Mathias's wikipedia:

Mathias recently stated that almost all of his team talks see him impersonate a swan while the players and substitutes throw Murray Mints at him whilst team manager Paul Ince will shout: 'Sit down Sturrudge' at him in a mild Welsh accent.

:blink:

Good god.

Can you imagine Santa Cruz throwing murray mints? No, neither can I. 'Can I hav a twanzfur pweez?!'

Tugay would just eat them wondering what the heckery was going on.

I'm happy with Ince, it's as stupid to knock him as a manager for his past comments as it was to support Shearer for his past heroics. I actually like this appointment, assuming it happens, he is young, full of fire, hungry for success and by accounts his teams play decent football. It seems he is also a good judge of a player and getting the best out of them.

Put your rusty old daggers away and get over yourselfs and your hurt feelings, I feel good about this one.

thats kinda how i feel at the the moment. can Ince attract/keep the players we need?

nicko do u think ince wud be able to attract high quality players, and wht is his links like with inter milan, wudnt mind a few of their promising youngsters coming to ewood or a few that are slighty down the pecking order

BFS - Decent record, not the fans favourite. Could do a pretty decent job without exciting the crowds.

McBrolly - We will become the most hated team in England.

Ince - interesting one, could do very well - could just as easy get us relegated.

But the best loved in Burnley and Preston! They'd be having street parties all summer! :angry:

btw a poll narrowed down to just those 3 might be very revealing over which candidate is the fans favourite.

The reason he got Mathias in as his assistant was that he knows the lower leagues inside out, of which Ince had no experience. It wouldn't surprise me if he left him behind or, if he does bring him, to get someone new in alongside.

Ince has just as high a profile across Europe as MH did, if not bigger via playing for England, so I think talk of him not being able to attract or keep players is unfounded, at least when compared to MH.

A new manager is always a risk and all the candidates have pros and cons (some just cons!) but at least with Ince I don't feel underwhelmed. He could well be a good un, and I think we are in for some exciting times...there are no guarantees in football but even looking at it from a pessimistic angle there should be at least 3 teams worse than us next year, but I think he will do better than that.

Allardyce or McLaren may have been "safer" bets but I would have felt totally indifferent about the upcoming season with either of them in charge. If this is true then fair play to JW and the board for going for a young, ambitious, and up and coming gaffer.

Oh and if it is true all you muppets who said they would send their season tickets back if Allardyce got in have saved yourselves the embarassment of either being found out for being all talk and no action, or having to miss Ewood next year, although it seems that not going to Rovers anymore isn't that big a deal to some of you anyway if you can make such statements...

I have my doubts about Ince, its a huge gamble, more so than when we appointed Hughes in my opinion. And he's certainly not the manager i would have gone for, but then again i wouldn't have picked BFS or McClaren either.

I just hope its the right choice as we cannot buy ourselves out of trouble in january like a lot of other clubs can do. I'll give him my full support despite all the fears i have.

May aswell give Newell the job!! Everyone seemed more happy about his coming than Shearer...

He did an amazing job at Luton untill the club, behind his back sold literally the whole team.

I'd certainly take him before Ince and Maclaren, and especially if he could keep his scouse gob shut.

im reasonbly happy with the news and good to see tht hes going to be the first black english manager in the premiership. the only thing tht concenrs me is his abi;lity in transfer window. :rover: INCYES BLUE WHIT ARMY - dosent sound right does it

Very disappointed Paul Ince has been offered the job.

I've been around long enough to know a "wrong 'un" when I see one and Ince is without doubt a wrong 'un.

Hope I'm wrong but I think it'll be a disaster.

What's the betting rock bottom Rovers send an SOS for Allardyce in November ?

I agree, all of you with your poxy say no Big Fat Sam have got what you wanted PAUL INCE ! well done lads - oh but he won league 2(division 4 in reality) and the paint trophy... I forgot that one.

Really sickened with JW's decision to even hear McClown out, all forgiven if this happens! All the transfer targets hughes identified as within our budget and able to improve the squad are still written down somewhere, to get him started straight off the bat. So so relieved, looking forwad to rest of summer now!!!!!!!!SUPERSTUFF

Ince? oh dear. I'll support him of corse.... but I'm severely disappoitned and worried. I'm in the "expecting a mid season coaching change" camp, unless there's a massive experienced #2 in the picture soon.

I'm hoping he is better than Keane in adapting to the prem as a manager.... I have this scary mental image of Ince mirroring Keano's signing of Ian Harte and co.?

im reasonbly happy with the news and good to see tht hes going to be the first black english manager in the premiership. the only thing tht concenrs me is his abi;lity in transfer window. :rover:INCYES BLUE WHIT ARMY - dosent sound right does it

Maybe it's time for a change - we have the 'Uncle Jack' one which is similar...

Archived