BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brilliant news!

It might not work out in the end but at least we are having a go!

All you calling for experienced, "safe pair of hands" Allardyce have forgotten what this is all about; it's a game! It's supposed to be fun, not safe and steady!

I can only assume you weren't around when we slipped from the top of the First Division to the bottom of the Third in a few short years in the sixties and early seventies. We had to wait a quarter of a century before we regained our place in the top flight and believe me there wasn't a lot a fun to be had for a good many of those years. It's no longer a game for a club like the Rovers. We can never win the League in the present financial climate but Premier League survival is vital for the very survival of the club. Do you honestly believe that, without Jack's money, we could return to the top flight in a couple of seasons like last time.

Next season is going to be a huge test for Ince and he will need the full support of everyone. I just hope the crowd don't turn on him if he struggles during his first few months at the club. If a number of our better players opt to leave - and if the club allow that to happen - then survival will have to be the main aim for Ince. I suspect next season is going to be something of a transitional one as Ince puts his own stamp on the team - assuming the Premier League allow him to take the post without qualifications.

There is NOTHING in the Spurs and David Bentley story as we speak. They won't pay the asking price and probably not the wages he could have had at Rovers.

The could be something down the line if the next manager likes some of the swaps they will no doubt be offering. It's the only way that deal could happen.

Swap deals are a thing of the past imo. Just far too many people to negotiate with.

If true then I'm not over the moon. To me as a manager he has done less than the likes of Grayson and Martinez and, lets be honest, no-one wanted them. Just because he was a 'name' doesn't mean very much.

Still - not a lot we can do apart from support him and the team.

Well I was really optimistic that JW would pull a cracker out of the hat here. I'm not sure Nicko has done much for us here if you read what he's said. Rovers have approached MK about Ince being there manager but he HASN'T been interviewed yet. Let's prey this isn't the best JW can do.

Maybe it's just one of the rules.

What if he forgets his powerpoint and cocks it up? "Sorry MK we've decided Billic is the man." :wacko:

Just how bad were the other interviews? "Let's appoint someone we havn't seen yet" GULP! :angry:

How cheap is he? "Well you havn't got the qualifications to start on the top scale" :closedeyes:

Tactic question? "Just how did you set your team out at ....... Accrington!"

Ohhh God - when did a manager last come from division 1 or 2 and do well in the Premiership?

More worrying is the impression that the trustees are looking to close the purse completely and look to be getting as much value out of the club as quickly as they can. Club = £25m Bent and Rocks = £25m total profit = £50m

Jack Walker will be turning in his grave and if you think I'm on a rant the last Bottom Division MAnager we had was......eerrrrrr...oh no...was it jim Iley? And Im not editing this post.

I can only assume you weren't around when we slipped from the top of the First Division to the bottom of the Third in a few short years in the sixties and early seventies. We had to wait a quarter of a century before we regained our place in the top flight and believe me there wasn't a lot a fun to be had for a good many of those years. It's no longer a game for a club like the Rovers. We can never win the League in the present financial climate but Premier League survival is vital for the very survival of the club. Do you honestly believe that, without Jack's money, we could return to the top flight in a couple of seasons like last time.

Next season is going to be a huge test for Ince and he will need the full support of everyone. I just hope the crowd don't turn on him if he struggles during his first few months at the club. If a number of our better players opt to leave - and if the club allow that to happen - then survival will have to be the main aim for Ince. I suspect next season is going to be something of a transitional one as Ince puts his own stamp on the team - assuming the Premier League allow him to take the post without qualifications.

There will be many on here with mixed emotions if Paul Ince gets the managers job. I suggest Paul Ince would also have mixed emotions taking on such a huge task. But lets be honest, at least Paul Ince was a player - liked or disliked does not matter at this stage - so he knows players, he has seen the bigtime that people like Bentley want, therefore may even be able to convince Bentley to change his mind - even if it is for the one season that Hughes & JW said to him. Paul Ince would inherit a very good squad of players - yes a squad still in need of a few additions. Therefore if he fails at Rovers, it would be extremely hard for him to get another managers job.

I also suggest the it is also a very very courageous appointment by the club to make - as supporters we have to back that courage by getting behind the club, the board and the team on the field. I do not believe we should - at this moment to dismiss Paul Ince - at least give the man a chance first. Incidently when considered for the Leicester job, he was loyal to the MK dons, by saying he was happy to stay with them. When he started his management job he could have started at a club bigger than the club he started with. He started at the bottom instead - I suggest credit should be given for that.

I am aware the Paul Ince has come out with the most pathetic statements throughout his footballing career - but have we not all done that at times. Yet we grow and learn by the gaffs we make - hopefully Paul Ince has done the same.

So in my view I suggest we say to Paul Ince - ok you've got the chance - we'll give you our support - now you show us what you can do.

I am not saying he was or is my first choice - but JW has not let the club down before - I do not believe he has done so this time. Players came to Rovers because of Mark Hughes - I believe that Paul Ince will attract players to Rovers in the same way - I do not believe the either BFS or McClaren could do that - there is too much bad history with both of them that will take years to erase - if ever.

If this is right then I'm pretty happy with Ince, quite relieved in fact.

Could have been far, far worse.

Agreed! McClown would be a disaster, Shearer would of been worse. Only Big sam must of been a serious candidate against him, but with 2000 fans signed up to afacebook petition - there hands were forced abit on that issue.

couls change name to Stepstone Rovers FC. this might be a great year or three, but then we are at it again, probably appointing Paul Scholes then...

If he uses us as a stepping stone to greater things then we have had another few years of improvement/ success - that will do for me.

Sooo disappointed with this news...feeling a bit down went through two tins in like 20 mins...

Bit relieved we have a manager..but ince? I know we should get behind him, but when hughes was appointed i was much more happier...mainly cos i liked him when he was a player for us.

I really dont think fans should have shunned BFS so early...i would have been happier than i am now and accepted him, finding it hard to accept this news.

ONWARDS & UPWARDS

Well he supports charity and fair play to him, but he is still a gooooowl!!

I really dont know what to feel about Ince!

1-can he attract top names

2-will the current crop want him

3-will he bring a decent Backroom with him(just as important as his appointment)

4-Is the step too big(from playin accy to playin man utd)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3-will he bring a decent Backroom with him(just as important as his appointment)

Haha brian was talking about Keane not Ince

Not hard to answer any

1- NO

2- NO

3- NO

4- YES

ince has played for some of the best managers in the game.

he will have learned a great deal.

i'm trusting JW on this totally.

I also assume JW will have talked to a few trusted sources from within the game to find out about Inces character.

Looking forward to seeing a new style of football at Ewood!

hang on a mo peeps...you are all acting like hes been appointed(ince)...no one has been appointed till word has come from ewood and we have a new manager holding a blackburn shirt...there still might be a twist to this tale yet..... :blink:

Archived