BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

I would like to see him getting Benni and RSC gelling together- I always felt that Hughes failed badly there. Looking forward to Rovers putting plenty of robust tackles in. Ince should be good for boosting the Ewood crowds when you think about it.

1. Hughes got RSC and Benny to the smallest town club in the Prem in the first place ffs Philip! Think Ince can even dream of attracting that quality of player?

2. How? I can think about it till the cows come home and I still cannot see how he will attract crowds to Ewood. I'm already considering playing in the winter league for the first time since the mid 80's!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a big name player (very well known), played for top clubs, done well thus far in his management career, hungry, passionate, can definitely imagine players getting a roasting if not performing.

The public eye on him being black my boost our appeal to africans..etc

I think he will build a solid team with great team spirit.

However, i am worried about the training regime, the poor back room staff, his tactical awareness and does he know what he is doing?

Bottom line - he's a bit of an unknown quantity.

He could turn out to be one of the greats, or he could turn out to be a very good manager.

He shouldn't be totally awful as he's achieved success so far, so let's just hope he can build on those successes and take us onwards and upwards.

This is a new era for our club and even Souness - considered a bad manager by most - ended up leaving our club in a much better position than when he found it.

Dean Saunders said it was the way the club was run etc that was a big factor in making the club so successful, he found this when he went to Newcastle and he said it by way of warning to Hughes.

So here we have Ince, a promising young manager without a blemish on his CV. One thing we should be able to count on is our club should get the very best out of him. There's something about our club that seems to do that with most, be they player or manager.

Changed your tune there son.

How much stick did he dish out to people who complained about BFS saying they wouldn't come again? I would not have been happy if BFS got the job, I would however have given him time to prove either way whether he was a success. Ince is an appointment that excites but is also a gamble so their is a risk of course. Surely any fan has to give him a chance before writing him off.

How much stick did he dish out to people who complained about BFS saying they wouldn't come again? I would not have been happy if BFS got the job, I would however have given him time to prove either way whether he was a success. Ince is an appointment that excites but is also a gamble so their is a risk of course. Surely any fan has to give him a chance before writing him off.

but do we have time to give someone "a chance" before were in the shi*!.

I think the term is hypocrite, if I'm being kind.

i think all the young scoundrels you slagged off deserve an apology TDG

1. Hughes got RSC and Benny to the smallest town club in the Prem in the first place ffs Philip! Think Ince can even dream of attracting that quality of player?

2. How? I can think about it till the cows come home and I still cannot see how he will attract crowds to Ewood. I'm already considering playing in the winter league for the first time since the mid 80's!

Ince's club record is at least the equal of Hughes': Mancs, Barca and Chelsea v Mancs, Inter and Red Scousers. Both were hugely respected as players by the people around them and hated by their opponents.

I don't see why Ince would be any less of a draw than Hughes or less effective in working alonside JW- JW has presumably picked him with that in mind.

I have to say that Matthias worries me a lot but lets see who he brings in as his backroom team.

I think it is pretty obvious to see why he might appeal to the Blackburn public in general and help to boost gates.

Could be worse- ie the other two candidates.

I saw MK Dons v Lincoln last season. MK Dons won easily. They were a lot better than Lincoln, actually 4 goals better (from what I remember) but Lincoln were awful, so that's not saying much. I think Ince set out his teams to beat the opposition, rather than setting a system and sticking to it- at least from the comments round me that was what was being said.

Oh and there were over 13,000 there. And that was without the top tier of the stadium being developed. It'll be a big club soon.

I saw MK Dons narrowly win at Stanley and they were far from impressive and didn't look any better than Stanley to be honest. I had gone expecting something special and was very disappointed in their performance. Ince and Mathias got involved in a bit of bother with Stanley players on the touchline, indeed both were on the pitch arguing with Stanley players.

However, that division is so poor that it's difficult judge if he is a good manager or not. At MK Dons he had more resources at his disposal than any other team. That won't be the case at Ewood Park.

The one thing he will need at Blackburn is time. The last time we appointed a Fourth Division manager was when Jim Iley replaced Jim Smith. The fans got on his back in the opening game and within weeks he'd been sacked. Ultimately, no matter what we say on these boards it will be results that will determine the success of the appointment. If the results are good people won't bother too much about the quality of the football but if the results are poor, no matter how good the football, the crowd will get on his back and call for his head. I feel he is going to need all the self-confidence that he appears to have during the opening months of the season.

Does anyone know Ince's strengths ? Master tactician ? man manager and motivator ? gets best out of players ? attractive style of football ?

This is a BIG step up for him - struggle to think of any other Premiership club taking such a big gamble - in terms of the division a manager has worked in. To be fair to Ince - he must be one of the biggest names to come up "the hard way" and be successful for a long time.

Until now I have been shall we say lukewarm about all 3 of our shortlist candidates, but have been able to see points for and against each one. That was the position until this afternoon when I clicked on the link in post #9299 (near bottom of page 465). That was for me the clincher. For all those who are still either unsure or still dead against the appointment of Paul Ince I say: Please take the time to read this article in it's entirety. It is very long for a mag article; takes about 40 mins to read, but it is a real eye opener and very well worth the effort.

Then when you have read it, take a bit of time to think about it, and see if you still feel the same, or could it just be that this man has really got something that could be of tremendous benefit to Blackburn Rovers. I leave it to you.

but do we have time to give someone "a chance" before were in the shi*!.

Of course we have time, the season hasn't started don't be melodramatic. We have had 3 seasons of top 10 football so as good a job as Hughes did we clearly have a good squad, add that to the weak state of the bottom 5 or 6 and i'd say it's the perfect time to give a hungry upcoming manager who also happens to be a name a chance. Clearly it could go wrong and has in the past but you have to give him a chance.

great appointment if it pans out! If people are comparing to keane we get the best deal as keane really is a poor manager apparrently saying he needs £50m, and his signing stink more than allardyces and McClowns biggest ponys combined!

Why would any player be put off because of Ince, imagine he's great on the training ground not some plank in a suit, that argument makes no sense. More likely to be put off playing for some orrible whiny ginger scot like moyes.

End of the day every player knows if he joins us and plays well he will play every game and we pay very good wages!

Gonna sleep so well tonight now the weight of McClown and Fat controller is lifted!

I don't understand your point. Where did I say you could?

you said ofcourse we can give him time, as the season hasent started, but what can a manager prove in pre season aparet from transfers. he can only prove him self as a manager throughout a season or 2, which im saying may be too late!!

but dont gewt me wrong id rather have him than mCclaren and fat sam

Out of the four (Martinez, Allardyce, McClaren and Ince) Ince would be my first choice. Do I think we could do better? Yes. But Ince does not have any less drawing power than Hughes had IMO.

Also...support positive football; support Russia!!!! Bring them all to Rovers! ;)

I have to say I'm glad bfs or McClown haven't been given the job! Although this still depends on the special dispensation if it goes well then the old king of ewood is dead, long live the king!

The Premier league cannot stand in the way.

It would be political suicide. People have been given dispensation before; so will Ince

And who said he doesn't wear a suit?

Paul_Ince_759817.jpg

Archived