BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether it's signing a player or getting a manager, you want somebody who is moving forwards in their career. If we'd got Allardyce or MacLaren they'd both be moving to a smaller job than the one they've most recently had.

I'd rather have somebody who will be desperate to show how good he can be rather than rely on past glories to support their reputation. It's a risk whoever you get as a manager - I think we've got someone who obviously has a raw talent for management and who will be absolutely determined to achieve success.

There's no chance of us getting relegated with the squad we have, even if DB and RSC go - let's have a bit of optimism for God's sake!

Ok,

I have heard it said time and time again that Rovers seem to be the only team not showing ambition and why are we looking at crap candidates etc etc...My question is this, which premiership managers from other teams would you have been happy with at the time they were appointed?

Gareth Southgate with no experience? Our very own Woy? Curbs from Charlton? Moyes from Preston? (Maybe actually) Avram Grant? Keegan? Keane? etc etc.

How many of us would have been left feeling the same as we do with some of the above? It just shows to me that it isn't just us.

As for Ince, well I had started to go off him, due to many of the comments on here that made me think about things more deeply, but i'll give anyone a chance. I just hope and pray that JW knows what he is doing.

Good point, well made.

he could bring ole gunar soljaker as in a recent interview this week he said he has learnt a lot from fergie and wanted to go into coaching ince, his no2 at mk dons adn soljaker would make a good team :rover:

Feeling pretty sad and down tonight.

TBH John - You would have felt down no matter who we appointed.

You have been negative to every one of them.

At least Paul ince is Young and Hungry, that's more than u can say about wwb and sam, except the hungry part about SAM :unsure:

About two days after we announce it on the website, knowing the medias view of Rovers ;)

[/quo

yep seen as hes having another interview tomrow it shud be friday before it becomes official

I asked for nicko's opinion on who should be the next manager when Hughes left :

Young and hungry, but with experience.

Willing to work within a tight budget.

No baggage.

No sleazes, please.

This is not the end of the world, just the start of a new one.

The last couple of weeks have been terrible but if we do get Ince I will be well pleased. He might not be the most experienced as a manager at the top level but he has played with top teams and he knows what it takes to win.

I am looking forward to next season, we have a decent squad and I think he will bring exciting attacking football to the club.

The best person to pass judgment on Ince the Manager is an intelligent MK Dons fan. Do they exist? :unsure:

:rover:

try the bbc 606 messageboards for mkdons theyll be plent theyre. watch out u might hav a lot of abus coming ur way :lol:

TBH John - You would have felt down no matter who we appointed.

You have been negative to every one of them.

At least Paul ince is Young and Hungry, that's more than u can say about wwb and sam, except the hungry part about SAM :unsure:

Not very difficult to be negative, it is one of the worst managerial short-lists I can remember seeing.

In all fairness though, after just having a conversation with someone who knows more about Ince (the manager) than me, it may not be all that bad!

Ok, If it actually is Ince, is it fair to say we can forgive him his comments about us previously?

Especially as thinking about it - When we won the title, wasn't he captaining his team only to get a draw against west ham, who already hated him - In the same year that he captained an FA cup loss.

We probably didn't leave him with that fond of a memory, and I guess he was entitled to feel a little peeved at us. :closedeyes:

At least we can get started in preparing for next season.

Im reserving judgement on this one.

Its imperitive he gets the right team in behind him, otherwise this could be a disaster.

totally agree 100% my sentiments exactly

Really downhearted with this appointment if it comes to pass, seventh in the strongest league in Europe ???????????? We're having a laugh. With our supposed resources is this really the best our board can do ? How hard did we try for the likes of Bilic or Laudrup. If he fails he'll be out by Xmas, if he's a success he'll be looking for a bigger club this time next year.

The best person to pass judgment on Ince the Manager is an intelligent MK Dons fan. Do they exist? :unsure:

:rover:

Not sure, I would hope that most genuine football fans were against the "franchise football" that they represent. If Ince is to be our man it at least deprives them of a decent manager and hopefully accelerates their decline into non-league football and inevitable encounter with AFC Wimbledon. Now that'll be a derby :)

Like others have said, a good team round him will be essential. With 5m in the bank from Citeh no stone should be left unturned to ensure this is so.

Archived