BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euro 2008

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't bloody wait to be honest. At least the coverage this time round will be impartial.

I'm not so sure. I'm looking forward to Ian Wright assuring us all that "England could've beat them" after every game.

Great read for me mate.

Personally, at least there is one thing us England fans wont feel this summer is let down and disappointed after a much hyped pre-competition.

I really couldnt give a rats ar$e about the competition and can honestly say that I wont be bothered wacthing any of it.

My fishing gear is ready for a full summer of hunting speciman tench and carp until my holiday and pre-season.

Another thing, I am going to let the wife watch whatever she chooses to :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Points make prizes

I'm be supporting Sweden in the Euros. Although I fancy either Spain or Germany to win it.

Still looking forward to it despite England not being in it, just spares us the heartache of going out on penalties in the Quarter Finals I suppose.

I will obviously be supporting Sweden. I expect us to do our usual routine though, scrape through the group and go out at the first hurdle after that. If even that... we're in a tough group. Spain are chokers, but sooner or later that has to change, right? And player for player they're quite possibly the best team in the tournament. Greece had a great qualifying campaign and are the reigning champions, while Russia are getting better and better all the time. But we are good at getting through tough groups (Knocked out Argentina in 2002, Italy in 2004) so I'm quietly optimistic.

Our attack is strong (Ibrahimovic, Elmander, Larsson, Rosenberg), we have some good midfielders, but our defense is weak these days. With Erik Edman out it's even worse. It means playing Dorsin, Stoor or Alexandersson in defense. And when your second choice centre half, with noone else even close, is Petter Hansson it's hard not to worry. If Tobias Linderoth misses out it'll look even worse. He's someone I'd have liked to see at Rovers too, but with him relatively recently moving to Galatasaray I suspect it won't happen.

Lagerbäck has always emphasized experience though, and that's something we have in abundance (7 players with 70+ caps, as well as many players who have been to several tournaments, under the same boss. We could even have a balanced midfield that averages 84 caps.). Let's hope he's right about that this time...

My money will be on Italy though.

Who cares? So boring without England.

Even though England are not in it, at least we won't have to put up with the constant 'This is England's year' articles in the newspapers!

Anyone I could have mildly supported failed to qualify so I really have no one to root for.

Maybe the Swiss cause of Vogel? No other of our players besides him and Ooijer (don't know if he's even been picked) are involved right?

I'm going over to Zurich for a few days at the start and hoping to see a game if there are any tickets about. Not sure who I'm up for yet but leaning towards Romania at the minute for no real reason other than they are in Zurich when I'm there.

My main hope is that whoever wins it wins by playing attacking football and scoring goals. Defensive football has taken over so much over the last 5 years or so that the game is getting more and more boring. A really good tournament would change that I think.

It really is fantastic. It's a pity people can't enjoy quality international football if England aren't around to dazzle us.

It's a very difficult thing to watch a tournament when you feel that your team should be there (not based on quality of performances, but simply because they are England).

I watched a lot less premiership football when we were in the first division.

I'm not as big of a fan of the Euros as I am of World Cup (where if I can I try to watch almost every game). I'll certainly still be watching and enjoying it, but it won't be the same without England and I won't take as much of an interest as I otherwise would have. I at least have the ability to support France and go for my country of birth, but I can never do that with much conviction.

Without any of the home countries the whole thing is a non event for me. I will be watching cricket and forgetting about football for the summer.

Who cares? So boring without England.

Have you forgotten the last World Cup, the last few Euros etc...

SO boring with England. Recent international tournaments have been dire. Just summed up by the finals - Italy v France, Greece v Portugal. Prise away the hype and it was dross.

Archived