BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biggest load of S*** i've heard all week. Ten Cate and other candidates are to be interviewed so why on earth would Rovers give BFS the job without interviewing anyone else?

Nonsense!

Look mate. I only say what i know. Yesterday morning i was told that Sam would be the next Rovers manager, from someone close to the man himself.

I dont need to come on here and let you all know something, just thought you might be interested.

As for the biggest pile of S***, dont bother reading it.

Look mate. I only say what i know. Yesterday morning i was told that Sam would be the next Rovers manager, from someone close to the man himself.

I dont need to come on here and let you all know something, just thought you might be interested.

As for the biggest pile of S***, dont bother reading it.

Never mind Will, you took a gamble putting it on here, knowing you would get flack if it didn't happen. Sh*t happens, but why were you balming your mum?

Never mind Will, you took a gamble putting it on here, knowing you would get flack if it didn't happen. Sh*t happens, but why were you balming your mum?

I sure did, and do deserve it.

My mum is to blame as she is the one footballing contact i have.

She has worked in association football for over 20 years and knows most people in the right places at all north west clubs.

Especially the ones connected to Big Sam.

I sure did, and do deserve it.

My mum is to blame as she is the one footballing contact i have.

She has worked in association football for over 20 years and knows most people in the right places at all north west clubs.

Especially the ones connected to Big Sam.

Association football???

Just speaking to some Chelsea fans, and when Cate was sacked, they were saying good riddance to him.

It may have been as a result of falling out with John Terry, or other circumstances, but the majority of the playing staff had little respect for him.

I find it hard to believe so many people are hearlding him as a saviour, without really knowing much about him. Plus the fact his pedigree stems from being a coach, not a manager!

I do agree that he is probably one of the better options out of a horrendous bunch of possible managerial candidates - hopefully this saga has a nice, surprisng ending for us.

We have a really unsettled squad at the moment. Players had an enormous amount of respect for Hughes and also his staff.

I just wish there was someone who I felt comfortable with as being our next manager, but unfortunately, there is not.

thing is allardyce probably thinks he is the number one choice with shearer out of the frame. He's not averse to a bit of self promotion so he probably let it be known he was going for interview and felt the result was as close to a formality as can be. so you probably weren't telling porkies that a source close to allardyce said he was to be appointed. Thing is, it's not his opinion that counts.

thing is allardyce probably thinks he is the number one choice with shearer out of the frame. He's not averse to a bit of self promotion so he probably let it be known he was going for interview and felt the result was as close to a formality as can be. so you probably weren't telling porkies that a source close to allardyce said he was to be appointed. Thing is, it's not his opinion that counts.

Very true. Hence the reason why i am preparing for the flak :rolleyes:

"from someone close to the man himself"

Thats probably why, he obviously wants the job so if thats come from BFS its somewhat bias. If I where to apply for a new job I wanted and told someone I was close to getting it that doesnt mean my prospective employers would feel the same way. Glad you where wrong though, you had me worried. I just hope that your prediction is just a little early.

Just speaking to some Chelsea fans, and when Cate was sacked, they were saying good riddance to him.

It may have been as a result of falling out with John Terry, or other circumstances, but the majority of the playing staff had little respect for him.

I find it hard to believe so many people are hearlding him as a saviour, without really knowing much about him. Plus the fact his pedigree stems from being a coach, not a manager!

I do agree that he is probably one of the better options out of a horrendous bunch of possible managerial candidates - hopefully this saga has a nice, surprisng ending for us.

We have a really unsettled squad at the moment. Players had an enormous amount of respect for Hughes and also his staff.

I just wish there was someone who I felt comfortable with as being our next manager, but unfortunately, there is not.

I think thats a bit of a narrow view. He has a very large of coach and managerial experience across Europe. He has done well wherever he has been involved.

I am not sure how we could hope to attract a name you would be completely comfortable with, if they are utterly proven a world class managers they do not come to a club like Rovers as we have little cash. Look at the managers in recent years at clubs of a similar size and wealth to us at the time of appointment:

Hodgson (Fulham)

Little Sam (Bolton)

Moyes (Everton)

Bruce (Wigan)

Redknapp (Portsmouth)

Southgate (Middlesborough)

None of these really gets the soul stirring at the time but this is the market we move in. In comparison the "comfortable" top managers who have been appointed in mid size clubs in recent years have been:

O'Neill (Villa)

Eriksson (Citeh)

Ramos (Spurs)

All of them clearly top names. However in order to get them to sign enormous amounts of money were promised to them to spend. We cannot hope to do that.

Even seriously established names like Advocaat have very blemished CVs. No one in our bracket is perfect, we cannot attract Mourinho or Capello.

TO me it sounds like your major issue is that you are setting unrealistic expectations. For a club in our position the likes of Ten Cate is a good bet imo. We are not going to get the finished article. Ten Cate seems to have all the tools, like Hughes did.

Good move by Ince and the Dons keeps the Rovers option open for him and if they say no he stays at a club going in the right direction.

I think if we ask permission for talks with Ince it would be granted and if he doesn't get the Rovers job then the relationship with the Dons would still be in good shape.

Joey - I accept we are not going to appoint a coach who we are completely comfortable with. I realise the market we are in. I am just not in favour of the names being mentioned at the moment.

I was happy when Hughes took over. That was because of his track record with Wales and I always respected him as a player.

Cate has caused a few problems during his managerial career and he it appears he is best suited to being a coach.

Also, seeing his interview yesterday, Ince cannot appear to speak English properly, so I also have a slight issue with him.

Trust me, I am not being negative for negative's sake - I just care about the club and keeping a happy squad together!!

Trust me, I am not being negative for negative's sake - I just care about the club and keeping a happy squad together!!

Whoever comes in is going to break up the squad. There is little choice about that. It is the only way the new coach will gain authority and be able to effectively impose his strategy on the team. No one comes in and leaves things as they are.

Precisely. We're not looking for a caretaker but for a manager who can take the club forwards. that will mean some leaving and some coming in. I'd hope it's not Bentley and santa cruz who leave but if it is , it'll be because we get good money for them and the new manager thinks he can do something different and hopefully better with the cash. Only if whoever comes in falls out with the entire playing staff in the first week do we really need to worry.

Well from what I've read it's Cate seemed to show interest in the Rovers job, but through no direct quote. If this is the case I can't see him not being interviewed by Williams or having some more press. BFS seems to be getting all the press as is Ince but Ince always seems to be quoted as saying he has not had any contact with Rovers at all.

I have no idea what is going on but like many others I am a little anxious to see who will get the job; I suppose we will all find out next week?

Archived