BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Id love to see Dick Advocaat or Laudrop who did wonders for Getafe and both play good attacking football come in. It doesnt seem the board hold the same opinion though

I would love to see a number of people here, probably close to 30 above Ince, but we have to work with what you have available.

We all know the owners want out, they are not about to break themselves to help something they no longer want.

You do not build a swimming pool beside a house solely to sell the house.

The BBC says "Uefa and Premier League rules require anyone wishing to manage in the top flight to hold the Uefa Pro Licence, which requires 240 hours of study and usually takes a year to gain."

What on earth is the point of having this rule if someone who's clearly made no effort to even start the course can walk into a Premiership job?

Isn't this precisely why the rule exists?

How can Rovers sit on the Premiership board with any integrity and ask to break their own rules so flagrantly?

240 hours is a helluva lot of time for study.

It's fair to assume Ince either never expected to be considered for a Premiership job so soon into his managerial career, which perhaps betrays a lack of career planning and ambition.

Or - worse - he simply assumed he'd be able to break the rules should an offer arise.

Either way, there's something whiffy about this appointment.

And it's probably down to what we know is the one thing everyone involved in Premiership football most deeply believes in - money.

How can Rovers sit on the Premiership board with any integrity and ask to break their own rules so flagrantly?

It's not breaking the rules, it's an exception. One that requires a vote from the Premier League clubs - I think a unanimous vote. Southgate, Roeder and possibly others have been allowed to get their badges while managing a Premier League club so why not Rovers/Ince?

It's not breaking the rules, it's an exception. One that requires a vote from the Premier League clubs - I think a unanimous vote. Southgate, Roeder and possibly others have been allowed to get their badges while managing a Premier League club so why not Rovers/Ince?

Then the rule is nonsense and shouldn't her there in the first place.

I am not arguing with you I just think it is a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense that interferes with everything and accomplishes nothing.

Much the Parliament, House, Senate.... The list goes on and on.

Bah.

Radio Lancs just reported JW's said that it will be Monday before naming a new boss!

Quite reassuring but frustrating news. It shows that the board is pulling out all the stops to make sure that the candidate we get is the best man (available) for the job. Smart move imo, and a fairly safe one as the majority of transfer shinanigans won't start until after the euros.

Despite what's being said about Ince my gut feeling is if it definately was him the club would've confirmed it by now/tomorrow. Saying it won't be till monday makes me think that it'll be someone else.

Am quite worried, not to mention utterly unsure who it'll be. No candidate is ideal, but I guess that we'll have to take a bit of a gamble whoever we appoint.

Despite what's being said about Ince my gut feeling is if it definately was him the club would've confirmed it by now/tomorrow. Saying it won't be till monday makes me think that it'll be someone else.

Am quite worried, not to mention utterly unsure who it'll be.

Could still be Ince. Could just be trying to sort the Pro Licence problem out.

Blimey it's all kicked off on the forum today- i have to say that im disappointed by some peoples stirring and sticking their noses in, its been pretty cringe worthy reading at times.

Just hope i don't wake up to another revelation such as paul simpson has been appointed.

Guest Kamy100

There is a BIG problem there. It needs to be approved by all Premier League Clubs, it appears some clubs are asking why Ince hasn't shown any interest in getting these qualifications despite being a manager for 2 years, Keane and Southgate were given special premission because they went straight from playing to management. The LMA are involved because they are trying to help sort this out.

"despite being a manager for 2 years" very good point and one I hadnt taken on board with regard to previous managers being allowed into the Premiership.It is a point I would question as well, and really examine the answer.

There is a BIG problem there. It needs to be approved by all Premier League Clubs, it appears some clubs are asking why Ince hasn't shown any interest in getting these qualifications despite being a manager for 2 years, Keane and Southgate were given special premission because they went straight from playing to management. The LMA are involved because they are trying to help sort this out.

Ah righto. I thought the LMA approval was all there was to get.

Rather short-sighted of the other clubs IMO because if we're turned down then I don't see JW ever voting that another club can have such an exception.

I hope the lawyers we employ are open over the weekend to get Laudrup signed up, if he agrees terms tomorrow or saturday... would imagine that we'd have learnt from the roy keane episode...

Guest Kamy100
Glenn Roeder hadn't played for a few years though had he, i think someones talking horseshite!!

He was given special premission due to serious health problems for a considerable period of time which didn't allow him to take the qualifications.

He took Getafe to the euros from almost nothing hes highly regarded and again a big name.

Why do we have to wait till monday though wernt we promised end of this week must be some discussions going on in the boardroom with the back peddaling of the date.

Archived