BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He took Getafe to the euros from almost nothing hes highly regarded and again a big name.

Why do we have to wait till monday though wernt we promised end of this week must be some discussions going on in the boardroom with the back peddaling of the date.

He didn't get them in Europe, he was only there for only one season. He took them far in Europe and the cups and credit where its due, but I fear that should a fairly big Spanish club comes in he'll be off.

Laudrup would be my choice that's for sure.

I'd back the club in whoever they choose but I feel Laudrup is currently the outstanding candidate.

Here here.

Big name and would possibly keep the current crop happy and also attract decent names.

Go get him JW.

He took Getafe to the euros from almost nothing hes highly regarded and again a big name.

Why do we have to wait till monday though wernt we promised end of this week must be some discussions going on in the boardroom with the back peddaling of the date.

How many dummies spat out cos it's taking time (not just you, plenty of other posters during this saga)?

JW's taking his time to get the right man in. We could've had Allardyce (or Eddie) in place weeks ago and I for one am very glad we don't.

Blimey it's all kicked off on the forum today- i have to say that im disappointed by some peoples stirring and sticking their noses in, its been pretty cringe worthy reading at times.

Just hope i don't wake up to another revelation such as paul simpson has been appointed.

I ust have missed something having not been on the board much today - whats kicked off?

How many dummies spat out cos it's taking time (not just you, plenty of other posters during this saga)?

JW's taking his time to get the right man in. We could've had Allardyce (or Eddie) in place weeks ago and I for one am very glad we don't.

Exactly, he can take another week for all i care so long as he gets the right man in. (Laudrup)

Personally I think Laudrup could be good but there's a few alarm bells going off. First wages, read this. He wants big money to go there. Now imagine the clauses at rovers. I don't think the club is big on clauses, especially after Bellamy.

Also he stepped down from Getafe after a good season. Anyone know why?

Ince is a safe bet and from what I've read he sounds like a good manager, 100x better than Ince the player (who I hated)

Doubt it. Ince has been at between 1.25 and 1.45 for the past 24 hours or so. Laudrup was at around 60 last night and I imagine the sky news will have seen his price drop, but that will simply reflect the news rather than any real information eminating from the club.

I find it rather amusing that Laudrup is being lauded as a great manager for (apparently) taking Getafe to european qualification when that is exactly the same as Allardyce at Bolton.

Ince has done a decent job at MK Dons although in my opinion they were a big fish in a small pond in League Two. Managing a Premiership Club is an entirely different matter and I don't see him as having the tactical nous to cut it. He just doesnt seem to have the intelligence!

Laudrup was a superb player and seems to have done ok at Getafe. I'd prefer him to get the Rovers job but like others I would question his loyalty if a bigger club in Europe came knocking.

In reality, I know little about football management but Laudrup seems to 'fit' better than Ince in my eyes.

Personally I think Laudrup could be good but there's a few alarm bells going off. First wages, read this. He wants big money to go there. Now imagine the clauses at rovers. I don't think the club is big on clauses, especially after Bellamy.

Also he stepped down from Getafe after a good season. Anyone know why?

Ince is a safe bet and from what I've read he sounds like a good manager, 100x better than Ince the player (who I hated)

Two things:

Big money by Spanish managerial standards probably just means he'd take a normal wage for us.

The requirement of the clause makes little difference. As we've seen from Hughes and City, if a club makes an approach and our manager wants to leave we will grant him permission. The clause wouldn't change a thing, all it does is confirm that he wouldn't be coming here with the intention of being at Ewood Park for the rest of his career (which would never happen anyway and we all know that).

What are Ince's and Laudrop's odds on the infamous betfair? I would happy with either, the odds might tell the story as to how close the decision actually is.

Ting is most of the users on the betting markets are as in the dark as we are. How many names have been favourites over the past few weeks?

It would explain why JW went to Switzerland. He's unemployed. Obviously won't get a job this summer unless it is us now.

Cobblers. The managerial merry-go-round will kick off in all its spectular lunacy as the Euros finish.

I see it as advantage Rovers: we've had a few weeks to sort it out and (IMO) are making the most of them.

Two things:

Big money by Spanish managerial standards probably just means he'd take a normal wage for us.

The requirement of the clause makes little difference. As we've seen from Hughes and City, if a club makes an approach and our manager wants to leave we will grant him permission. The clause wouldn't change a thing, all it does is confirm that he wouldn't be coming here with the intention of being at Ewood Park for the rest of his career (which would never happen anyway and we all know that).

Still, why leave Getafe? They had a good season in Spain. Got to a cup final and did well in the league and played some attractive football. I think he'd be great but how long would he stay? I wouldn't want to go through all this again next summer!

Romário: "The best player I have ever played with and the 4th best in the history of the game together with Zidane."

Raúl: "The best I have ever played with."

Zamorano: "Un genio!", "The reason why I make so many goals, is Laudrup."

Cruyff: "One of the most difficult players I have worked with. When he gives 80-90% he is still by far the best, but I want 100%, and he rarely does that."

Maradona: "One of the greatest ever."

Platini: "One of the biggest talents ever. The best in the world on the training pitch, but never used his talent to its full during matches."

Guardiola: "The best player in the world, I can't believe he hasn't won the title as best player."

Beckenbauer: "Pelé was the best in the 60's, Cruyff in the 70's, Maradona in the 80's and Laudrup in the 90's."

Not manager-related really, but a player with such pedigree will attract names to Ewood. As for the problem of him leaving in a year, I don't really care. It would mean he's done a good job..

Incidentally, Laudrup has two sons - one 19 year old playing for FC Copenhagen, and one 18 year old playing for Real Madrid's youth teams. His brother Brian was of course also a fantastic footballer, playing for Bayern Münich and Glasgow Rangers, and their father Finn was also a professional footballer and later coach of the Danish National Team.

Laudrup would for sure please those worried that we'd lose some pull without Hughes, as he is an even bigger name than Hughes was (At least outside the UK).

Totally agree, Laudrup has the potential to expand the brand of Blackburn Rovers beyond these shores which cant be a bad thing considering the amount of 'one eyed englishmen' we seem to be culturing on these shores.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't get past Ince 'the player', even though he has a 60% win rate for MK Dons. But I'm trying to be objective about it and would rather Rovers take a risk with him than go with other options. Although I'll be interested as too see what happens in regards to Laudrup.

We probably have more money than Getafe, because the Premier League is so strong at the moment. Realistically, we can't have the best manager in the world at our club (even though we might've had one of them the last three seasons) - not without major investment anyway.

Archived