BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

And that attitude, in a nutshell, is one of the reasons why Hughes left. There are too many so-called fans who didn't share the Hughes desire to "get to the next level". It's all about "we have to stay in the division". Why? We were 7th last season. We lost a good manager through his own lack of common sense, and backing himself into a very unpleasant corner and suddenly we're relegation fodder? You really were all brainwashed by Souness weren't you?

I despair about you lot, I really do. You remind me of the guy who sits to my right at Ewood. When I was berating MGP for yet another missed pass he pulled a face. When I challenged him he said "don't you know we're lucky to have players of his calibre? We're punching above our weight and we should just be grateful to be in the division". That's a sickeningly mealy-mouthed attitude. Probably also an indicator of the state of Blackburn the town. Where's the ambition? The "get up and go?" It's got up and gone. So very, very sad.

It is sad indeed Jan but there is no problem with anybody being a reallist is there? Without Jack walkers intervention we'd still be down amongst the dead men playing in a tumbledown stadium closed on 2 sides. And that IS the reallity! And anybody who thinks otherwise is a dreamer.

I seem to rem you saying that you are an accountant Jan? But I'm beginning to doubt that now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all want to go to the ''next level'' but unfortunately the club finances will prevent that from happening,all and sundry realise that,Hughes realised that and was probably THE major factor in him moving to...... ''a club that could match his (financial) ambitions''.

Unless you have been on the moon these last 12+ months or so the club still has not recieved any serious concrete offers for it.

Brainwashed by Souness?......give us a break Jan!

I think Jan has a point about attitude,

If you keep punching above your weight then it becomes the norm

If your good enough your big enough

:rover:

Who the Hell has said we want O'Neill....Why pick Alardyce becuase he is the esasy option..Once he signs it will be for at least three years..I could not bear that...We hated him when he managed Bolton so how could we like him now..no nay never..

Think you should re-read his post and listen to the point he's making rather than trying to cause debate over a point he wasn't actually making but merely using as an example. We can sit here and argue about it all day but the facts show that Allardyce did NOT drive fans away from the Reebok and DID get Bolton into the top-half with very little money. Like it or not he is a pretty strong candidate. Doesn't mean he is going to get the job but if he does it will not be because he is the "easy" option. Hopefully we'll know by the weekend.

Regarding the Dons rejecting Leicester's approach for Ince, this must have been for one of two reasons: either they really won't let him go or he said he isn't interested in Leicester which implies that he may want to stay put in which case he wouldn't come to us either (unlikely being as he described the link as flattering and made no suggestion that he is uninterested). The resulting and probable scenario is that he fancies the Blackburn job and the Dons will let him discuss it with us if he so requests. He's there for the taking so yet again it comes down to who JW thinks is right for us. Getting lucky with another up and coming and unproven (certainly at this level) young manager is unlikely twice consecutively but not impossible, Ince seems to have most of the qualities Hughes had (determination, hunger for success, level-headed, motivated, etc.) possibly making him the logical choice but the club has different needs now than it did when it appointed Hughes and this will affect the choice of manager. So long as it's not McClaren, I'll stand by any decision the club makes.

Ince to be Confirmed

The link aboce has been posted before but I want to make a point of something it says: RSC and Bents will be sold to provide Ince with as much cash as possible so that he can keep Blackburn competitive - am I the only one or does anyone else think that is the most stupid thing ever written? How is selling our two best players going to help us remain competitive. IMO opinion Rovers will be better keeping the pair and buying noone than selling them and replacing them with 4 or 5 new players, none of whom are as good.

And that attitude, in a nutshell, is one of the reasons why Hughes left. There are too many so-called fans who didn't share the Hughes desire to "get to the next level". It's all about "we have to stay in the division". Why? We were 7th last season. We lost a good manager through his own lack of common sense, and backing himself into a very unpleasant corner and suddenly we're relegation fodder? You really were all brainwashed by Souness weren't you?

I despair about you lot, I really do. You remind me of the guy who sits to my right at Ewood. When I was berating MGP for yet another missed pass he pulled a face. When I challenged him he said "don't you know we're lucky to have players of his calibre? We're punching above our weight and we should just be grateful to be in the division". That's a sickeningly mealy-mouthed attitude. Probably also an indicator of the state of Blackburn the town. Where's the ambition? The "get up and go?" It's got up and gone. So very, very sad.

But Sam has gotten Bolton, a team with a similar budget, to the level we are consistently in his last 4 years - that's why people want him.

ok if we bring Ince in, here is the situation he has done well at a small club(s) but Blackburn arent a small club, we are a big club in a small town...there is a difference

We're a small club compared to those around us in the league, big compared to MK Dons.

I'm sure Ince has the personality but Hughes had an eye for a bargain, was exceptional at finding good players where noone else thought to look - don't know whether this was down to his staff or what I can't be sure but he was damn good at it. I'm not saying Ince isn't/wouldn't be good at it but given that we are a small club with little money in comparison to those we are competing against, that proved to be a major factor in our success under Hughes. Read the first few posts of the Bentley thread and compare those opinions to the player we have today for a good idea of how Hugheswas also good at spotting and developing young talent. If we get a bloke who is capable of that again then we can continue our recent relative success rather than be satisfied to remain in the Premiership.

Reading between the lines in this thread and Nicko's Part Three I've reached the conclusion no one has a clue as to who the next manager will be. I'm expecting NONE of the media speculated candidates will be appointed, with the slight possibility it could be Billic, and JW will pull a rabbit out of the hat by appointing someone who is not even thought to be in the running. I'd include Billic in that group as I think he is only on the list as part of the fans' wish list.

In todays world very little happens without the media or someone knowing about it...If we are to appoint someone by the end of this week as JW said, then it cannot be someone like Bilic who is off at the Euros and I doubt it will be a late unexpected entry whose name hasnt been mentioned...

Thats my thinking...

In todays world very little happens without the media or someone knowing about it...If we are to appoint someone by the end of this week as JW said, then it cannot be someone like Bilic who is off at the Euros and I doubt it will be a late unexpected entry whose name hasnt been mentioned...

Thats my thinking...

So Scolari is not going to be Chelsea's manager following that logic....

Let's just hire Chris Waddle so we can speed up our demise and not have a slow, painful march to relegation over the next few seasons. Get it over with. I wish I could support a club rugby team, as football is a truely hideous game these days.

Nothing stopping you you miserable get!

OK. I have had it with football. It is the sport for masachists, egotists, loudmouths and blingmeisters. I am so depressed with the situation that I will try to lose all interest in the game, and get into other sports more. It is hard when you don't have Sky/Setanta, but that is it. I'll still have an interest in Blackburn Rovers Football Club, but none in the game as a whole. Football is rotten, and now even cricket wants to follow its lead. It is disgusting.

I've spoken to my friend from l'equipe again and he still insists that there has been contact between Rovers and the Croatian FA.

All I can say is that I haven't stuck any money on Bilic to get the job.

I must say that as each day goes by I am coming round to the idea of BFS as manager. He will settle us, hopefully pursuade the likes of warnock and roque to stay and with some money he could make some shrewd signings...id more more comfortable with the money in sams hand rather than ince. take away the NEwcastle debacle...which wasnt exactly his fault and he has been a good manager, has a good record. I remember meeting him when he was manager at Blackpool (Where he took them to the playoffs at the first attempt) and i know for a fact the guy is 110% commited to his work, he is scouting most of his free time away and will have things very organised. Our football may suffer a little but i think we would be much harder to beat than the last season with Hughes in charge.

I've spoken to my friend from l'equipe again and he still insists that there has been contact between Rovers and the Croatian FA.

All I can say is that I haven't stuck any money on Bilic to get the job.

Saw a story today, I think it was in L'Equipe, that Elie Baup is in the running for the Rovers job!

I must say that as each day goes by I am coming round to the idea of BFS as manager. He will settle us, hopefully pursuade the likes of warnock and roque to stay and with some money he could make some shrewd signings...id more more comfortable with the money in sams hand rather than ince. take away the NEwcastle debacle...which wasnt exactly his fault and he has been a good manager, has a good record. I remember meeting him when he was manager at Blackpool (Where he took them to the playoffs at the first attempt) and i know for a fact the guy is 110% commited to his work, he is scouting most of his free time away and will have things very organised. Our football may suffer a little but i think we would be much harder to beat than the last season with Hughes in charge.

As I'm already on a warning, can somebody please bail me out here? :blink:

Isn't this the sad thing though. so many people are being sucked into accepting him because they can't see better. If you'd asked us 6 months ago "Would you like him as the next Rovers manager?" the answer from most people would have been a definite no. Now suddenly despite his failures at Newcastle he's being put forward as some kind of saviour. Well, I want no part of it or of him.

Yep and we've also quietly gone from having a "fantastic list of 40 names" to a list that any premiership team would have had and even a few championship clubs. Only 3 stand-out possibilities at this moment in time (Henk, Laudrup, Bilic), but two don't appear to have been contacted or be interested and the board appear to be putting more effort into getting a retard, a crook and a candidate who is only being considered because he once played for some good teams.

Archived