BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

Please please please let it be Laudrup!

Ince is thick as two short planks and only being talked up because the media is desperate for the first black English premiership manager. Allardyce would be dull as hell, McLaren a complete joke, and there's really no other serious candidates being touted. Laudrup would be an exciting appointment. He'd attract the right sort of buzz towards Rovers throughout Europe, hopefully continuing where Hughes left off in attracting players to the club on the back of having a manager with a big reputation in the game.

Laudrup please, JW!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was slightly terrified at the thought of Ince coming in when I first heard it last night.

Now that we've been tempted with Laudrup I'll be distraught if it ends being Ince...Laudrup is almost the perfect candidate. I say 'almost' simply because he has no Premiership experience, but every other box is ticked; big name, well respected, exciting football, success with small clubs in a top league. Oh please let it be Laudrup.

Well I wish you lot would make your bloody minds up! I had written off my £20 as a contribution towards Paddy Power's next million this morning and now I might be treating myself after all!

20/1 when I got on - yee hah!

:D

Can't say why my view has changed, but I think it is excellent we have two men keen on the job.

Let the best man win!

JW may be acting coy but he categorically said no one had been offered the job. In addition, the fact they have put the decision back until Monday (possibly waiting for clarification on Ince coaching badges).

I trust JW to make the right decision.

What I find interesting is imagine Nicko hadn't posted the Ince update, Sky would probably never have done its' cringworthy little ''Breaking News' and the latest we would all know is that Laudrup had been interviewed.

I wonder what the mood would be then?

Made up if its ince, Laudrup is a million miles better than the 2 old stinkers that where giving me nightmares! I do hope that it remains ince however as i seriously feel laudrup would only need mediocre success before he turns the head of a bigger club, really could'nt see laudrup as long term not even a full season not because he'd get the bullet just down to the fact he'd interest all spanish, italian and dutch giants!

As long as its one of these 2 though its all good...........sooooooooooo depressing when the options appeared to be between 2 lacklustre multi-millionaire press hungry old horror story jokes of managers!

Can't say why my view has changed, but I think it is excellent we have two men keen on the job.

Let the best man win!

JW may be acting coy but he categorically said no one had been offered the job. In addition, the fact they have put the decision back until Monday (possibly waiting for clarification on Ince coaching badges).

I trust JW to make the right decision.

Totally agree.

Following on from the suspected sighting of BFS at Ewood this morning, an accountant who comes into Ladbrokes at Ewood also claimed this afternoon that he had seen Laudrup at Ewood!

Must be a BFS/Ince/Laudrup management team!.

Just been looking at Laudrup's CV on Wikipedia and I can't really see why people are getting their knickers in such a twist about his managerial track record. Four seasons at Brondby and one season at Getafe hardly makes him the next Brian Clough does it?

Laudrup was my original dream appointment for the vacancy but I had given up on it ages ago.

Contrary to what is being written on here, Laudrup is the cheaper option. I would imagine Ince and team will cost us seven figures in compo whereas Laudrup is a free agent.

They would both know what Sparky was earning and so I'd guess their wages would be pretty well identical at Ewood.

Whoever, gets it between the two of them has beaten a very strong contender.

Must be a BFS/Ince/Laudrup management team!.

All three or any combination of the two would be a surprising turn of events. Laudrup and Ince pairing together since neither have a strong following for an assistant? BFS would likely already have people in mind to be his assistant coaches.

All three or any combination of the two would be a surprising turn of events. Laudrup and Ince pairing together since neither have a strong following for an assistant? BFS would likely already have people in mind to be his assistant coaches.

I think that comment was firmly tongue-in-cheek, there's not a single chance of all three of them coming together, or two of them coming together to be honest.

So is the general consensus now that its likely we won’t hear anything until Monday?

BFS, Ince and Laudrop will be playing a game of Risk starting tonight at midnight. The final announcement depends on how long it takes for someone to come out on top (could be Saturday or could be Monday). What we do know is that whoever wins will be a master of strategy, their tactics proven on the battlefield.

John Williams will be catering the event.

BFS, Ince and Laudrop will be playing a game of Risk starting tonight at midnight. The final announcement depends on how long it takes for someone to come out on top (could be Saturday or could be Monday). What we do know is that whoever wins will be a master of strategy, their tactics proven on the battlefield.

John Williams will be catering the event.

What you on about?!

According to a former Rovers player, Ince is homophobic as well as arrogant...

Paul_Ince2_673266.jpg

Ince is thick as two short planks and only being talked up because the media is desperate for the first black English premiership manager.

Indeed, but what some of the liberal luvvie Guardian readers who are desperate for a black manager perhaps didn't realise is that Ince is homophobic, according to Graeme Le Saux.

In Le Saux's autobiography "Left Field", published last year, Graeme was strongly critical of his former England team-mate Ince, who he says called him a string of names, including an 'effing poof.

Le Saux recalled in his book a game when he played for Chelsea against Liverpool at Anfield in October 1997.

To give you just a couple of paragraphs from the book....

"Paul was really wired during the game. He would get so frantic in matches that his eyes would glaze over. I had been clattered a few times when he took my legs and left me on the deck. Then he started jabbering away at me. "Come on, you f______ poof," he said. "Get up, there’s nothing wrong with you."

"A few minutes later Ince did me again and started yelling the same stuff. I snapped. I insulted his wife. Paul went ballistic. He was livid. He spent the rest of the match trying to kick lumps out of me. When the final whistle went I was going down the tunnel when I caught sight of him out of the corner of my eye, about to land a punch. I ducked out of the way and scarpered.

"The guy had lost it completely; he wanted to kill me. He was a prime example of someone who could dish it out but could not take it. He had been calling me all the names, personal stuff that he must have known would hurt, and yet as soon as I retaliated in kind, he could not cope."

Is this arrogant man, with such a volatile temper, really a suitable candidate to be Rovers manager?

What would happen if a young teenage player at Rovers came to Ince and told him that he was gay and asked Ince for his advice on how to deal with homophobic insults? Would Ince, as a manager, tell the young player that he was an "effing' poof"?

If the teenage lad reacted to being called an "effing poof" by his manager, would Ince then want to punch him, as he wanted to do to Le Saux?

It's quite a dilemma for some of the liberals in the media who were desperate to have a black manager in the Premiership. Ince ticks one box - he's black, but on the other hand, he doesn't tick the other box - he's not a sensitive "new age man" who is tolerant of other people's sexuality. He's an arrogant bad-tempered homophobe who calls people "effing poofs" - which is certainly frowned upon by the liberal luvvies.

A link to the extracts from Le Saux's autobiography is below - scroll down about 20 paragraphs for the section relating to Paul Ince:

"Gay slurs almost wrecked my career," says Le Saux

See the link below - I know someone highlighted this yesterday, but Ray Mathias could be our new Eddie N / Mark Bowen.

Fair enough in the lower leagues but not Premiership players?? Must be a joke...

Mathias recently stated that almost all of his team talks see him impersonate a swan while the players and substitutes throw Murray Mints at him whilst team manager Paul Ince will shout: 'Sit down Sturrudge' at him in a mild Welsh accent.

See the link below - I know someone highlighted this yesterday, but Ray Mathias could be our new Eddie N / Mark Bowen.

Fair enough in the lower leagues but not Premiership players?? Must be a joke...

Mathias recently stated that almost all of his team talks see him impersonate a swan while the players and substitutes throw Murray Mints at him whilst team manager Paul Ince will shout: 'Sit down Sturrudge' at him in a mild Welsh accent.

:lol: You're not seriously suggesting thats credible?!

Archived