BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I'd love it to be Laudrup, I think we are all clinging on to the last ray of hope.

I feel the only reason that we are potentially waiting till Monday is to get compensation sorted with MK Dons and get the Premier Leagues blessing.

Come Monday we'll be being 'governed'

Ray Mathias :( that alone should send JW running for the hills.

We are Blackburn Rovers, one of the best teams in the land not bloody Tranmere Rovers.

Get Laudrup in, exactly in the Hughes mold and hungry to be successful.

As much as I'd love it to be Laudrup, I think we are all clinging on to the last ray of hope.

I feel the only reason that we are potentially waiting till Monday is to get compensation sorted with MK Dons and get the Premier Leagues blessing.

Come Monday we'll be being 'governed'

I wouldn't say a Sky Sports report is clinging on to the "last ray of hope"... they must believe their source is good to put it up there (and leave it up there), and we havent heard anything either way from nicko.

We'll see, they do get things wrong but it's not unrealistic to hope that they're right.

I wouldn't say a Sky Sports report is clinging on to the "last ray of hope"... they must believe their source is good to put it up there (and leave it up there), and we havent heard anything either way from nicko.

We'll see, they do get things wrong but it's not unrealistic to hope that they're right.

Even if Rovers have interviewd Laudrup then the only reason for the delay would be he personally was initially unsure but has had a change of heart. If he was keen at the time of the interview then he'd probably have been appointed now.

It's fair to say that due to the vast reporting Rovers definitely opened talks with MK Dons yesterday. Maybe Laudrup has changed his stance but I feel the Rovers ball is now rolling towards Ince.

I hope I'm wrong mind you.

Just been looking at Laudrup's CV on Wikipedia and I can't really see why people are getting their knickers in such a twist about his managerial track record. Four seasons at Brondby and one season at Getafe hardly makes him the next Brian Clough does it?

However, Brian Clough started out his managerial career at Hartlepool Rev - I'm sure that when he went to Derby there were no guarantees that they were getting the next Brian Clough. Maybe they were after the next Bill Shankly?

:blink:

He was given special premission due to serious health problems for a considerable period of time which didn't allow him to take the qualifications.

Correct he was having treatment for a brain tumour. Southgate got dispensation cos the FA snuck in and nicked Boro's manager.... both rather better and more valid reasons than 'I couldn't be bovvered b4 but if you dont allow me to manage BRFC it must be because I is black.'

If Laudrup is indeed interested, I would find it extremely disappointing if Ince was appointed. I could handle him as being the best out of BFS and McLaren but if someone of Laudrup's calibre wants the job we should move heaven and earth to try and get him.

More experience, experience at the highest level, European experience, more contacts, attacking football - surely this is a no brainer?!

If Laudrup is indeed interested, I would find it extremely disappointing if Ince was appointed. I could handle him as being the best out of BFS and McLaren but if someone of Laudrup's calibre wants the job we should move heaven and earth to try and get him.

More experience, experience at the highest level, European experience, more contacts, attacking football - surely this is a no brainer?!

I have started to accept the fact it will be Ince and not minding it too much. However, it would be interesting to know why Laudrup is not selected as he seems to 'tick a lot of boxes'. Absolute legend as a player and made a decent start to his managerial career. Getafe are the Spanish equivalent of BRFC!

spot on :brfcsmilie:

Etc.

In one breath you vilify 'liberal luvvie Guardian readers' and then in the next rely on the testimony of Graeme Le Saux...a well known 'liberal luvvie Guardian' reader. :lol:

Personally I couldn't give a toss what colour Ince is. I simply don't want him in the Ewood hot seat. We are too precariously balanced this summer to take a punt on the manager of MK Dons. Laudrup is a far preferable candidate and I really hope the board goes in that direction other than the thuggish Ince.

from wiki:

Michael Laudrup (born 15 June 1964) is a Danish former professional football player. On May 16, 2008, he resigned as manager of Spanish club Getafe CF, leading to speculation about which club he will manage next. His most prominent run of football came with Spanish club FC Barcelona, with whom he won four straight La Liga championships. He famously moved to arch rivals Real Madrid in 1994, with whom he won his fifth La Liga title in a row. He scored 37 goals in a total of 104 appearances for the Denmark national football team, which is only topped by Peter Schmeichel's 129 games and Thomas Helveg's 108 games. From November 1994, he captained his country for a total of 28 matches[1] before his retirement in June 1998.

In 1999 he was voted the Best Foreign Player in Spanish Football over the previous 25-year period[2] and in April 2000 he was knighted, as he received the Order of the Dannebrog. In November 2003, to celebrate UEFA's Jubilee, he was selected as the Golden Player of Denmark by the Danish Football Association; their most outstanding player of the past 50 years.[3] He was officially named the best Danish footballer of all time by the Danish Football Association (DBU) in November 2006.[4]

After ending his playing career, Laudrup took up coaching, and became assistant manager of the Danish national team. He got his first manager job at former club Brøndby IF in 2002, whom he guided to the 2005 Danish Superliga championship. He chose not to extend his contract with Brøndby IF in May 2006. In 2007 Brøndby IF decided to name a new lounge at the stadium "The Michael Laudrup Lounge", with Laudrup's approval. He subsequently took over as coach of Getafe, Madrid's third club, and continued his coaching career with notable success there. He brought the club comparative success in the Copa del Rey and UEFA Cup, and the team's attacking style brought plaudits. However, he resigned after just one season in charge. On the 17th June 2008, he was interviewed for the vacant managerial position at Blackburn Rovers F C.

So in the last 24 hours I have shifted from "hmmm Ince - that's refreshing, sure beats McLaren or Allardyce' to "Ince - seriously, we turned down Laudrup for that?"

I think I am just going to hole up in a cave for a day or two - and then see who it is.

In any case, Laudrup was always my first choice (if not expected), but Ince wouldn't be the end of the world.

Archived