BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

In any case, Laudrup was always my first choice (if not expected), but Ince wouldn't be the end of the world.

Nope BUT he could easily be the beginning........ of the end of the world. :unsure:

Or it could easily be the end of the beginning...........of the end of the world

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy dream.

In the interest of harmony, Rovers unveiled Paul Simon at the Monday Press Conference....

JW said "When I realised we didn't need to hire a manager with any licenses, we started thinking laterally about getting a big name manager. I'd had enough of talking to bolshie money grubbing old football pros."

My take on Laudrup is this,he is experienced at the highest Level,Uefa Cup,and Spanish Legue.Played at the highest level as well,took a relatively small team(much like ourselves)to the spanish cup final,reached the Uefa Cup Quarter Final..the one thing for me is,that we wouldn’t have to pay any compo to any club,as he aint employed.The other thing is,there would be no problem with getting special whatever to have him coach us,as is the case with Ince.The only question is,who is it going to be,and does Laudrup seriously want the job.There is no question,that Laudrup is so much better than Ince,and there is just 1 winner and that’s ML…

I think that it's great that we have the option of having Ince or Laudrup as our manager and that McClaren has decided to go FC Twente and that Allardyce has taken his hat out of the ring. Ince and Laudrup are similar in that they are both young, up and coming managers. Ince has done extremely well with MK Dons and certainly has the potential to be a very good Premiership manager. Laudrup took Getafe, a club which I imagine would be similar to ours in terms of support, finance and size, to the semi finals of the Uefa Cup, the semi finals of the Copa Del Rey and kept them in La Liga. He would be my preferred candidate because of his experiences and achievements at a higher level of football. He would also have a greater set of contacts for potential signings. I know that what he did at Getafe doesn't necessarily mean that he will do the same with Rovers, but you would imagine him to have a better chance of success than Ince. Either way I think both are great candidates and would be a suitable replacement for Hughes.

What has the world come to when any idiot writing any rubbish can get published? Not an ounce of intelligence in his "article".

Don't blame the writer he should have chosen another career path. Any blame is with the editor. Little Big Man with a Big Desks. They simply would not dare publish such disparaging stuff about a 'big' club.

Ince speaks like a plank - from having all our staff with qualifications to no one now....

Laudrup would be a signal of intent. Everyone I speak to cannot believe he is being linked with us.

Laudrup would be a signal of intent. Everyone I speak to cannot believe he is being linked with us.

Same here, I got a few pleasant texts from fans of other teams a couple of hours after the news was released. Until the Laudrup the news all I've had is mocking and laughing about the quality of candidates.

A quick question that I hope someone knows the answer to (I don't, I genuinely want to find out):

Who was the last Premiership/top division side to appoint a manager from the fourth tier? I can't think of anyone.

how can anyone support Ince? Even if he is the man to take us forward HE CANT cause he cant participate in any Eufa tournament without those badges. Id have preferred BFS to this guy. He has no badges, no top flight experience and appears arrogant and full of himself. He mst also be bone idol to think he doesnt need those badges if he is to match his future ambitions.

I dont understand how is the front runner and dont say its cause he's young.

how can anyone support Ince? Even if he is the man to take us forward HE CANT cause he cant participate in any Eufa tournament without those badges. Id have preferred BFS to this guy. He has no badges, no top flight experience and appears arrogant and full of himself. He mst also be bone idol to think he doesnt need those badges if he is to match his future ambitions.

I dont understand how is the front runner and dont say its cause he's young.

As ludicrous as entering the RAC rally with no driving licence.

JW has the perfect get out clause with Ince if he wants to appoint Laudrup.

Ince v Laudrup

Here is what Ince´s crony thinks about Rovers....never-gonna-achieve-anything-Blackburn

and here is what Laudrup´s agent says...In 20 years of working in football I have not come across a chairman as impressive as John Williams

It is now turning into a no-brainer. Ince gets his mates to slag off the club when we do not rush to appoint him. Laurdup´s agent talks with respect.

I thought Ince might be a decent gamble but with Laudrup on the scene and the antics of Ince´s buddy it would now be very disappointing should he get the job.

As ludicrous as entering the RAC rally with no driving licence.

JW has the perfect get out clause with Ince if he wants to appoint Laudrup.

Exactly. If it all goes t!ts up with Laudrup then Ince would still jump at the chance later down the line. The club need to show the fans they have at least some ambition cause even if he fails and jump ship then we can still appoint Ince.

My impression is the Ince/Laudrup divide will show us what direction the club is going in. Go for Ince and it shows a lack of ambition, go for Laudrup and it shows the fans the club still is ambitious despite a lack of funds. This is a key decision, one which I trust JW will make to the best of his ability based around everything he knows which im sure is a lot more than us.

What a distasteful article - nasty little Rovers are distracting us from our ritual masturbation over the top four. The upstarts.

I can scarcely imagine that being phrased any better.

A very interesting article. Ince sounds like he's learned a little at least about real football spirit in the lower leagues where the players are there mostly because they love playing football. Maybe a good lesson for someone who's been at the other end of the spectrum during their playing career.

SOS! Please ,please FA do us a favour just this once and block the Ince appointment. Why have a rule if it's never applied. For Southgate and Roeder there were mitigating circumstances . Thjere are none with Ince. He should have got the badges if he wanted a top job. Really it sums him up that he arrogantly didn't bother. Why on earth is the job being offered to someone with zero experience of transfer dealings and players outside the UK (or indeed the lower leagues)? How will he cope with one of his earliest decisions - how to replace the 2 most influential players in last season's team. A frightenng prospect that Ince could be entrusted to spend £25m - a decision that will determine whether Rovers hold on to their current mid /upper table position or slide towards the Championship trap-door. This would be an appointment that shows no ambition - just taking an easy catch.

Archived