BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Simpson

Nicko has confirmed that he is set to join Rovers on loan on Monday.

Discuss your views!

Personally I think he is just a back up and we will sign another quality RB. He is no where near good enough to compete at the top level. I would rather have Emerton there, don't get me wrong he may turn out to be a good player, BUT he isn't there yet.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko has confirmed that he is set to join Rovers on loan on Monday.

Discuss your views!

Personally I think he is just a back up and we will sign another quality RB. He is no where near good enough to compete at the top level. I would rather have Emerton there, don't get me wrong he may turn out to be a good player, BUT he isn't there yet.

I think he's quality, good attacking full back.

Just spoke to a hardcore Scum Supporter and he got a little bit mad that we are signing Simpson with an buy-option on £2,5m. He rated Simpson very highly and also one for the future at United. He said he was very pacy, but was lacking a little bit with his crosses.

He'll be back up to whoever we sign, he's quick and a reasonable crosser of the ball for a full back. It means that Emo will be further forward, he's done well pre-season for united.

This could actually mean that Simpson will be back up for Emerton at right back, with cash being spent on a right winger.

This could actually mean that Simpson will be back up for Emerton at right back, with cash being spent on a right winger.

I know this won't go down well with some but Emo is not a RB his positioning at times is awful and struggles with making the desicion to go or to hold. Lots of teams tried to exploit this last year. Emo is best going forward, he is not a defender. I'd like to see him in a midfield three TBH (to see how he gets on but not in the defensive role). I think given his experience at RB, when the FB goes past him we would be more solid defensively than with Bentley there.

I thought premiership rules didn't allow players to play against their own club whilst on loan, or have they got rid of that rule?

I like the loan move if it has an option to buy. If not then I feel we are just developing a player for United and slightly improving our options at right back.

I thought premiership rules didn't allow players to play against their own club whilst on loan, or have they got rid of that rule?

I like the loan move if it has an option to buy. If not then I feel we are just developing a player for United and slightly improving our options at right back.

Isn't that nothing more than a gentlemen's agreement between the clubs?? Not to play an on-load player.

Isn't that nothing more than a gentlemen's agreement between the clubs?? Not to play an on-load player.

I'm pretty certain that any player on loan is not allowed to play against their contracted team Can't find the rules anywhere but I'm sure Defoe was not allowed to play against Spurs last season for Pompey as he was still classed as being on loan.

I would have preferred to see Kane given a chance to back-up Emerton.

Kane might not be excelling right now but he has proven he has certain qualities, was excellent in Belgium and may be a late developer, needing games to progress.

If Simpson does sign, I hope Kane is sent on loan ASAP because it would terrible if he was given the reserve stagnation treatment suffered by the declining Nolan.

On the basis that Ferguson doesn't like us and he would not do us any favours whatsoever I can only assume that United do not consider the lad to be Premier League standard.

Send him back.

On the basis that Ferguson doesn't like us and he would not do us any favours whatsoever I can only assume that United do not consider the lad to be Premier League standard.

Send him back.

I'm not quite as cynical as that, but I'm very sceptical about this.

Very rarely does RFW dispose of a good player, he's usually spot-on with his judgement. Phil Bardsley was considered to be the best prospect in the United ranks, and he's not doing so well...

Rules changed towards theend of last season permitting clauses in loan contracts stopping a player appearing against his own club.

Was a very unpopular move but it permitted a practisethat was happening de facto.

Do you think it is likely that they will pay the majority of his wages?

If there is one person close to Williams in shrewd business moves it is Alex Ferguson

Archived