BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Simpson

If they were the only offers available...either 600,000 for 50% sell-on clause or 5million for none then I would take the first every time.

I am sure there must be a happier medium however.

I hope so too.

All the indications are he is purely coming on loan (if he is coming at all) and that the Mancs have absolutely no intentions to sell. Let's see what happens.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the indications are he is purely coming on loan (if he is coming at all) and that the Mancs have absolutely no intentions to sell. Let's see what happens.

I do not see the point in developing players for other teams just to give the improved version back to them.

We are a Premiership side which finished seventh. We should not be taking in unproven youngsters without an option to buy.

• Backroom
I do not see the point in developing players for other teams just to give the improved version back to them.

So should every club that we loan players to refuse to take them on the same grounds ? geeesh!

So should every club that we loan players to refuse to take them on the same grounds ? geeesh!

Selective editing at it's very best!

Did you see the other half of FLB's post?

Well in that case, you'll understand why we're in a different position to those that we loan players to.

Which leads me to wonder what point you were trying to make with your post. Not a valid one, obviously.

Taking on unproven youngsters is fine, but only as long as there IS an option to buy. That strengthens the squad at allows us to make lower risk but still ambitious signings. If we are simply taking a player on loan then it doesn't really help us that much.

What the hell are you dribbling on about?

When we are in the same position as "every club that we loan players to" then come back to me and I might have some clue as to what point it is that you are actually trying to pursue.

geeesh!

Jesus H ...... Talk about making asumptions. Who is going to pay 5 million for a man utd reserve- who hasn't realy done much yet.

That maltese air must have something in it. :blink:

Sunderland probably would

If he works out like a right sided version of Warnock I will be very pleased.

We need decent premiership players, they don't have to be good enough to get into the top four first teams.

As far as I'm concerned any lad who's come through the ranks at utd would be worth giving a try. He's bound to be good on the ball, and from what I've seen very quick....which is something we've not had down the right....maybe him and pennant together would be interesting.... :closedeyes:

Shrewd move I think. Spoken to a few Man Utd fans and they rate him.

He is quick and good when attacking as well. Has been a bit inconsistent when playing in their first team, but knows he needs to improve the defensive side of his game.

An improvement on what we have got anyway for minimal cost…..

if there is no option to buy, and united have no plans to sell this seems wrong. May as well find the long term answer now than do this, he does well we can't afford to keep or he gets recalled part way through the season. Definitely should never do loans where fees are'nt set in stone beforehand with a set in stone option to buy. Have we now stopped scouting right backs....seems ridiculous we should always look long term!

if there is no option to buy, and united have no plans to sell this seems wrong. May as well find the long term answer now than do this, he does well we can't afford to keep or he gets recalled part way through the season. Definitely should never do loans where fees are'nt set in stone beforehand with a set in stone option to buy. Have we now stopped scouting right backs....seems ridiculous we should always look long term!

Always find a problem... :angry:

Think this is a very good move by Incey whether there is an option to buy or not. Either way Simpson will provide some much needed cover at right back where Emerton is effective and hard working but not natural and Ooijer is just too slow. If he is simply a one season loan signing then it could be because Ince has been unable to secure a long term adequate signing. If there is an option to buy then the deal is self explanatory. Even if there is no option to buy though we would likely still be favourites to sign the lad should he be available next summer. Having spent a full season with us you would expect him to be settled and favour us if he is looking for a permanent move. Good signing in a position we have been wanting cover. Thanks Ince!

But if we want to sign him next season, without a prearranged transfer fee, it is likely that the fee would be higher than if we had agreed it in advance.

If we are not allowed to sign him, then MU have a more experienced Premiership player on their staff, without extra cost.

Archived