BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Simpson

I thought Simpson looked very nervous and unsure of himself against Grimsby and was trying too hard.

I thought he looked completely out of his depth against Arsenal and was now where near the players he was supposed to be marking most of the time.

Hence , I was very dissapointed to see him on the team sheet against Fulham. However he was very sound and had a much better game. He got his head on alot of what came his way which is always good for a defender. Towards the end he did one or two things that I thought were quite clever and found myself cheering him on.It was if he realised that he could perform at this level. Will look with interest at his next performance.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyhow, it looks like honest opinions are banned as well. Unless you can say everythings fantastic down Ewood way, you have to keep your mouth shut. [Not surprising that Rev thinks Simpson's better than Lucas though, is it?].

Nope, we do rather well with our right backs from Manchester United don't we? :lol:

C'mon Den, that's rather a childish response, who has ever said you're banned from giving your views? !!! Just as much a case of anyone on here is barred from giving a different view to den! ;)

But just to summarise, you think Andrews is a terrible player, Simpson is never a Premiership full back, Carlos is far too slow and lightweight for the Premiership and you're not impressed with swapping Friedel for Robinson.

Can we come back to those views at the end of the season?

:P

Nope, we do rather well with our right backs from Manchester United don't we? :lol:

C'mon Den, that's rather a childish response, who has ever said you're banned from giving your views? !!! Just as much a case of anyone on here is barred from giving a different view to den! ;)

But just to summarise, you think Andrews is a terrible player, Simpson is never a Premiership full back, Carlos is far too slow and lightweight for the Premiership and you're not impressed with swapping Friedel for Robinson.

Can we come back to those views at the end of the season?

:P

You can Rev. Let's get it right though.

Andrews isn't good enough for the Prem.

Simpson's a Championship quality full back.

Carlos - I didn't say he wasn't good enough, - I said that he played well against Grimsby and I asked people to recognise that he was very small and slow. [that's a point I'm already bagging, because he is].

Don't rate Robinson. He'll make more mistakes in a season than Brad used to do.

Now then, your opinions that I can come back to.

Andrews is a quality Prem player, Carlos is a top player and Robinson is an excellent 'keeper. That sound right? :D

C'mon Den, that's rather a childish response, who has ever said you're banned from giving your views? !!!

You're quick enough to complain, along with loads of others, when don't like being told something is wrong.

It isn't the point being made that's commented on, it's the fact of criticising the club or manager. God forbid anyone does that. :P

You can Rev. Let's get it right though.

Andrews isn't good enough for the Prem.

Simpson's a Championship quality full back.

Carlos - I didn't say he wasn't good enough, - I said that he played well against Grimsby and I asked people to recognise that he was very small and slow. [that's a point I'm already bagging, because he is].

1 and 2 we will see.

3...well you made it more out that he was TOO small and slow. Paul Scholes is small and slow, but if I asked you two describe him, you wouldn't choose to say that.

4. Well it isn't about if he makes more mistakes that Brad used to, it is if he makes more mistakes than Brad would have. Big difference. Will Robinson be as good as Friedel 2004-2006? Probably not, but maybe. Will he be as good as Friedel 2008+? Quite possibly. So far Robinson hasn't made a mistake that has cost us a goal, he's actually made a couple of big saves (couple against Fulham). Friedel on the other hand has already made mistakes that have cost Villa goals.

I can't believe how quickly players are being written off when they've barely played for us.

I think that Simpson has the attributes to be a decent right back for us and has shown signs of being able to do a good job for us.

My concern would be that we'd spend a season getting used to him being in the back four, then losing him back to Utd (regardless of whether or not he'd get into their starting team. I personally doubt it.) and having to start again next summer...

Ok lets monitor this then. So far only real mistake for Robbo is away at Everton. Brad made a mistake against West Brom. Both didnt effect the results so at the moment its 1-1 in non-important mistakes.

4. Well it isn't about if he makes more mistakes that Brad used to, it is if he makes more mistakes than Brad would have. Big difference. Will Robinson be as good as Friedel 2004-2006? Probably not, but maybe. Will he be as good as Friedel 2008+? Quite possibly. So far Robinson hasn't made a mistake that has cost us a goal, he's actually made a couple of big saves (couple against Fulham). Friedel on the other hand has already made mistakes that have cost Villa goals.

Too true about the comparison being between Brad now and robinson now. Although to be fair Robinson has been at fault for at least one goal (the first one against Everton).

I actually quite like all of Ines' signings, plus how he has brought Treacy through. Perhaps the back line is a bit more suspect but we do have a lot more attacking options.

3...well you made it more out that he was TOO small and slow. Paul Scholes is small and slow, but if I asked you two describe him, you wouldn't choose to say that.

No I didn't Edward. Don't go around making things up.

Ok lets monitor this then. So far only real mistake for Robbo is away at Everton. Brad made a mistake against West Brom. Both didnt effect the results so at the moment its 1-1 in non-important mistakes.

Monitor it if you like Hughesy. Again, read what I actually said. "Robinson will make more mistakes than Brad used to. Meaning Brad was a top 'keeper and Robinson isn't.

Too true about the comparison being between Brad now and robinson now. Although to be fair Robinson has been at fault for at least one goal (the first one against Everton).

I actually quite like all of Ines' signings, plus how he has brought Treacy through. Perhaps the back line is a bit more suspect but we do have a lot more attacking options.

For me, Treacy isn't any good at all. I know he's young but he doesnt appear to have a first touch, appears slow and nowhere near good enough. I hope I'm proved wrong!

Monitor it if you like Hughesy. Again, read what I actually said. "Robinson will make more mistakes than Brad used to. Meaning Brad was a top 'keeper and Robinson isn't.

There aren't many (ANY?) goalkeepers in the world who won't make more mistakes than Brad used to. Certainly not ones floating around for £4m this summer. Brad genuinely was one of the best five keepers on the planet at one point.

There aren't many (ANY?) goalkeepers in the world who won't make more mistakes than Brad used to. Certainly not ones floating around for £4m this summer. Brad genuinely was one of the best five keepers on the planet at one point.

But by the looks of things age and reflexes have caught up with him! He has not looked the same goalie since he went there and even some Villa fans have questioned his signing. Robinson will have more good games than Brad from now on.

I can't believe how quickly players are being written off when they've barely played for us.

I think that Simpson has the attributes to be a decent right back for us and has shown signs of being able to do a good job for us.

My concern would be that we'd spend a season getting used to him being in the back four, then losing him back to Utd (regardless of whether or not he'd get into their starting team. I personally doubt it.) and having to start again next summer...

I imagine if he continues to look Premiership quality up until January John Williams/Paul Ince will have a deal in place with Manchester United. He'd only get on their bench, so it'd be up to Simpson whether he wants to play football or simply pick up a pay cheque.

Which TOP keeper should we have replaced him with then?

Buffon?

Casillas?

I think Robinson is currently better than Brad and will show that over the next few seasons (before putting in a transfer request)

Thats like saying you don't rate Santa Cruz beacuse he doesn't score as many goals as Shearer used to!! :huh:

Is this a Simpson or Robinson thread? Ffs, Friedel aint here anymore, move on or go support Villa and then you can support him again. Robinson imo has been a good signing, 10 years younger than Brad, an England International. What more do you people want? Simpson though, looks like he is enjoying himself, and looking confident. I like the look of the team, with Olssen and Simpson as the full backs. The both young, and energetic.

Archived