BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Yes, they would be improvements but:

Pennant - doesn't want to leave Liverpool

Lennon - doesn't want to leave Spurs. Is he even available?

SWP - was always going to go to City once they were interested.

Joaquin - apparently very happy in Spain.

Just because they would improve our squad doesn't mean they would have joined us. We might well have tried for each of them at one point or another.

So I go back to my original point, why sell? Villa kept Barry when he apparently wanted to leave.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Puffed and puzzled.

Historic day.

Sadly Rovers had no part in it...unless we have all missed something.

Enough is enough for now.

Had to bite my tongue on some things over the past few months and I don't like that.

Taking a back seat for a wee while.

Have a good season.

I know you didn't like my criticism of some of your more recent postings but thanks very much for the input

over the last 12 months.

Puffed and puzzled.

Historic day.

Sadly Rovers had no part in it...unless we have all missed something.

Enough is enough for now.

Had to bite my tongue on some things over the past few months and I don't like that.

Taking a back seat for a wee while.

Have a good season.

Cheers for all the info!

...are you going to go sit on a holiday deals website as your holiday from BRFCS? :lol:

Alan, thank you for the tips and updates all summer. It has been very insightful. Hope you stick around through the winter months and then back up and running for the January window.

Once again, kudos and thanks!

Bom

at least they signed someone. Lets not try and put any positive twist on this transfer window. Its been a disgrace. We'll struggle till january now, and knowing blackburn, we'll waste the whole of that window away as well.

Id rather we payed over the odds and filled a position that will be increadibly weak now.

What's the point in signing someone for the sake of it? You don't know what went on and i am sure Mr Williams and Ince would have wanted to strengthen the squad if they could, or perhaps they couldn't be arsed(is that what you think?). Paying over the odds is something Rovers cannot afford, unlike some other less well run clubs. Hopefully we will continue to punch above our weight with some of the youngsters coming through.

PLEASE can someone take this to the fans forum??? Thanks

They won't tell us anything like that at the Forum I wouldn't have thought, too "football related."

If anyone wanted to arrange a private sitting with John Williams he might or might not be more forthcoming.

How long before Ince looks to the free transfer market for a temporary right winger?

Alexei Smertin's been released from Fulham... :s

I'm left feeling ###### off after tonight. Blatently obvious a right winger was needed, the club said this and yet the gap is still there. 2 transfer windows in a row we've been let down with essential signings not coming in. There's not too much to add because it's been mentioned lots in this thread already tonight but despite having what should have been our largest transfer budget in years we've gone and weakened our starting XI.

I felt this morning with the Evening Telegraph leading with the story of not panic buying we were going to be let down and that has been the case...

Nice one Rovers, we have just gone backwards since the full time wistle went at St Andrews, So many teams have overtaken us, i really hope people ask some serious questions at the fans forum, Where did all the money go, i'm so so so gutted,

It may be a minus us not replacing Bentley but for crying out loud. Our defnce needs sorting out. Scoring goals is not a problem for us so far this season. We have conceded too many goals!!

9 goals we have scored in 4 games. We have conceded 8 in 4 games. Which is simply not good enough. If we want to go forward we need to sort out the defence!

1. Barry is more of a professional and they know he will continue to work hard if his move didn't go through

2. Aston Villa have a billionaire owner and don't need the cash.

Well we apparently didn't need to sell anyone this Summer. Even if we did why not hold on until a replacement is signed sealed and delivered as Spurs have done with Pavlyuchenko before Berbatov's exit?

Nice one Rovers, we have just gone backwards since the full time wistle went at St Andrews, So many teams have overtaken us, i really hope people ask some serious questions at the fans forum, Where did all the money go, i'm so so so gutted,

No teams have overtaken us, and nobody can say any different until the full time whistle goes at Ewood Park v WBA on May 24th 2009.

You're just another one of the "must have big names" brigade. Thank FFFFUUUU******* the window is now closed and normal Rovers fans can get on with supporting the players who are wearing the shirt, and enjoying the great football on the pitch.

The everton match was by far and away the most entertaining and enjoyable performance i've seen for years and years. And we played great football(just a shame about the keeper). Did'nt see wham game but apparrently we did'nt get the rub, i just don't see any reason to get depressed and depress everyone else with needless drivel. So ridiculously happy the waste of space freeloader pennant did'nt find a gravy train here.

at least they signed someone. Lets not try and put any positive twist on this transfer window. Its been a disgrace. We'll struggle till january now, and knowing blackburn, we'll waste the whole of that window away as well.

Id rather we payed over the odds and filled a position that will be increadibly weak now.

We can't afford to pay over the odds. The reason we are where we are right now is because we absolutely cannot afford pay over the odds for mediocre players. Don't get me wrong, we needed a right sided player, but the right one obviously aint available for the right money at this moment in time.

People get far too excited on deadline day. Sky put a countdown clock in the corner and people think if your team dosn't sign anybody before the clock reaches zero you are absolutely GOING DOWN AT THE END OF THE SEASON! Christ, pull yourself together.

graft graft and more hard graft surely equals more points. so what we havent got a great right mid we aint the greatest in any position dont necasarily mean were gonna have a crap season. we have to be realistic it would of been nice to have a top draw winger but we cant always get what we want. its high time we got behind our beloved and give the team everthing we got. cause if we dont what chance have we got?

Archived