BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Say that to the brewery worker.

Jim you old goon the brewery in question closed years ago - you should remember, because you took so much pleasure out of posting on the MB how I was soon to be redundant. Every single day.

It's almost as funny as "four bogs" and all your other joyous quips. However none of them are true (I'm still with the same employer), so you should maybe consider putting a sock in it??

You seem so sensitive when people put YOU in the spotlight, but so keen to goad .... ....

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would it be fair to say Uncle Jack would not be impressed by the conduct of the trustees??

Agreed.

I can't think of any other club where the supporters would have put up with the lack of financial support for the manager(s) with barely a murmur of dissent.

I now feel the Trustees are stretching the good will generated from the association with Uncle Jack to the absolute limit.

It seems the players who have been mentioned for our 'problem' areas are either not right, overpriced, demanded to much in wages, or simply didn't want to play for us.

If a deal could have been done which was right for the club and within our budget, I'm sure it would have been done.

Ince and the Board have their necks on the line, but I'm sure if the correct deal could have been done it would have been. It's their jobs on the line, not ours!

We have a good team. We can't throw money around like some clubs, we have to operate with what we have available.

That second tier we are in is becoming thinner. I don't know if we can stay in it - we simply have not got the resources to compete at the same level as before. Man City are now part of a 'big 5'. How long this spending can go on is unclear. But we need to hang on in there again like we have done since Jack died.

Hopefully we can stick in there until the whole thing comes tumbling down. Then we may have a chance.

Either that or our own billionaire take over!

Also, thanks to Mr Nixon for his insight. Hope to see you on here again soon!

It seems the players who have been mentioned for our 'problem' areas are either not right, overpriced, demanded to much in wages, or simply didn't want to play for us.

If a deal could have been done which was right for the club and within our budget, I'm sure it would have been done.

Ince and the Board have their necks on the line, but I'm sure if the correct deal could have been done it would have been. It's their jobs on the line, not ours!

Agreed on most of what you say I just feel we lack pace and to not inject even a loan signing by now in the right wing area or Central Defence isnt right is all.

Try to win more than we lose and play entertaining football is the future i want, and don't go bust trying to satisfy fans who want big names on huge wages.

It's hand in hand BRFC1995 -without the big names, you don't get the entertaining football. Unless your youth development is like Arsenal or the Ajax of the 80's and 90's.........

We had the money available to have bid for 2 0r 3 of

Farfan

Aimar

Dos Santos

Olic

Joaquin

Kompay

Jesus - VanderVart only cost Madrid £7 million.

Two of the above + a couple of loans and Ince's mate Andrews and we would be a completely different proposition.

Maybe most of the above would not have come to Blackburn, but we'll never know

Puffed and puzzled.

Historic day.

Sadly Rovers had no part in it...unless we have all missed something.

Enough is enough for now.

Had to bite my tongue on some things over the past few months and I don't like that.

Taking a back seat for a wee while.

Have a good season.

Have a great time in Benidorm Nicko..... and rem to give my love to Sticky Vicky. B)

Puffed and puzzled.

Historic day.

Sadly Rovers had no part in it...unless we have all missed something.

Enough is enough for now.

Had to bite my tongue on some things over the past few months and I don't like that.

Taking a back seat for a wee while.

Have a good season.

Thanks for the updates - take a well earned breather.....and return with better news in January!

It had been reported here in Oz that Rovers were closing in on another Socceroo ... attacking midfielder Brett Holman of Dutch side AZ Alkmaar. Anyone know what happened to that deal?

Yep, they wanted Oojer as part of the deal, but Rovers weren't prepared to let him go.

Well at least the tennis didn't let me down God I can't imagine how annoying the city scrotes are going to be this morning.

Oh don't worry Blue, they are already taking it to a new level, it's sickening, I've only been in work 20 mins and I've had enough of them already!

Archived