BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince Grella Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's through the first 45. Will be interesting to see if Pim now plays for the draw or adds some strikers for the win. Grella might be benched in place of strike power.

We were always playing to not lose here. A win would be a bonus though.

Must be full time by now, did he come through unscathed for those that watched it?

yep. He played the full 90 and looked fine. That said our back 4 copped a battering, so maybe we were a few paces behind in the middle.?

he will no doubt be having a rest at the weekend agains coventry in the cup, especially if he has played the full 90mins, glad he has got another 90mins under his belt and come through it without any problems. Key player for us now till the end of the season.

• 1 month later...

Makes me wonder how many on the board twitched when he said he wanted to spend 4 mill on grella, for a club like rovers to justify giving 4 mill to a newly signed unproven manager to spend on an ageing injury prone player, bad bit of business tbh.

Every penny counts at rovers and i hoped that money of that amount would be spent on a good prospect for the future, now it seems were stuck with another championship player on a high wage who is injured way to often, nightmare stuff really.

I like him, he is a decent player, agressive with a decent touch and simple passing. I think he could justify 4m - which is not a lot in todays market - if he wasn't injured all the time and he wasn't 30 years old. Sadly he is both! Which makes him a pretty awful aquisition.

And he really does struggle with runners through the centre of midfield.

Archived