BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince Grella Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard that Sam has plenty of middle men on the go - could be wrong of course.

Sam won't be doing any interviews with you then

Midfielder workhorses are ten-a-penny, we could've snaped one up for much less and also have a player who is a available for more than a 1/3 of the season

Yep...could have gone for a player from the lower leagues....oops sorry forgot not allowed to do that either!

Come the summer big Sam needs to bring in a minimum of TWO Quality central midfielders before John Williams even begins to think about publishing next season ticket prices.

Ince failed miserably in the summer on what should have been his strongest position central midfield.

• 2 weeks later...
I see all bets were returned - he didnt make the bench :rolleyes:

I dont think I can ever recall such a sicknote signing at Ewood

Trained all week, then felt his groin again yesterday. Total, expensive write off. He'll never do anything at our club.

Pathetic excuse for a footballer, gets close to match day in a must win game and his bottle goes. He's neither the heart nor the talent at this level and unfortunately he's worth nowt on the transfer market.

A truly hideous decision by Ince.

• 3 weeks later...
Pathetic excuse for a footballer, gets close to match day in a must win game and his bottle goes. He's neither the heart nor the talent at this level and unfortunately he's worth nowt on the transfer market.

A truly hideous decision by Ince.

What utter crap you talk.

This is his first real season where he has missed so many games, which is unfortunate for us. At least he realises he has a debt to pay:

My Debt To Rovers

Nate, as much as I would like it, Grella isn't a prem player. To be honest, he's a bit of a plodder, relying on the players around him to make him look better.

If he can't stay fit, why have him?

If that was the case with all our players, we wouldn't have a team - that goes for lack of skill or injuries. Why Reid is still here, I have no clue. It's his first season, caught a bad break injury wise etc. A fully fit Grella is an asset to Rovers, especially if we go down.

His name says it all. He can't possibly be a decent footballer with a name like that.... :closedeyes:

Nate, the aussie league is like conference here....different gravy.

I know that SM, just brought back memories when the game here was real dire, in all aspects.

Sparky, I wouldn't put him as bad as that as he has played in Serie A. I'd put the A league as lower Championship, upper div1.

It's my opinion we got the wrong one, I would rather we had got Bresciano. He's at least a "go forward" midfielder that pops up and score occasionally.

I'm not doubting his willingness, just his ability at this level.

We spent £5m on two midfielders (Grella & Andrews) that we really didn't need. We weren't crying out for a holding midfield player, aaand....well I'm not really sure what you'd class Andrews as. :unsure: We needed an attacking midfielder, or a box-to-box player. Heck, we could have spent the Andrews money on Anthony Annan, who plays as a holding midfielder (and would be a safer investment) and put the Grella money to better use.

What utter crap you talk.

This is his first real season where he has missed so many games, which is unfortunate for us. At least he realises he has a debt to pay:

My Debt To Rovers

Utter crap?

I only mentioned his heart, bottle and talent ALL of which he has shown very little of in his short stay with us.

I don't think you can argue with my assumption that he's worth nowt (comparable to what we paid) in the current market either...so Nate, apart from your opinion, what is utter crap about my original post?

Utter crap?

I only mentioned his heart, bottle and talent ALL of which he has shown very little of in his short stay with us.

I don't think you can argue with my assumption that he's worth nowt (comparable to what we paid) in the current market either...so Nate, apart from your opinion, what is utter crap about my original post?

OK I see your point - I break something, hobble around with a Zimmer frame and am gutless because I can't do the marathon. Perfect logic. What part of INJURED don't you understand. All the talent and heart in the world isn't going to help if you're broken is it. You might find that if you were the manager YOU wouldn't even give him the choice of playing because you would know a) he'd contribute nothing limping around and B) he'd be making the injury worse. Ince was a crap manager for us but he was a brilliant midfielder, even world class. If he thinks Grella is a midfield player then so do I. Emerton thought he was a good signing and he saw more of him than most. Lastly, if he was crap and you put him on the market at 4 million you'd be a laughing stock, yet he was on the market for that price and we bought him. The correct price is what the market will pay hence he's worth 4 million. Now finish the rest of that bottle and go to bed.

Archived