BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince Grella Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hasn't been named in the preliminary squad for Australia's world cup qualifier against Uzbekistan in 2 weeks.

Grella is still recovering from a groin injury and won't take his place in the side either.

Just how injured is he? :huh:

Just how injured is he?

This is what gets me. He picks up these injuries so often but seems to rush back to quickly. He gives himself no time to recover.

I honestly cannot say my opinion of him is fully formed yet. Simply because i've not seen enough of him. Has he even managed 3 games on the trot yet? When i have seen him i've been hugely disappointed. He cannot track his man, he isn't strong in the tackle and his positional sense is shocking. The only good things i've seen is he has picked out a pass or two of note. Our entire side lacks mobility and pace and he just compounds that even further. Although i'll not completey write him off yet, the signs thus far have not been good.

Did not realise he is 30 this year, thought he was a few years younger. Agree with the above that we have not seen enough of him to make an accurate judgement. He has shown at times that he can play a decent through ball.

However, due to never being available, I think he has been a pretty poor signing. Hopefully he can stay fit next season and shows his true potential (whatever that might be!).

How would people rank him so far - as bad a signing as Dvaies & Grabbi in terms of value??

we had money to throw around with those 2 mugs at the time, given we now have no money 4m seems a greater outlay now than 7m was for those jokers. a truly abysmal signing thus far, i expect a better player to be signed for less money and regardless of his staying fit don't see him close to the starting 11 next season and don't imagine his wages appeal to any other club...........white winstone bogarde anyone. expensive mistake, find 4m for him unreal given how frugal and wise we'd been in recent years.

how do tranfer negotiations go.......hello, torino this is rovers how much for the slow aussie...........torino, 4m.........rovers, righto,

should'nt someone our end be saying...well santa cost 3.5 and benni 2.5, warnock 1.5......we should get a cash converters manager in for negotiations and the negotiation would go.... tell us what u want halve it then divide by 2, and 1m starts to look about what we should have payed.

we had money to throw around with those 2 mugs at the time, given we now have no money 4m seems a greater outlay now than 7m was for those jokers. a truly abysmal signing thus far, i expect a better player to be signed for less money and regardless of his staying fit don't see him close to the starting 11 next season and don't imagine his wages appeal to any other club...........white winstone bogarde anyone. expensive mistake, find 4m for him unreal given how frugal and wise we'd been in recent years.

how do transfer negotiations go.......hello, torino this is rovers how much for the slow Aussie...........torino, 4m.........rovers, righto,

shouldn't someone our end be saying...well Santa cost 3.5 and Benni 2.5, Warnock 1.5......we should get a cash converters manager in for negotiations and the negotiation would go.... tell us what u want halve it then divide by 2, and 1m starts to look about what we should have payed.

Excellent stuff-with some good ideas too.

Just think if Hughes had been given the £4 million that was spent on grella where we'd be...

I suppose it was good of Ince to realise that we had a hole in the centre of our midfield. It would be too much of a tall order to expect him to correctly identify a problem AND correctly solve it as well.

He must rank as one of the most disappointing signings ever - on paper just what we need - but a crock so unable to fulfil this role.

He's actually missed 20 of our 29 league games to date.

Good lord thats shocking for a new signing, i knew it was bad but thats like getting 3 gherkins in a burger, i worried when i heard rumours about him coming, i mean a def midfield workhorse in the italian league, not exactly overpaced football more a creative time on the ball game.

Would be willing to give him time to see if he could adapt but at the age of 30 and seeing him get skinned by kevin davies only confirms panic buy, the board should never have allowed it.

Archived