BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vince Grella Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely the final decision is down to the medical staff as to whether a player is fit enough to play.

If Ince then goes against that advice it's a different matter but I can't see that happening too often in practice.

Well to be precise, the medical staff will report to the manager what they think about the injury. At the end of the day though Rev, the manager will decide whether to play him or not. [sorry].

Well to be precise, the medical staff will report to the manager what they think about the injury. At the end of the day though Rev, the manager will decide whether to play him or not. [sorry].

Exactly what I said den. The medical staff will come back to PI and say "We think he's OK to play" or "We dont think he's O.K. to play."

If they say "He's O.K. to play" surely PI is entitled to rely on that opinion. If they say "He isn't" I very much doubt PI would go against that, it opens up all sorts of legal implications.

In the first place, whether or not our sudden rush of injuries is connected with a change in training methods/regime, there might be something in that.

bad news about vinnie's setback, dunn is back in a couple of weeks and those two look like they could be our first choice central midfielders. In the mean time I'd stick with Andrews and warnock, although I know that Andrews is the devil incarnate for some people! I think he's looking promising.

seeing as Vogel must've ran off with Ince's missus.

Or rather:

Ince: You lads wanna prove yourselves, you know, and be a Guv'nor playing for Inter Milan, you know, you gotta, you know play good football tonight.

Vogel: But boss, I played for Milan, who are actually more successful than Inter.

Ince: .....GTFO!!

On Radio Lancs tonight, in the interview with Ince, he was asked if had come back too soon. Ince replied on the lines that "we had wanted him to come back" which was somewhat uncommittal but wasn't a rebuttal of the idea he had been rushed back.

On Radio Lancs tonight, in the interview with Ince, he was asked if had come back too soon. Ince replied on the lines that "we had wanted him to come back" which was somewhat uncommittal but wasn't a rebuttal of the idea he had been rushed back.

I still think it boils down to the medical staff.

The only real role the manager should have is if the medics say they think he's OK, but the manager decides to give him further time off anyway.

However if the medics say he's OK, the manager should be able to rely on that unreservedly. "He's OK" shouldn't mean "He's ok to start the game but might well break down again"

I still think it boils down to the medical staff.

The only real role the manager should have is if the medics say they think he's OK, but the manager decides to give him further time off anyway.

However if the medics say he's OK, the manager should be able to rely on that unreservedly. "He's OK" shouldn't mean "He's ok to start the game but might well break down again"

The medics can't really say "it's OK" though Rev, because with an injury like a hamstring that's apparently been playing up for quite a while, they couldn't possibly be sure.

There must have been an element of risk there.

The medics can't really say "it's OK" though Rev, because with an injury like a hamstring that's apparently been playing up for quite a while, they couldn't possibly be sure.

Yup. i agreee with you Den. If it was an isolated incident I could say it was a mistake but several times with different players is not great. I would say in Ince's desire to get decent results he has rushed them back if he could.

However this should teach him a lesson and I don't think we will see it again. I think all the players will be treated with cotton wool now.

Well I don't agree, but it's another stick to beat Ince with I guess.

What is Ince meant to do if the medical staff say "As far as we can make out he's ok"

:huh:

What is Ince meant to do if the medical staff say "As far as we can make out he's ok"

We can only go on the record. Under Hughes we only really had recurring injury problems with Reid, Dunn and Nelsen in four years. This time round we have had Robinson, Roque, Grella, Dunn and Reid in the space of two months or so. All of them have been hit directly after being reintroduced to the team after a previous injury.

I sympathise with Ince - he can't afford to wait on players the way results are going - but he will have had the option to pick them or not. Gella clearly looked lackin in fitness on Saturday. It was obvious.

Where are we going with this midfield? Most likely for me at the moment is 451 with:

C'mon jbn it's obvious to all that Carlos is NOT a winger and his lack of pace will ensure that he never can be. Far stronger option if the axe is to be utilised to protect the defence is to drop Andrews from your line up, play Carlos forward centre-mid with warnock and with Emerton right midfield.

btw I think the decision to play Grella was fair enough. I see no blame in anyone for his break down cos who on earth could have foreseen those conditions?

We can only go on the record. Under Hughes we only really had recurring injury problems with Reid, Dunn and Nelsen in four years. This time round we have had Robinson, Roque, Grella, Dunn and Reid in the space of two months or so. All of them have been hit directly after being reintroduced to the team after a previous injury.

I sympathise with Ince - he can't afford to wait on players the way results are going - but he will have had the option to pick them or not. Gella clearly looked lackin in fitness on Saturday. It was obvious.

Dunn only had a niggly injury under Hughes. Don't think he was out for very long at all.

Why not, rather than worry whether people's comments are going to criticise Ince or not, just read what's being said and comment?

I had no intention of blaming Ince at all, except to say that he had the decision to make. I said early enough that in all probability Grella insisted that he was fit enough.

Den when will you ever learn young man !

You are too old to have an opinion and you are not worthy of delivering any sort of criticism about anything to do with Rovers !

If I were you I would take up the style of Jimbo and get yourself ready for an old folks home :P

bazz get his coat ;)

Den when will you ever learn young man !

You are too old to have an opinion and you are not worthy of delivering any sort of criticism about anything to do with Rovers !

If I were you I would take up the style of Jimbo and get yourself ready for an old folks home :P

bazz get his coat ;)

I think you're right 1864.

I should take a break.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this lad could be a decent player for us but i read something worrying on his Wiki page which makes me think he is going to be a TOTAL waste of money (£5m or €5m):

"The move to Torino was a free transfer due to the expiry of his contract with Parma.[9] During his one season in Turin, he was a regular member of the side, although his season was interrupted by injury on several occasions"

He is too injury prone.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived