BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup Qualifiers 2010

philipl

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He started off well, possibly the best Ive seen him play, but his usual style was on display as the game wore on.

He was giving the ball away at will and the French pressured him so quickly into mistakes. Little did they know that no pressure was necessary.

He was playing really well, France scored, most of the team went dead, including him. Correct me if i am wrong but did Kevin Doyle get man of the match? Different games sometimes. I thought he was poor.

Well done Nelsen and New Zealand, proud moment for him if he can be the first person to captain his country in a World Cup

Agree re the proud moment. But he will not be the first NZ captain at a World Cup finals. That distinction belongs to Preston-born Steve Sumner (1982).

I never saw the Republic of Ireland game last night but according to the Sunday Express - "Andrews was a league 2 player 18 months ago but he was terrific last night, snapping into challenges and working relentlessly."

Andrews had a pretty good game in my opinion. France totally bossed the second half, but certainly in the first half he did a few good things. As the pressure grew he gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times and he should have cleared instead of holding onto the ball when Henry got his shot off in the first half, but he did quite well. He had two shots on goal that I can remember, tried to bend on into the corner in the first half and wasn't that far away and struck a long volley in the second half which was well hit but straight at the keeper. I'd probably give him a 7 for the match and I wouldn't have given any of the Ireland team more than that.

He was up against a very talented central midfield and he pretty much held his own. It shows that in a side where there's a bit of pace around him he can be pretty effective. I still believe that our lack of pace is our main problem and it gives our central midfielders fewer options.

Thanks= I knew there had to be someone who had the honour.

Crazy things in Africa already with Nigeria qualifying after twice looking to be down and out. My Tunisian friends will be gutted but Mozambique having the incentive of an ACN place was always going to make that tricky and they had given Nigeria a tough time in Maputo as well.

Not World Cup but Aaron Ramsey is destroying Scotland all on his own- Wales 3 up after 30 minutes.

Always preferred it when the Cameroon and Nigeria are in the World Cup, 2006 just wasnt the same with the likes of Angola and Togo.

Hopefully the African contingent will put in some good shows next year.

• Backroom

Except Given was nowhere near the ball and actually caught Anelka's leg

Yes get in,I want the big teams at the World cup its not the same without them

• Backroom

I'd say it's justice to be fair they should have had a penalty moments before

This one is far from over though I can see Ireland nicking it at the end

Andrews with a couple of great tackles in extra time

I'd say it's justice to be fair they should have had a penalty moments before

Never a penalty, in a million years, if we'd had that against us conspiracy theories galore would be out. Anelka left his leg in, and then threw himself theatrically to the floor.

Ireland deserve to have won this, and Mr Andrews has had a very good game again.

Archived