BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup Qualifiers 2010

philipl

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Five or six knocks in training may not look to suspicious. ;)

:lol: all our top players will be playing in the champions league till the semi's at least,giving them a rest in these dead rubbers will help keep them fresh,and placate the managers :o

:lol: all our top players will be playing in the champions league till the semi's at least,giving them a rest in these dead rubbers will help keep them fresh,and placate the managers :o

Gosh, West Ham, Spurs, City, Villa and LA Galaxy fans will be delighted to hear that waggy.

:o i think robbo is decent,but no were near england class :huh:

Strange seeing as he has 41 caps :rolleyes:

That's quite a high number to obtain if you are nowhere near England class.

He is a decent keeper, who pulls off some very good saves, has good distribution and is liable to let in the occasional soft goal.

Sounds like David James, Rob Green, Ben Foster and every other potential England keeper.

We could do a lot worse than have Paul Robinson.

Strange seeing as he has 41 caps :rolleyes:

That's quite a high number to obtain if you are nowhere near England class.

He is a decent keeper, who pulls off some very good saves, has good distribution and is liable to let in the occasional soft goal.

Sounds like David James, Rob Green, Ben Foster and every other potential England keeper.

We could do a lot worse than have Paul Robinson.

He's only hatin' on Robbo 'cos Ince signed him... *cough* :rolleyes:

I can't imagine England putting out anything except a full team in the remaining games. Capello's too professional and won't results potentially affect whether or not we're top seeds for the group draw?

He's already said he'll probably look at giving one or two players a chance.

I doubt we'll see major changes, but I think he'll look at some players in positions where we have competition. The likes of Barry, Lampard, Ashley Cole etc. will play, but I'd expect Milner, Defoe, Carlton Cole and possibly a few others to feature heavily in the remaining games. The situation regarding number of bookings will also play a part; I know Terry is one away from a suspension, not sure about the rest.

Unfortunately I think it's too late for Roboo to make a claim to be first choice. I think Foster will be the one that gets a chance if he decides to try a different goalkeeper. Hopefully I wrong though, I think he's the safest bet after James.

So who do you rate as better for England? Calamity James?

As for Ukraine - Croats - Its tough, thats the luxury we have......

:huh: i think james is the number one at the moment,he does make mistakes but not as many these days,robbo is a good keeper but after the friedal years you expect so much from your keeper :o

• 3 weeks later...

England's World Cup qualifier against Ukraine on Saturday will not be on any UK TV station.

Instead it will only be available at the website UkrainevEngland.com, at a minumum subscription of #4.99, and with the number of subscribers limited to 1 million to prevent the live stream falling over.

There is currently a poll on the BBC website - "Will you pay to watch the game" - 8,000 votes just now, 97% NO!

Edit - why is the default colour on this thread semi-invisible? blink.gif

UkrainevEnlgand.com link

BBC story

England's World Cup qualifier against Ukraine on Saturday will not be on any UK TV station.

Instead it will only be available at the website UkrainevEngland.com, at a minumum subscription of #4.99, and with the number of subscribers limited to 1 million to prevent the live stream falling over.

Streaming doesn't seem reliable or good enough quality wise to risk forking out a fiver for a live match.

Streaming doesn't seem reliable or good enough quality wise to risk forking out a fiver for a live match.

You will be streaming it from their website though, not on a peer-to-peer basis like illegal ones...the two will bear absolutely no comparison.

Still it's absolutely ridiculous that this will prevent most pubs from showing it. Will some of them be able to hook up a laptop to the projector and show the game that way?

You will be streaming it from their website though, not on a peer-to-peer basis like illegal ones...the two will bear absolutely no comparison.

Still it's absolutely ridiculous that this will prevent most pubs from showing it. Will some of them be able to hook up a laptop to the projector and show the game that way?

I got banned for a week for talking about the Croatia v England game that I was watching 100% legally!

So the moral is, if in doubt, shut it.

Archived