BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup Qualifiers 2010

philipl

Could probably make a bit of money by buying a load of S-Video cables and going round pubs offering offering to set that up for them for £30 or something...I imagine most don't know how easy it is! Just throw in some IT jargon and make it sound complicated, they'll probably think they've got a bargain.

I was more wondering whether it's like when I asked though, I wondered if the license for streaming would allow it to be broadcast in a pub.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Ireland fan, I totally agree with Shay Given. How Fifa can change the rules in the middle of a qualifying campaign is beyond me. It's so obvious that the reason they are doing it is so that the likes of Portugal, France and Germany all have the best chance of qualifying. You look at the Bosnian team who have had a fantastic campaign to date and will probably end up behind the best team in the world in their group, Spain. They've never made it to a World Cup and something like this would be great for such a poor country. Yet the chances of them making the finals have been made a lot harder, because Fifa want to make sure that the countries who will add more money to the event are there, even though they have had poor campaigns, considering their resources and the players at their disposal. I really hope that the likes of Bosnia and Ireland beat whoever they're drawn against just to throw this ridiculous decision back in Fifa's face.

England players cruised this game.

Very few emerge with any creit and I think its to do with ensuring Croatia dint make the finals.

Rio your not world class, your a first class hazard of a defender.

Didnt pay for my stream which was excellent all the way through. Some arabs are good for something eh ?

Yeah first keeper to be sent off for England.

List of all England players sent off

* Alan Mullery, 5 June 1968 vs. Yugoslavia in Florence, 1968 European Championship [58]

* Alan Ball, 6 June 1973 vs. Poland in Chorzow, 1974 World Cup qualifier

* Trevor Cherry, 12 June 1977 vs. Argentina in Buenos Aires, friendly [59]

* Ray Wilkins, 6 June 1986 vs Morocco in Monterrey, 1986 World Cup [60]

* David Beckham, 30 June 1998 vs. Argentina in Saint-Etienne, 1998 World Cup

* Paul Ince, 5 September 1998 vs. Sweden in Stockholm, 2000 European Championship qualifier [61]

* Paul Scholes, 5 June 1999 vs. Sweden in London, 2000 European Championship qualifier [62]

* David Batty, 8 September 1999 vs. Poland in Warsaw, 2000 European Championship qualifier [63]

* Alan Smith, 16 October 2002 vs. Macedonia in Southampton, 2004 European Championship qualifier

* David Beckham, 8 October 2005 vs. Austria in Manchester, 2006 World Cup qualifier [64]

* Wayne Rooney, 1 July 2006 vs. Portugal in Gelsenkirchen, 2006 World Cup

* Robert Green, 10 October 2009 vs. Ukraine in Dnipropetrovsk, 2010 World Cup qualifier

Btw, anyone any idea what would happen if England fans had reigned down flares like the Ukraines did in the first half...

I imagine their behaviour will be washed over because 'that's what happens in these countries'. Apparently they'll just get a set amount fine for each flare thrown.

Should be closed doors matches after that. As a minimum.

Despite Croatia (and Kalinic) looking odds on to miss out, there could be a lot of Rovers interest at this summer's World Cup.

Robo, Jacobsen, Nelsen, Diouf, Grella, Emerton and Van Heerden look certain to be in squads going there.

Benni will be if he performs, kisses and makes up.

Reid and Andrews if the RoI get through the play-off in which they will be unseeded; big ask.

If France make it and Givet, Chimbonda and Nzonzi shine this season, Dominech will probably still ignore them...

Despite Croatia (and Kalinic) looking odds on to miss out, there could be a lot of Rovers interest at this summer's World Cup.

Robo, Jacobsen, Nelsen, Diouf, Grella, Emerton and Van Heerden look certain to be in squads going there.

Benni will be if he performs, kisses and makes up.

Reid and Andrews if the RoI get through the play-off in which they will be unseeded; big ask.

If France make it and Givet, Chimbonda and Nzonzi shine this season, Dominech will probably still ignore them...

Nelsen isn't certain to be going there, NZ drew the away leg but it's far from a sure thing as it was 0-0. Bahrain scoring in the second leg will make it tough.

Effing Argies are still in the race. I had hoped they would be knocked out but the nobs have appeared to sneak in at the last minute. And I also hate the media whinging that Portugal and Argentina may not qualify and thus Ronaldo and Messi may not have played. All the constant harping about how they deserve to play in a world cup is crap, and smacks of the whole odious, image driven nonsense that is destroying football. Their countries may not get in, so what? Do you want to rig the world cup so teams with fancy dan players have automatic qualification?

Anyone know if there is any possibility of North and South Korea being drawn in the same group? They've both qualified, and IIRC, there have been two Asian teams in the same group in the past (was it Iran and China? other instances???).

EDIT

Actually, don't worry about it. I did a bit of googling, and the Finals draw system hasn't been decided yet. I'll just have to be patient.

Shaddy - Don't know if you already know this but they have already played each other a number of times in qualifying (they were in the same group_, so I don't think it is a big deal if they meet. Well it will be a big deal, but not a new deal.

In other news Heskey is thinking about moving - Big man considers his future

Sort of player who Sam would like. Maybe affordable (a 2m transfer fee is a possibility) although his wages would presumably be pretty massive. Also with Roberts and McCarthy on the books it would create the wrong age profile.

However if we could shift one of Roberts or McCarthy and bring Heskey in that would strike me as a pretty good deal. Actually if it was McCarthy who went (Ajax were interested?) then we could probably get heskey for around the same wages and transfer....

I wonder if Martin would just swap Benni for heskey??? I know they don't happen often but they do happen.

Are you on something mate? If any swap should happen, its Roberts. Dont want Heskey, as he will just slow the team down alot more. Do we need a target man that badly, when Kalinic could fill that role? Even Benni can hold up a ball, but we really need a goal scoring striker, who will take a chance and put it in the back of the net!

Huge blow to the USA today, Charlie Davies in a car crash that killed one person, but left him with a broken leg and elbow, ruptured bladder or spleen (depending on reports) and potentially also fractured bones in his face.

As if our attack weren't already our weakness, losing Charlie who havd been performing very well of late fro at least 6 months, likely much longer, really disrupts the attackign dynamic the USA had started to generate.

Archived