BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup Qualifiers 2010

philipl

I'm confident about tonight, think we'll win and secure qualification.

Belarus have drew with Ukraine (There goes one bet out of the window) so all we need is a draw, let's not throw this away boys.

Hoping for a convincing win and Green to make a few blunders on the way, 5-2 would do it :) Robbo deserves a chance in my opinion, don't know why he hasn't at least been given a sub appearance in recent friendlies.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seem to recall a few people on here not wanting us to go for Lennon when Bentley went to Spurs.

I said at the time what a good signing he would be and he's showing that tonight.

Den, was it you who was completely against us going for him??

Seem to recall a few people on here not wanting us to go for Lennon when Bentley went to Spurs.

I said at the time what a good signing he would be and he's showing that tonight.

Still not a fan, headless chicken with no consistency when it comes to service. Fair play though it sounds like tonight he is having a decent enough game.

Time for the over reactions to start now

Sounds like it:

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Wembley: "Wembley is officially in party mood. Standing ovations all round for Steven Gerrard and Aaron Lennon as they go off - and of course the biggest of all for David Beckham as he comes on. Another outstanding victory in an outstanding qualifying campaign. The arch-plotter Fabio Capello will presumably start planning for South Africa tomorrow morning - if not even later tonight."

• Backroom

Don't get me wrong its great that we've got to the World Cup it makes next summer all the better but I just hate all the hype that tends to surround England in any tournament

I suppose I'm a lot more club based than country when it comes to football

Don't get me wrong its great that we've got to the World Cup it makes next summer all the better but I just hate all the hype that tends to surround England in any tournament

I suppose I'm a lot more club based than country when it comes to football

you miserable git!!! :o

just cos the doley woley is beckoning for us :P

Easy! Easy! Easy!

4-0 with 20 minutes left to play.

I hope this doesn't start the "We're gonna win the World Cup" whispers.

We've still got a lot to learn before we go but thank god we're going!

It's a perfectly fair shout. "We're gonna win the World Cup" is excessive for any side since no side goes into a World Cup with much more than a one in four chance of winning the thing. However we're up there with some of the leading contenders IMO.

Bloody good memory Ricky :lol:

I'd take anyone with a right foot to replace Bentley now Ricky.

More like an awful tackle than a good move for the penalty. Crap marking for Lennon's hopeful high cross into the area for Gerrard's header.

Apart from that, - overrated.

More like an awful tackle than a good move for the penalty. Crap marking for Lennon's hopeful high cross into the area for Gerrard's header.

Apart from that, - overrated.

We were taking bets on whether he meant to hit gerrard or rooney and heskey? Both of them seemed to get much closer when he had the ball, perhaps making the target bigger?

But he would look good in a Rovers shirt.

Not wanting to spoil the party but I dont think our group has been a particularly difficult one!! Qualification was pretty much assured. I just worry about us with the big boys like Holland, Brazil and Spain.

I think England look stronger than in previous competitions, but agree about the opposition - there was plenty to be desired about the 2nd half performance especially.

It will be interesting how this friendly against Brazil goes later in the year.

Ive gone and booked my holiday for the middle of the world cup next year. Blimmin idiot.

Archived