BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough Preview

chocky

playing 4-5-1 at home to a struggling team is baffling mate.

playing SMD at left wing is baffling mate.

To see a finisher like SMD stuck out left is unbelieveable, he is a finisher and a forward not a left winger and not a provider.

So, I would not be saying they are working that well at the moment.

:rover: so saint mark hughes never played that formation,i went to the match and at no point realised santa was up front by his self.btw the clowns who post during the match will you refraim from doing so as you have no imput at all,if you cannot be bothered going to ewood,support the team were you live :brfc:

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15k plus per week which is 15k perweek TOO MUCH.

Pay-as-you-play until Xmas but dont let facts get in the way of your silly agenda.

I haven't blamed it solely on performances if you read it properly. On the other hand, no-one could deny that the home performances could have put some people off attending.

It was hardly brilliant at "fortress" Ewood last season was it? Maybe that explains the drop in ST sales to an extent also?

Waggy

That formation on Satruday was not the way forward to taking 3 points, neither was it when Hughes was in charge.

My point is is that Rovers need to accrue some points before christmas and when you have a downbeat team like Boro coming to Ewood you need to pulversie them in the first 20 minutes.

Granted, RSC hit the post, but we still should have been behind at half time.

RSC was isolated, on the one or two occasions SMD joined him in the box we got a half chance, you have to agree that at no point did SMD ever produce a ball capable of offering a scoring chance from the left side, in the second half when he switched to the right he actually managed to cross the ball in the middle.

We now have a series of games which are hard, not to mention two hard away games, then Chelsea at home on the horizon. we could really find ourselves stuck on this points total until the end of November, and if we do we will find ourselves in a drop battle.

look at our team and compare them to Hull. We have far better players but still find ourselves some 8 points behind them, they ahre 5 wins from safety already whilst Rovers are a good 23 points away and that after 10 games.

we should have beaten Boro, we should have beaten Bolton, the formations sent out in both games have prevented us from taking thos epoints.

:rover: i agree playing matt derbyshire on the left wing is foolish,but ince must think he is better than treacy/mgp.pedersen has spat his dummy out and is on his way out off the club,2 seasons to late as we would have made good money on him them,treacy is being treated with kid gloves but making derbs play on the left wing is WRONG.i for one would have had carlos in the wide left position and derbs alongside rsc.but at no point would i say a draw at bolton is a poor result,playing roberts and fowler was the problem there,ince cannot be blamed for injuries :brfc:

:rover: i agree playing matt derbyshire on the left wing is foolish,but ince must think he is better than treacy/mgp.pedersen has spat his dummy out and is on his way out off the club,2 seasons to late as we would have made good money on him them,treacy is being treated with kid gloves but making derbs play on the left wing is WRONG.i for one would have had carlos in the wide left position and derbs alongside rsc.but at no point would i say a draw at bolton is a poor result,playing roberts and fowler was the problem there,ince cannot be blamed for injuries :brfc:

Carlos isnt a left winger either that would be like making him play with a straight jacket on, hes a free spirit who should be allowed to play anywhere preferable in support of and behind the central striker. Hes only going to be effective in this one luxury role question is, is the team strong enough to carry him in this role.

I thought that was the idea of a pay-as-you-play deal, but obviously you know something nobody else does.

Enlighten us.

Not another one.

only just got my pc back and not read all posts beforehand. Although we passed it around we just seem to lack something ,some sort of ooooooomph.It was boring and i know a few who left at half time and went to the pub for the 2nd half.we could have won we could have lost ,exactly like the week before.WE SHOULD HOWEVER BE WINNING GAMES LIKE THESE.WHY is derbs being played wide our best striker that can do a role out there is at plymouth.

Pedersen's had his chance and proven he's not Premiership quality. Treacy is simply awful at the moment - the talent is there (he's relatively quick and can put in a good cross), but the commitment isn't. He shirks every 50/50 and not once did he just knock it past Wheater (a centre half playing at right back) and do him for pace.

As for Villenueva, he's an attacking midfielder and nothing else I'm afraid, which is partly why he's not worth the £5m price tag - you have to accomodate him and a team like ours needs versatility. He doesn't have the pace to play on the wing and seems to drift out of the game when told to play there. He's very much a luxury player, though one I'd use until Christmas playing off Santa Cruz as we don't have any better options.

As for Derbyshire, he was quite clearly sulking about being put out on the left wing, Saturday, and hardly put any effort in. He gets put there by Ince because he has pace and can be dangerous cutting back inside on his stronger right foot. We really don't have any better options to put out there at the moment, though I'd imagine Ince took note of Derbyshire's attitude and might look elsewhere for the next game.

only just got my pc back and not read all posts beforehand. Although we passed it around we just seem to lack something ,some sort of ooooooomph.It was boring and i know a few who left at half time and went to the pub for the 2nd half.we could have won we could have lost ,exactly like the week before.WE SHOULD HOWEVER BE WINNING GAMES LIKE THESE.WHY is derbs being played wide our best striker that can do a role out there is at plymouth.

You're still harping on about Gallagher? Why? He's not Premiership quality, he's found his level in the Championship.

Pedersen's had his chance and proven he's not Premiership quality. Treacy is simply awful at the moment - the talent is there (he's relatively quick and can put in a good cross), but the commitment isn't. He shirks every 50/50 and not once did he just knock it past Wheater (a centre half playing at right back) and do him for pace.

As for Villenueva, he's an attacking midfielder and nothing else I'm afraid, which is partly why he's not worth the £5m price tag - you have to accomodate him and a team like ours needs versatility. He doesn't have the pace to play on the wing and seems to drift out of the game when told to play there. He's very much a luxury player, though one I'd use until Christmas playing off Santa Cruz as we don't have any better options.

As for Derbyshire, he was quite clearly sulking about being put out on the left wing, Saturday, and hardly put any effort in. He gets put there by Ince because he has pace and can be dangerous cutting back inside on his stronger right foot. We really don't have any better options to put out there at the moment, though I'd imagine Ince took note of Derbyshire's attitude and might look elsewhere for the next game.

I wonder if Olson is worth thinking about for that position? Do the Youth coaches consider him a better prospect than Treacy?

You're still harping on about Gallagher? Why? He's not Premiership quality, he's found his level in the Championship.

NOT harping on at all,but would gally not do a job out there on the wing?what is it then no opinions different than yours allowed on here or what?

I wish people like Waggy would stop harping up about Hughes. So what if Hughes played Derbyshire out wide? It doesn't make the point (that he shouldn't be played there) any less valid.

Does anyone think it might be worth moving Warnock back to left-back and pushing Olsson up to left-mid?

Apologies for nicking this post, but it was good method and posting so I'll add to it.

Robinson - had little to do but i thought his positioning for the goal was a little poor. I disagree, it was good strike but took a deflection, Ooijer gave him space and he punished us.

Ooijer - Played well but his distribution is shocking + letting Alves in

Nelsen - Had another decent game

Olsson - Did okay - (Very) rough diamond, similar to the next guy in this respect)

Simpson - Did okay, he needs to stop just booting the ball anywhere though (Will come from experience, too early for him for me, but how else do you learn I suppose?)

Grella - MOM, very good performance: Agreed

Warnock - I personally like him in that position. Did more in that one game than Reid has since his injury. However, how much do we miss him at the back?

Bert - Typical all action display (Most consistant player for us so far in my view, works his danglers off)

Derbyshire - Very poor, better when switched to the right. He is better coming off the bench to play upfront. (Emphasis on "Upfront")

Carlos - At the centre of most moves in the first half. Fitness needs working on but he has that little something about him. 65 mins is enough for him. Agreed, spot on

Santa - Played well after being out injured. We are relegation fodder without him in the team (Bolton away is a glimpse)

Benni - i think he will come back like his old self. I agree with this as well

Treacy - Did nothing (Again, doesn't cut the mustard so far for me, makes the wrong decisions far too often)

Insert: 4-5-1 against a poor team at home, not good enough for me!

Crowd - Poor, but we were all soaked AGAIN! Understatement, + they brought less than usual.

playing 4-5-1 at home to a struggling team is baffling mate.

playing SMD at left wing is baffling mate.

To see a finisher like SMD stuck out left is unbelieveable, he is a finisher and a forward not a left winger and not a provider.

So, I would not be saying they are working that well at the moment.

For such a good finisher, he's missed a couple of absolute sitters this season.

Personally, I think he can do a good job on the wing, even if he didn't have the best of games on Saturday. However, I wonder whether the fact that he is a local lad is clouding your judgement of his actual ability. He is a good impact player, very useful from the bench, but IMO not good enough to be a starter up front for a team with aspirations of a top half finish.

Den has his new found pessimism regarding Rovers to explain the low crowd.

Bucky, with his positive Rovers attitude, cites outside factors.

Which one is closer? I'd lean on the side of Bucky in that many who did not attend probably watched it on TV as they didn't fancy getting soaked before their Saturday night out.

Wouldn't that be much more accurate in the good old days when we all payed cash?

I have said this previously, but Ferguson never got this kind of vitriol when he signed 35 year old Larsson as a squad player.

Larsson wasn't found getting splinters in his arse from Cardiff's subs bench was he?

Santa - Played well after being out injured. We are relegation fodder without him in the team (Bolton away is a glimpse)

Benni - i think he will come back like his old self. I agree with this as well

Somewhat contradictory if I may say so.

btw you criticise Ooijer's distribution with not a word about Nelsens! Nelsen does most of the balls that he competes for but frequently loses his man and appears to have a huge problem passing to others in the same coloured shirt that he is wearing.

:wstu: See below LD, they seem to back my arguement up. I didnt reply to your pathetic post because you need to stop being paranoid and think people are attacking you. Your articles in the telewag were always crap too :P. Im not suprised JW wanted to meet you for talking sh!te. Im suprised he didnt knock you into next week. :lol:

voting with their feet according to the muppet above. I know who I agree with though.

Spot on mum.

My my you really are a plank aren't you. I've neither the time nor the inclination to find quotes from TWO yes TWO people who agree with me (as you have just done) in that the football hasn't been as entertaining as some would like to believe (even though there are many on here who agree - Abbey, den, drog, 47er and even Rev who is relatively pro Ince).

However, it's good that you've resorted with personal insults on a public messageboard, kind of gives a better idea of the kind of person you are (strength in numbers and all that), that's why I took our little disagreement offline as it were. Never mind, being the big boy that you are I'm sure you'll want to discuss it with me face to face at the next game. In fact I think I'd quite look forward to that.

TCJ

yes he has missed some sitters but at least in the middle he is there to have a go.

out wide, in particular on the left, he makes Rovers a ten man team as he neither produces or gives anything to the formation. On the right, at least he managed a cross or two.

<_<

Wouldn't that be much more accurate in the good old days when we all payed cash?

Larsson wasn't found getting splinters in his arse from Cardiff's subs bench was he?

No he was showcasing his talent in the Swedish top division, you know that great league where all the top players can be found :rolleyes:

Archived