BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

They need a certain type of manager Kelbo.

BTW, what happened to the list of potential managers that was going to be drawn up within ten days? Not another PR gaff?

Maybe they drew it up. Maybe they didn't. Maybe it really doesn't matter.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not enough to get the sack Matty, but the guy never takes responsibility for his actions, his formations, his team selections, and now his sacking.

Time to look at yourself Allardyce, you arrogant so and so :angry2:

Yeah he got us from 19th in the league and staring down the barrell of relegation to 10th, and arguably after these run of fixtures we wouldve been top 10 by the end of December again.

Considering he only achieved that on the vast amounts he's had to spend, maybe it is time to accept responsibility!

FFS, change the record Gav.

You just answered your own question in your later post. Yes Sam got it wrong on quite a few occasions, but Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho have all got it wrong on occasions too, as have lesser managers. How many times do you hear a manager say after a game "well, you know I think I got the tactics wrong today".

Apart from one or two of the games' more colourful characters, I can't really remember anyone saying that.

Yeah he got us from 19th in the league and staring down the barrell of relegation to 10th, and arguably after these run of fixtures we wouldve been top 10 by the end of December again.

Considering he only achieved that on the vast amounts he's had to spend, maybe it is time to accept responsibility!

You just answered your own question in your later post. Yes Sam got it wrong on quite a few occasions, but Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho have all got it wrong on occasions too, as have lesser managers. How many times do you hear a manager say after a game "well, you know I think I got the tactics wrong today".

Apart from one or two of the games' more colourful characters, I can't really remember anyone saying that.

It would help if he didn't lambast our strikers after every game they didn't score in. How can he score if he never gets a chance?

He has done a good job of setting Di Santo's career back a few years and has done at least the same to Kalinic.

Yes point taken Topman.

Just on Allardyce, did he ever say he set the team up wrong? Picked the wrong players? Bought the wrong player? Played the wrong formation? Admit his failings in any way? Not sure he did.

You could argue numerous managers don’t admit mistakes, or do they?

No they don't and they expect to be judged on the totality of their performances not by having someone who has it in for them focussing on the bad ones.

The players liked him and thought they could win any home game, maybe not away from home, however he did a remarkable job here - most neutrals think that too.

Put the hatred away and realise we've lost a very good manager who had a proven track record of getting results.

It would help if he didn't lambast our strikers after every game they didn't score in. How can he score if he never gets a chance?

He has done a good job of setting Di Santo's career back a few years and has done at least the same to Kalinic.

Setting Di Santo's career back a few years? :lol::lol:

Give me a break.

You do know there's a reason why Chelsea were happy to let him go out on loan?

How many years back do you think he set Phil Jones' career?

Setting Di Santo's career back a few years? :lol::lol:

Give me a break.

You do know there's a reason why Chelsea were happy to let him go out on loan?

How many years back do you think he set Phil Jones' career?

I'm talking about his tactics forcing a striker's career down a lonely path, not his ability to blood young players.

Any striker, unless you're built like a tank (ie Davis, Roberts, Drogba, Carew), cannot look anything but crap playing the central striker role for Sam Allardyce. Marry that with his constant b!tching about not putting away chances costing us the game, aimed squarely at Di Santo and Kalinic. It was not their fault they aren't big muscley guys. Kalinic is a fox in the box player, who should be feeding off knockdowns and coming into the hole to collect the ball. And Di Santo needs the ball to feet, pure and simple. He's all about his technique and sharp turn of pace, he needs players running ahead of him.

Allardyce plays his system, his only way of playing football no matter what he has to work with. And he brought those players in to play that system and they are blatently the wrong type of player. The strikers will now forever be seen as a type of player that they aren't. They won't be given credit for the things they are good at and rather be judged for not being able to do what they never could in the first place.

We already had Jason Roberts who is perfectly suited to the system and we could have just bought Zigic if we wanted a lampost. He went to the big club for the same amount that we paid for Kalinic, so why not. It just says to me that fat sam didn't really know what he was doing in the transfer market. With hindsight of course, but you have to be judged by the way your decisions play out.

Just watched Sam's interview again.

Behind that sweet reasonableness, it is not difficult to hear the words "somebody said something that got me the sack" and ask who said something?

Even if the fans don't ask that question, players. employees and staff at BRFC will be asking it and no doubt filling in the gaps for themselves.

It was a dumb move to leave the club unattended at this time.

Every day that's gone by at some stage my wife has caught me staring into the wilderness, wondering about the situation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1340628/Sam-Allardyce-Steve-Kean-right-man-Blackburn-Rovers.html#ixzz18pNGCJeo

Get a grip man! Go with some dignity. Have we heard Chris Hughton bleating like this?

Every day that's gone by at some stage my wife has caught me staring into the wilderness, wondering about the situation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1340628/Sam-Allardyce-Steve-Kean-right-man-Blackburn-Rovers.html#ixzz18pNGCJeo

Get a grip man! Go with some dignity. Have we heard Chris Hughton bleating like this?

He must be staring toward Dingle country....

So can one assume that Sam also has suspicions about Kean and whether he was involved or knew about all this?

If Sam feels that way I wonder how many of the players think that way?

Interesting working environment if true.

You do seem a rather angry individual TGM? Can I help in anyway?

It is possible to have a decent debate without just wading in, arms wind milling hoping to land that killer blow, even if you don’t agree with whats being posted.

Now try to be nice and objective, instead of wind milling around the place, because you know in the end, the more savy posters will just pick you off, Ali Esq. – Float like a butterfly sting like a bee :tu:

Sam should go back and look at the performances agaisnt:

Stoke

Sunderland

Liverpool

Spurs

Man Utd

Wolves

Bolton

Then maybe he'll realise why he was sacked, god forbid it could ever have been something he'd done, arrogant ****

Maybe not enough to get the sack Matty, but the guy never takes responsibility for his actions, his formations, his team selections, and now his sacking.

Time to look at yourself Allardyce, you arrogant so and so :angry2:

Wolves and Bolton? You are clutching at straws there. Both were good performances in fact we lost at Bolton because we were to intent on going gung ho for a winner that we got suckered. You've been advocating that for two years.

btw

Quote GAV "You do seem a rather angry individual TGM? Can I help in anyway?"

You do seem a rather angry individual too Gav. Not only angry but irrational. Might there be a clue in the nickname Big Sam?

Back into troll mode again. Go through my posts and you will see I have posted links to anything which had not already been posted.

Better still post a link to a positive story about Rovers to back up your implied assertion that I only post bad stories.

Back into troll mode again. Go through my posts and you will see I have posted links to anything which had not already been posted.

Better still post a link to a positive story about Rovers to back up your implied assertion that I only post bad stories.

You post all sorts but even you cannot deny that 99% of your recent posts have been negative ones about Kentaro/Jerome Anderson ad nauseam. its become a fixation with you.

We got the point you were making weeks ago. We're not stupid.

Archived