BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

Rubbish. The decision to appoint Steve Kean on a permanent basis and continually back him by our incompetent owners is the reason for our League position and any angst and protest. I'd also argue that the biggest mistake (bigger than Allardyce/Kean) was forcing John Williams out, and the subsequent destruction of the traditional management structure.

How did you know we wouldn't appoint a proper manager? Why do you persist with the nonsense that 'only Sam could save us - ever - from relegation'? Again, absolute rubbish. All of my group (around 30, long-standing season ticket holders) were at worst surprised by the timing; the majority of fans I know had got so fed up of Allardyce's cynical, dire football and continuous and embarrassing self-aggrandisement that along with the new owners apparent positive intent it was seen as a chance to rid ourselves of the shackles of Sam's hoofball and move the club forward. Although then we didn't know how full of ###### Venky's were and that Kean had likely already inveigled himself into the role full-time.

Oh dear. Try again Jimbo. Read this (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/30/sam-allardyce-west-ham) interview, particularly noting this quote: "I've said a lot of things over the years that people laugh at and I find them very insulting for making a joke about it or laughing at how I could be a manager of any club, anywhere and deal with it. I still feel like I can walk into any club, anywhere, any time and deliver. It's a bit like a CEO, isn't it? You can take up a position in any industry and if you're a good CEO, you can make that company profitable. You put me in a football environment anywhere in the world and I can deliver the module. I can modify the module for the particular culture and the way of playing." Tongue-in-cheek my arse.

And as for his Middle-East, it was pretty widely known that in summer 2010 he'd been trying to free himself from his contract to take up the Al-Ahli job. I know your memory is probably not what it was but forgetting this, along with forgetting you spent 10 years slagging off John Williams smacks of convenience to me. Straight from the horses mouth: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/915492/sam-allardyce-tried-to-leave-blackburn-for-dubai-role?cc=5739

Still linked. Although as I said before hindsight would appear to point to the fact that Kean was nailed on for the job from the start - not something anyone would have guessed at the time.

Same to you Jimbo. :xmas:

Anyway, there's bigger things to worry about than average ex-managers at the moment - like what we need to do to remove the current set of alleged crooks and numpties running the club.

Blah blah blah...... must be so galling for you to realise that in getting your wish to see Allardyce sacked has actually resulted in being the the worst thing ever to happen to BRFC ... and quite likely the best thing ever to happen to him and his career.

Anyway enough of this, happy Christmas to you and yours :xmas:

Thank you Gav, and the same to you. :tu:

....... New Years going to be sh1t though. :(

To summarise, Kean = bad, Allardyce = good.

However, Jim and Theno drive me insane. So ignorant it's scary :glare:

You are actually describing foresight and intuition as ignorance?!?! You need a new dictionary cock.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigotry is not foresight.

Why do you keep doing this? After everything that has gone on at our club since day 1, you are going to say that those who didn't like the cut of their jib are all racists?

This is exactly the reason why racism will never go away. It keeps being used as a defence mechanism when people hear something they don't like.

You and I have similar views (believe it or not) but we part ways big time on this.

Must be a gift imy. Truth is that the only thing ever to be found under a pony tail is an arsehole.

I was of course proven right... as usual. ;)

Mmm, stating pretty obvious statements does not make someone Nostradamus.

'Foreign owners are going to be bad' that's a rarity in the PL.

'Sacking Sam and replacing him with the first team coach is a poor decision' another great gem that not many people thought really lol.

You did not want Hughes as manager and wanted us to look at other options when Sams name was mooted around during the end of Inces reign, now showing insight there would have been impressive.

Why do you keep doing this? After everything that has gone on at our club since day 1, you are going to say that those who didn't like the cut of their jib are all racists?

This is exactly the reason why racism will never go away. It keeps being used as a defence mechanism when people hear something they don't like.

You and I have similar views (believe it or not) but we part ways big time on this.

Drog has a lot of form on the race issue, so I can see the logic.

Drog has a lot of form on the race issue, so I can see the logic.

I actually think Gordon is misunderstood on this issue. (Not often I use his proper name but let's let eggs be eggs). Some obtusely, because they just don't like him, and some who have genuinely been offended by some of his comments.

Trouble is Gordon is long in the tooth and doesn't suffer fools, usually speaking from experience, education, and with foresight (I hasten deliberately to use the word 'wise'). A bit like the late Chris Hitchens (and I don't agree with a lot of what he said either). Sadly because of people who enjoy baiting Gordon on this issue, he sweeps across both the WUMs and genuine people.

I don't necessarily agree with what Gordon says, and have said so on several occasions, but to call him a bigot (and not to his face) is cowardly, ignorant and very likely ill-informed.

I probably make no friends with this post but that is how I see it.

Now his thought on Allardyce, however, are difficult to argue with...

I actually think Gordon is misunderstood on this issue. (Not often I use his proper name but let's let eggs be eggs). Some obtusely, because they just don't like him, and some who have genuinely been offended by some of his comments.

Trouble is Gordon is long in the tooth and doesn't suffer fools, usually speaking from experience, education, and with foresight (I hasten deliberately to use the word 'wise'). A bit like the late Chris Hitchens (and I don't agree with a lot of what he said either). Sadly because of people who enjoy baiting Gordon on this issue, he sweeps across both the WUMs and genuine people.

I don't necessarily agree with what Gordon says, and have said so on several occasions, but to call him a bigot (and not to his face) is cowardly, ignorant and very likely ill-informed.

I probably make no friends with this post but that is how I see it.

Now his thought on Allardyce, however, are difficult to argue with...

This is my view also. As an outsider looking in, Gordon is attacked either because of how he says something (he isn't the most diplomatic) or what he says runs counter to another's worldview/political sensibilities. But he is usually right.

Big Sam on Soccer AM, talking as it is, no bulls**t, refreshing.

... and only days after his 1 year departure anniversary. I assume he had a clause in his contract as I don't recall him being drawn on any question about the club or owners before.

Now, we're 2 months off John William's 1 year departure. Sadly I think he's too much of a gent to do a kiss and tell style interview.

Rubbish. The decision to appoint Steve Kean on a permanent basis and continually back him by our incompetent owners is the reason for our League position

If appointing Kean "is the reason for our League position" it follows that if Sam had not been dismissed and were still in post Kean would never have become manager and we we would not be facing relegation. Is this hard to understand ?

How did you know we wouldn't appoint a proper manager? Why do you persist with the nonsense that 'only Sam could save us - ever - from relegation'? Again, absolute rubbish. All of my group (around 30, long-standing season ticket holders) were at worst surprised by the timing; the majority of fans I know had got so fed up of Allardyce's cynical, dire football and continuous and embarrassing self-aggrandisement that along with the new owners apparent positive intent it was seen as a chance to rid ourselves of the shackles of Sam's hoofball and move the club forward. Although then we didn't know how full of ###### Venky's were and that Kean had likely already inveigled himself into the role full-time.

How did I know we wouldn't appoint a proper manager - erm, look what we have been landed with ! I rest my case. Trust me - none of those managers you were having wet dreams over would come near Ewood.

Sir Alex Ferguson called the decision to sack Sam "absolutely ridiculous" whereas your "group of 30" were "at worst suprised". All I can say about that statement is your group has the collective football nous of a 9-year-old.

Oh dear. Try again Jimbo. Read this (http://www.guardian....ardyce-west-ham) interview, particularly noting this quote: "I've said a lot of things over the years that people laugh at and I find them very insulting for making a joke about it or laughing at how I could be a manager of any club, anywhere and deal with it. I still feel like I can walk into any club, anywhere, any time and deliver. It's a bit like a CEO, isn't it? You can take up a position in any industry and if you're a good CEO, you can make that company profitable. You put me in a football environment anywhere in the world and I can deliver the module. I can modify the module for the particular culture and the way of playing." Tongue-in-cheek my arse.

Sam's right - he could walk into any club and do a good job like he the job he did at Bolton. It's not his fault that Newcastle under pressure from deluded fans such as your 30 idiots sacked him before he was able to get a grip on the job and went down the following season and Rovers look like doing the same. It's not a coincidence.

Anyway, there's bigger things to worry about than average ex-managers at the moment -

"Average" managers do get their teams into Europe but very good ones do - Sam did so twice with Bolton and I have no doubt Rovers would have been knocking on Europe's door last season too had he stayed.

If appointing Kean "is the reason for our League position" it follows that if Sam had not been dismissed and were still in post Kean would never have become manager and we we would not be facing relegation. Is this hard to understand ?

How did I know we wouldn't appoint a proper manager - erm, look what we have been landed with ! I rest my case. Trust me - none of those managers you were having wet dreams over would come near Ewood.

Sir Alex Ferguson called the decision to sack Sam "absolutely ridiculous" whereas your "group of 30" were "at worst suprised". All I can say about that statement is your group has the collective football nous of a 9-year-old.

Sam's right - he could walk into any club and do a good job like he the job he did at Bolton. It's not his fault that Newcastle under pressure from deluded fans such as your 30 idiots sacked him before he was able to get a grip on the job and went down the following season and Rovers look like doing the same. It's not a coincidence.

"Average" managers do get their teams into Europe but very good ones do - Sam did so twice with Bolton and I have no doubt Rovers would have been knocking on Europe's door last season too had he stayed.

All a bit of a waste of time Jim. The Anti Allardyce propaganda spread amongst those who do not have the experience or capability to actually understand the basics of the game like a plague. My mate's brother (who attended a rugby playing boarding school), couldn't trap a wet sandbag and never played the game to any sort of level and subsequently took to playing a bit of tennis told me over Christmas that in his opinion the Rovers were playing much better football under Kean and that criticism of Kean was totally unfair. You can imagine the way that conversstion went after that!

All a bit of a waste of time Jim. The Anti Allardyce propaganda spread amongst those who do not have the experience or capability to actually understand the basics of the game like a plague. My mate's brother (who attended a rugby playing boarding school), couldn't trap a wet sandbag and never played the game to any sort of level and subsequently took to playing a bit of tennis told me over Christmas that in his opinion the Rovers were playing much better football under Kean and that criticism of Kean was totally unfair. You can imagine the way that conversstion went after that!

Anti allardyce propaganda!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know as well as i do he was rubbish, fair enough he was getting points but it all got a bit boring, he only looks good because of his replacement, if we'd have had a real replacement you wouldnt be bumming fat sam

Anti allardyce propaganda!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know as well as i do he was rubbish, fair enough he was getting points but it all got a bit boring, he only looks good because of his replacement, if we'd have had a real replacement you wouldnt be bumming fat sam

:lol::wstu:

Great post!

As punishment for your ignorance, you can go back and read through the 172 threads where the reasons why you are mistaken are discussed in forensic detail.

Given that we were in mid table with the second lowest spending power I'd say there simply wasn't a better replacement for us. You are beyond hope and redemption.

Edin Dzeko was scouted under Paul Ince lol

Champagne tastes on beer money, that lad. He and Rovers were never really on the same page, were they.

What did Citey pay for Dzeko, in the end?

EDIT: £27m according to Wiki :lol: :lol: :lol: I can just imagine the conversation between old googly-eyes and JW.

:unsure: v :rolleyes:

Archived