BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

Lol. Come on Matty, you and I both know I was sat there cringing when that song reared it's ugly head. :)

In a state of acute embarrassment I assume.

C'mon Mark know one likes being proven wrong but I told you and your anti Allardyce posse that you would be. From now on please apply this humbling experience to all future thinking before you make any sort of football related comment. Who knows if you take that advice one day someone somewhere might finally give your opinions some credence.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be too hard on the likes of GAV, Topman, patrickvalery and MarkBRFC1971, they've had a rough 12 months continually being proven wrong.

I expect they will be getting Championship Manager or similar for Christmas where they can play their games of fantasy football to their hearts' content.

Let’s not forget how you spent the last 10yrs telling us that John Williams was the anti Christ, then back peddled at a speed of knots when he left the club.

I backed Allardyce for 18 months, pity you didn't afford Williams the same respect Doris, sorry Jim.

I backed Allardyce for 18 months,

You're having a larf, surely ?

You disliked the man from the moment he arrived, hated the fact he was ex-Bolton, hated the way he looked, hated his so-called self-promotion,, hated his so-called "hoofball" and hated the fact he was a success with Rovers. You never missed an opportunity to lambast him after a defeat and moaned about the manner of victory after a win. You celebrated when he was sacked and continue even now to dance on his Ewood grave.

The fact your stance in view of events over the past 12 months has made you and others (see above) look complete plonkers doesn't seem to occur to you.

Keep up the good work.

The bit in bold is utter delusion.

Can i just clarify - that was not me that typed that. I'm not sure why my username is listed above that quote. The post you quoted Steve was from MarkBRFC71 post No.11611. I want it on record that i am not of the opinion that Kean would get West Ham promoted.

You're having a larf, surely ?

You disliked the man from the moment he arrived, hated the fact he was ex-Bolton, hated the way he looked, hated his so-called self-promotion,, hated his so-called "hoofball" and hated the fact he was a success with Rovers. You never missed an opportunity to lambast him after a defeat and moaned about the manner of victory after a win. You celebrated when he was sacked and continue even now to dance on his Ewood grave.

The fact your stance in view of events over the past 12 months has made you and others (see above) look complete plonkers doesn't seem to occur to you.

Keep up the good work.

Are you a cockney now Jim?

Regardless of that, I backed Allardyces appointment as well you know, he did a terrific job keeping us up, but thats where my support ended.

By contrast you told us all that John Williams was clueless for almost 10yrs! Then upon his departure turned him into a saint :lol:

I make no apologies for backing Kean and Venkys, after all Kean was appointed manager of Blackburn Rovers and Venkys bought the club, and being a Blackburn Rovers fan thats part of what I signed up for :tu:

What is 'backing the manager' though GAV?

Is it not buying your ticket, getting behind the side at games, therefore helping the team (and manager) get a win?

For 8 months I didn't show a single bit of dissent on a matchday.

I said from day one on here and in real life that he would be useless, that's my opinion, but I still 'backed him', because who the hell wanted a year of this?

Can i just clarify - that was not me that typed that. I'm not sure why my username is listed above that quote. The post you quoted Steve was from MarkBRFC71 post No.11611. I want it on record that i am not of the opinion that Kean would get West Ham promoted.

You are absolutely right. I did not notice that your name was in there. MarkBRFC71 was the poster who made that [in my opinion, ridiculous] claim. I haven't a clue as to why the mix up occurred.

I normally agree with 90% of what you say, including the relevant merits of Sam Allardyce.

EDIT: I've somewhat corrected the earlier post.

Regardless of that, I backed Allardyces appointment as well you know, he did a terrific job keeping us up, but thats where my support ended.

By contrast you told us all that John Williams was clueless for almost 10yrs! Then upon his departure turned him into a saint :lol:

I make no apologies for backing Kean and Venkys, after all Kean was appointed manager of Blackburn Rovers and Venkys bought the club, and being a Blackburn Rovers fan thats part of what I signed up for :tu:

'Backed'?

Did you back his appointment after Hughes left and before Ince was appointed? Did you sign up to that immature 'rentafriend' Facebook lunacy?

I don't know the answers to those but I do know that you backed the stupid opinions of waggy. How dumb must he feel now?

You happily state that "I make no apologies for backing Kean and Venkeys". Well I damned well didn't back em from the off and and as usual my instincts were proven right. So GAV would you mind sharing with us what exactly made you back Kean and Venkeys when you knew nowt about any of them and up until November last year you would have walked past the lot of them in the street without giving them a second glance.

You are in denial without a doubt and making more attempt to wash your hands clean of the matter than Pontious bloody Pilate.

'Backed'?

Did you back his appointment after Hughes left and before Ince was appointed? Did you sign up to that immature 'rentafriend' Facebook lunacy?

I don't know the answers to those but I do know that you backed the stupid opinions of waggy. How dumb must he feel now?

You happily state that "I make no apologies for backing Kean and Venkeys". Well I damned well didn't back em from the off and and as usual my instincts were proven right. So GAV would you mind sharing with us what exactly made you back Kean and Venkeys when you knew nowt about any of them and up until November last year you would have walked past the lot of them in the street without giving them a second glance.

You are in denial without a doubt and making more attempt to wash your hands clean of the matter than Pontious bloody Pilate.

They were our owners and on the surface ARE business people who have a history of being successful and are clearly wealthy, I backed them because I had no choice, they became our owners and as such they deserved a chance (I dont believe in looking at someone and making a judgement about what they will be like- you have stated on a number of ocassions that you knew they were wrong 'uns after laying eyes on them for the first time).

Kean is someone that the majority of people did NOT want from the beginning, yes there were a lot of people who wanted Sam replaced but is it really that difficult to understand that people wanted an experienced manager in his place and not the first team coach? Once he became manager he deserved a chance IMO, my support for him went after Fulham away, for some it was earlier and others later but ultimately he has been judged on results and they are DIRE.

Venkys have been awful and need to go but still we need a viable alternative, our best bet at the moment is for them to realise their mistakes and rectify them, is it going to happen? Not a chance IMO.

You are always right... oh but if it was down to you Mark Hughes would never have been our manager and we would probably have been relegated and would have missed out on our most successful manager since Kenny Dalglish.

I make no apologies for backing Kean and Venkys,

How can you write this stuff ?

You never had a good word for Sam and could never see the bigger picture of why he was so good for us.

As for the last sentence, it was blindingly obvious from the start that both the owners with their ludicrous statements and ambitions and the overpromoted Kean were never going to work.

I and few others called it correctly so why couldn't you see it ? You're not one of the kids on here - have you learnt nothing about football over the years ?

Sorry, but you're a joke.

Happy Christmas.

How can you write this stuff ?

You never had a good word for Sam and could never see the bigger picture of why he was so good for us.

As for the last sentence, it was blindingly obvious from the start that both the owners with their ludicrous statements and ambitions and the overpromoted Kean were never going to work.

I and few others called it correctly so why couldn't you see it ? You're not one of the kids on here - have you learnt nothing about football over the years ?

Sorry, but you're a joke.

Happy Christmas.

You're doing a fine job of ignoring his point about your complete inability to see the bigger picture about John Williams, Johnny. You should have known better than to continually dismiss a man who was largely responsible for our reputible standing for so many years.

And you are ?

I did not "continually dismiss" Williams but changed my views over time - as I have said many times before. According to a folically challenged obese person this is "gross hypocrisy" but you cannot please everyone.

This is a Sam Allardyce thread so try to keep it on topic.

Oh, Gordon's back. Have you grown that pair of balls yet, and developed a modicum of class in order to give me that apology you owe me from a while back? Thought not.

I have major doubts that either of those wouldn't have kept us up in that season and I doubt too that we would have finished in the top half the season after. Maybe you have missed it but Jol is currently struggling at Fulham and seems to be losing the players whilst O'Neill too is abrasive and he has never had a really top job either. You say that anyone can get WHU up with their squad well I think that would be a hell of a site better achievement than winning the SPL and a domestic cup or two with Celtic for goodness sake.

Yep, O'Neill is certainly struggling. 2 wins out of 3 - terrible form that. Didn't he win the League cup with Leicester too? Remind me again of Allardyce's extensive trophy haul ..... ? I'd argue that Villa is a top job, certainly as big as Newcastle - although O'Neill lasted longer than 6 months as I recall.

Jol has 'lost' one player - Zamora - who's obviously had his head turned by his agent since his England caps.

In a state of acute embarrassment I assume.

C'mon Mark know one likes being proven wrong but I told you and your anti Allardyce posse that you would be. From now on please apply this humbling experience to all future thinking before you make any sort of football related comment. Who knows if you take that advice one day someone somewhere might finally give your opinions some credence.

I give up with you and your cronies. Is it really that difficult to understand that the decision to sack Sam TAKEN IN ISOLATION is NOT the reason we are where we are now? Inadequately replacing him IS. Given a straight choice between Sam and Kean (which wasn't the case at the time) of course I would have retained Sam. Did he need to be sacked when he was? Probably not - I wasn't disappointed but even I would have waited until the end of the season and let his contract expire. He wasn't exactly committed to Rovers anyway seeing as he spent most press conferences telling the world how he should be at a bigger club, and most of the previous summer whoring himself around the Middle East. Were there better managers being linked heavily? IMO yes, Jol and O'Neill are both better managers than Sam - you cannot prove either way they aren't, however they've both at least won trophies.

Oh, and by the way, was reading the thread the other day where you made out you are the 'Alex Ferguson' of this messageboard. Keep dreaming cock - more like Sarah Ferguson. She's also a preening ginger princess with an overinflated opinion of herself. ;)

Is it really that difficult to understand that the decision to sack Sam TAKEN IN ISOLATION is NOT the reason we are where we are now?

Yes it is, That one decision is the cause of our current league position and all the angst among supporters at present.

Did he need to be sacked when he was? Probably not - I wasn't disappointed

From a football point of view, there was no justification for Sam to lose his job.

If you weren't disappointed you must be stupid. All of my group were shocked at his dismissal because we knew the consequences. Why couldn't you work it out ?

He wasn't exactly committed to Rovers anyway seeing as he spent most press conferences telling the world how he should be at a bigger club, and most of the previous summer whoring himself around the Middle East.

Good try. I was at the press conference (not most) where he mentioned managing a "bigger" club. If you'd been there you'd know it was tongue in cheek. As for "whoring himself around the Middle East" you're just making yourself look silly.

Were there better managers being linked heavily? IMO yes, Jol and O'Neill are both better managers than Sam - you cannot prove either way they aren't, however they've both at least won trophies.

Linked heavily by whom - supporters on websites and betting websites ? Come on.

In any case, although O'Neill is arguably a better manager he would never have come to Ewood. He has huge ego, sees himself above us and has never liked us. He's only at Sunderland because he supported them as a boy. Jol has won two cups in Holland - big deal. Is he better than Sam ? I don't think so. It's unlikely he would have come to Ewood too.

Happy Christmas

Is it really that difficult to understand that the decision to sack Sam TAKEN IN ISOLATION is NOT the reason we are where we are now? Inadequately replacing him IS.

Were you applauding the decision at the time it occurred but before Kean was permanently appointed?

And the "adequate" replacements, considering the Rovers circumstances, are few and far between.

Yes it is, That one decision is the cause of our current league position and all the angst among supporters at present.

Rubbish. The decision to appoint Steve Kean on a permanent basis and continually back him by our incompetent owners is the reason for our League position and any angst and protest. I'd also argue that the biggest mistake (bigger than Allardyce/Kean) was forcing John Williams out, and the subsequent destruction of the traditional management structure.

From a football point of view, there was no justification for Sam to lose his job.

If you weren't disappointed you must be stupid. All of my group were shocked at his dismissal because we knew the consequences. Why couldn't you work it out ?

How did you know we wouldn't appoint a proper manager? Why do you persist with the nonsense that 'only Sam could save us - ever - from relegation'? Again, absolute rubbish. All of my group (around 30, long-standing season ticket holders) were at worst surprised by the timing; the majority of fans I know had got so fed up of Allardyce's cynical, dire football and continuous and embarrassing self-aggrandisement that along with the new owners apparent positive intent it was seen as a chance to rid ourselves of the shackles of Sam's hoofball and move the club forward. Although then we didn't know how full of ###### Venky's were and that Kean had likely already inveigled himself into the role full-time.

Good try. I was at the press conference (not most) where he mentioned managing a "bigger" club. If you'd been there you'd know it was tongue in cheek. As for "whoring himself around the Middle East" you're just making yourself look silly.

Oh dear. Try again Jimbo. Read this (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/30/sam-allardyce-west-ham) interview, particularly noting this quote: "I've said a lot of things over the years that people laugh at and I find them very insulting for making a joke about it or laughing at how I could be a manager of any club, anywhere and deal with it. I still feel like I can walk into any club, anywhere, any time and deliver. It's a bit like a CEO, isn't it? You can take up a position in any industry and if you're a good CEO, you can make that company profitable. You put me in a football environment anywhere in the world and I can deliver the module. I can modify the module for the particular culture and the way of playing." Tongue-in-cheek my arse.

And as for his Middle-East, it was pretty widely known that in summer 2010 he'd been trying to free himself from his contract to take up the Al-Ahli job. I know your memory is probably not what it was but forgetting this, along with forgetting you spent 10 years slagging off John Williams smacks of convenience to me. Straight from the horses mouth: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/915492/sam-allardyce-tried-to-leave-blackburn-for-dubai-role?cc=5739

Linked heavily by whom - supporters on websites and betting websites ? Come on.

In any case, although O'Neill is arguably a better manager he would never have come to Ewood. He has huge ego, sees himself above us and has never liked us. He's only at Sunderland because he supported them as a boy. Jol has won two cups in Holland - big deal. Is he better than Sam ? I don't think so. It's unlikely he would have come to Ewood too.

Still linked. Although as I said before hindsight would appear to point to the fact that Kean was nailed on for the job from the start - not something anyone would have guessed at the time.

Happy Christmas

Same to you Jimbo. :xmas:

Anyway, there's bigger things to worry about than average ex-managers at the moment - like what we need to do to remove the current set of alleged crooks and numpties running the club.

'Backed'?

I backed Waggys right to express opinions that differed from the popular, nothing more nothing less and yes I guess he's feeling really dumb spending Christmas in a sun drenched paradise many miles away from the cr@p thats going on here ;)

As for backing, I tend to back new owners and new managers of my football club, until such time as they prove themselves incompetent, its called being a supporter of Blackburn Rovers, tends to come with the territory Gordon surely.

Anyway enough of this, happy Christmas to you and yours :xmas:

• Backroom

For once I applauded his arrogant style today when asked if he was glad to be away from the club and potentially that abuse he just replied saying if he was here we wouldn't be in the mess.

Not many will argue with that.

Also if we are going to say I told you so, whilst many predicted the loss of Sam to be a bad thing quite a few also guaranteed relegation last season so let's not pretend they were 100% right.

People said only Sam could keep us up, whilst I still don't believe that to be true as such nobody could deny the decisions made at the time were all wrong

They were our owners and on the surface ARE business people who have a history of being successful and are clearly wealthy, I backed them because I had no choice, they became our owners and as such they deserved a chance (I dont believe in looking at someone and making a judgement about what they will be like- you have stated on a number of ocassions that you knew they were wrong 'uns after laying eyes on them for the first time).

Must be a gift imy. Truth is that the only thing ever to be found under a pony tail is an arsehole.

I was of course proven right... as usual. ;)

Oh, Gordon's back. Have you grown that pair of balls yet, and developed a modicum of class in order to give me that apology you owe me from a while back? Thought not.

Yep, O'Neill is certainly struggling. 2 wins out of 3 - terrible form that. Didn't he win the League cup with Leicester too? Remind me again of Allardyce's extensive trophy haul ..... ? I'd argue that Villa is a top job, certainly as big as Newcastle - although O'Neill lasted longer than 6 months as I recall.

Jol has 'lost' one player - Zamora - who's obviously had his head turned by his agent since his England caps.

I give up with you and your cronies. Is it really that difficult to understand that the decision to sack Sam TAKEN IN ISOLATION is NOT the reason we are where we are now? Inadequately replacing him IS. Given a straight choice between Sam and Kean (which wasn't the case at the time) of course I would have retained Sam. Did he need to be sacked when he was? Probably not - I wasn't disappointed but even I would have waited until the end of the season and let his contract expire. He wasn't exactly committed to Rovers anyway seeing as he spent most press conferences telling the world how he should be at a bigger club, and most of the previous summer whoring himself around the Middle East. Were there better managers being linked heavily? IMO yes, Jol and O'Neill are both better managers than Sam - you cannot prove either way they aren't, however they've both at least won trophies.

Oh, and by the way, was reading the thread the other day where you made out you are the 'Alex Ferguson' of this messageboard. Keep dreaming cock - more like Sarah Ferguson. She's also a preening ginger princess with an overinflated opinion of herself. ;)

Spin spin spin. In a nutshell I was right (as usual) and you were wrong. Hope you are enjoying life after Sam cos I am bloody not.

Archived