BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Thread

Time to start this off now methinks as it's inevetable now that we will be looking for a manager sooner rather than later.

Apart from the obvious.....BFS....it's not easy to think of sure-fire saviours. Avram Grant anyone?

Any good shouts here..... no lower league amateurs please. Nor current or former players with no experiance. We need a proven manager at a decent level.

Souey is available remember.... ! As is Kenny.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless we can lure Dick Advocaat, wasn't there reported interest from him last time round?

Still can't see him wanting to leave a UEFA Cup winning side for relegation candidates now.

Now we're talking, Advocaat is exactly what we need and did he not say he wanted it in the summer. The Russian season has just ended, so its a good time for him to walk.

I'm sure he's said that he's always wanted to work here its worth a shout.

I just hope money IE compensation is not an issue with any potential candidate.

Sam Alllardyce is the natural choice for me. No-nonsense, will provide our ranks with some much needed guts, grit and commitment, is used to working on a shoestring budget, and has PL experience.

I know there are some Curbishley fans on here, but if we want to stay in the Premier League, then stay clear, by all means. Yes, he managed to get West Ham to stay in the PL two seasons ago, but still - he wasted a fortune on sicknotes, Newcastle rejects and generally @#/? players, has as much tactical nous as an amoeba, has no knowledge of up and coming talents and cheap gems from abroad, and didn't get respect from the players at the training ground due to being too "nice" and without any character. West Ham only pulled off the "great escape" because Noble, Green and Tevez (who Curbs insisted on not using for quite a while) played the best football of their careers.

He's managing a club in the Champions League who are extremely rich, and will be on a huge contract the price of which to buy out will be beyond our means, let alone actually paying the guy and then backing him in the transfer market.

There's more chance of us getting Dick Van Dyke.

He's managing a club in the Champions League who are extremely rich, and will be on a huge contract the price of which to buy out will be beyond our means, let alone actually paying the guy and then backing him in the transfer market.

Provided Dick has his pro-licence, I'll consider it a step up.

Alan Curbishley,

Roberto Martinez,

Raddy Antic,

Sam Allardyce,

Juande Ramos,

Stuart Pearce,

Darren Ferguson,

Simon Grayson,

Alan Pardew,

Fatih Terrim,

SLAVEN GOD BILLIC,

Avram Grant.

Candidates who i think would/be available to come. I'd like Billic.

Alan Curbishley,

Roberto Martinez,

Raddy Antic,

Sam Allardyce,

Juande Ramos,

Stuart Pearce,

Darren Ferguson,

Simon Grayson,

Alan Pardew,

Fatih Terrim

Candidates who i think would/be available to come.

No Bilic? Avram Grant?

And there lies our biggest problem. We are rapidly entering the stage where any manager who comes - even BFS - will demand/need a substantial transfer kitty to even consider coming here.

The Trust seem to be immobile and as tight as a ducks jacksy and even with a change of manager they don't seem to have any confidence in the coaches. We're back to square one.

Add in our position looks pretty horrific at the moment and is not an attractive proposition to ANY decent manager now!

The club is going back to the 1970's and I can't see any way forward short of a new manager, coaching team and enticing them with a £50m transfer kitty.

Alan Curbishley, Really?

Roberto Martinez, Same experience problems as Ince

Raddy Antic, Too Bonkers

Sam Allardyce, Don't think he'll come, don't think they'll have him

Juande Ramos, Eh? That'll be cheery

Stuart Pearce, Eerrrrrrr possible - kept city up

Darren Ferguson, Same as Ince with a rich dad

Simon Grayson, Same as Ince - did nothing until Parkes went to Blackpool

Alan Pardew, Worse than Ince (being/just sacked)

Fatih Terrim, Good shout - possibly won't come

SLAVEN GOD BILLIC, good shout but would want a big wedge/big transfer kitty and others are before us in the queue

Avram Grant. God no.

Squeeky bum time folks

Allardyce is a Bolton man. He does not give two sh*ts whatsoever about our club. Even at the slight chance that he does save us, he will leave us for dead the first chance he gets at a bigger job. It's a short term solution that will bring us back right where we started. Why people want this I simply don't understand. If we have to make a change, then we need to appoint someone whose motivation is Rovers.

Alan Curbishley,

Roberto Martinez,

Raddy Antic,

Sam Allardyce,

Juande Ramos,

Stuart Pearce,

Darren Ferguson,

Simon Grayson,

Alan Pardew,

Fatih Terrim,

SLAVEN GOD BILLIC,

Avram Grant.

Ramos would be nice

Big Sam.A manager who has experience in the top flight working with a similar club to Rovers on a similar budget.We need stability right now and I believe this man can deliver it.

Forget your fancy football, forget your wet dreams of European football at Ewood...survival is the name of the game right now.

Alan Curbishley,

Roberto Martinez,

Raddy Antic,

Sam Allardyce,

Juande Ramos,

Stuart Pearce,

Darren Ferguson,

Simon Grayson,

Alan Pardew,

Fatih Terrim,

SLAVEN GOD BILLIC,

Avram Grant.

It's becoming clear that Ince was too big a gamble, we need a proven premiership manager, the majority of that lot don't fill them boots.

Allardyce is a Bolton man. He does not give two sh*ts whatsoever about our club. Even at the slight chance that he does save us, he will leave us for dead the first chance he gets at a bigger job. It's a short term solution that will bring us back right where we started. Why people want this I simply don't understand. If we have to make a change, then we need to appoint someone whose motivation is Rovers.

Sorry but those people don't exist. Unless you can name one?

If a big club come knocking for Sam then it would've meant he did a great job for us and got us playing in Europe again. I'd be happy with that outcome.

It's not like he's fending them off with a stick now is it?

We need to appoint someone who can take us up the league and back to where we were. All other considerations, football style, future plans, connections with rivals etc are irrelevant and bullsh!t arguments.

Ramos would be nice

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

I've had a thought on BFS could he not just come in till the end of the year save us from relegation and then do one IE a kinnear.

He saves us puts him back on the map, readdresses his image problem and can get another job somewhere else. We can then get in a top manager who can progress our club.

Works all round :lol::rolleyes:

We may not get him anyway Forest may beat us too it especially if Ince is given till the wigan game. Wipes brow.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

I've had a thought on BFS could he not just come in till the end of the year save us from relegation and then do one IE a kinnear.

He saves us puts him back on the map, readresses his image problem and can get another job somewhere else. We can then get in a top manager who can progress our club.

Works all round :lol::rolleyes:

Or...if he does a good enough job...we just take the logical step and hang onto him for dear life.

Works even better.

Archived