BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Thread

That's it in a nutshell nicko, although you missed out the words "and back him with money as well" after "another manager!"

There HAS to be money around right now.

There was a kitty for the last window, this was boosted by the Bentley profit and the Trustees donation.

On top of that there was some clever work on Villanueva - the loan before you buy concept - so the existing fund has to be decent.

So either give Ince the cash to buy people he wants or find someone else who can.

There is NO cheap option here.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure we'll do our best to try and find it.

What's the cheapest course of action?

Do nothing, give Ince no money in Jan, and hope he turns things round enough to scrape us up with a whisker to spare. Easy peasy.

That risks decimating the value of the Trustees' prize 50m asset through relegation though.

The way i see it, the board can either;

1) Keep Ince and risk the very real possibility of relegation bearing in mind Ince blowing our biggest transfer budget in years

2) Sack Ince and bring in a new experienced manager. Someone who is more likely to invest wisely... Im thinking Owen Coyle at the moment :lol:

3) Sack Ince and bring in another young inexperienced manager. Risk the same blowing of transfer funds.

I think the only real way of putting it is, are we prepared to give a manager who is already at least halfway toward sacking the chance to spend our transfer budget on a group of players who will end up being managed by a different manager!

The only real certain answer is to bring in a experienced manager who can get us out this hole...

I really don't want to get my hopes up about the likes of Martin Jol, Roberto Mancini, Avram Grant, etc... because knowing this board, they will never go for them. If they weren't willing to hire a big name when we were the seventh best team in England, why are they gonna do it now we're stuck in the relegation zone? They'll look for the most affordable option to offset the compo given to Ince and his gang. We could be lucky and have Big Sam, but we'll also have the possibility of Curbishley or some other overrated Englishman.

What was the situation with Sam last time nicko? Did we burn our bridges there?

Thats what i was thinking!

He was a little angry last time with JW!

our club is in a very delicate situation and needs to be sorted asap!

As said before Relegation would be a disaster for us!The End?

There HAS to be money around right now.

There was a kitty for the last window, this was boosted by the Bentley profit and the Trustees donation.

On top of that there was some clever work on Villanueva - the loan before you buy concept - so the existing fund has to be decent.

So either give Ince the cash to buy people he wants or find someone else who can.

Any idea on the type of compo that would be required to get rid of Ince and his backroom team ?

Also - any news on Ince resigning ? I know honour is in short supply when potential pay offs are involved for getting sacked - but is there a chance the Ince would do the decent thing ?

No, there will have to be a collective decision. Some may be for sticking, others for sacking.

I know i probably wont get a answer, but could you explain that a little less criptically? ;):lol:

The way im reading it, reads.

Assistant and coach might leave. But manager stays?

I know i probably wont get a answer, but could you explain that a little less criptically? ;):lol:

The way im reading it, reads.

Assistant and coach might leave. But manager stays?

Half the board want rid of Ince, half the board want to keep him for now.

What was the situation with Sam last time nicko? Did we burn our bridges there?

I don't think it's right to discuss 'next managers' when you have one at the moment.

But on Sam...there were doubts about him because of the size of the staff he brings and he told people that the board warned him the club could be sold.

The views of the fans also played a part in the board worrying about him.

Sam was great at Bolton, but why has no-one else come for him since you overlooked him in the summer?

No, any decision on the manager would be made by the board...not just one person.

Who would then also have to refer it to the collective trustees in Jersey, who want rid of us anyway.

Am I alone in wishing we had some leadership right now instead of too many cooks in the kitchen, half of whom want to sell the restaurant anyway?

The views of the fans also played a part in the board worrying about him.

Sam was great at Bolton, but why has no-one else come for him since you overlooked him in the summer?

Shame the fans dont have a say in the current situation...

Nicko, what do you reckon the chances of a certain Burnley manager coming if Ince leaves are.

He would get bigger attendences at Ewood, more history, and he has the required age and experience to take us forward i bet...

Nicko, what do you reckon the chances of a certain Burnley manager coming if Ince leaves are.

He would get bigger attendences at Ewood, more history, and he has the required age and experience to take us forward i bet...

We don't need Burnley's one-season wonders.

I'm not talking about 'next managers.'

Even the best young one in the country... ;)

Archived