BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be a 'safe' appointment, which unfortunately rules out Roberto Martinez, who under more normal circumstances would be my favoured choice for it.

Allardyce, Curbishley, Stuart Pearce...it'll be one of those kind of names. The chance to make the risky-yet-exciting appointment was in the summer, and we absolutely ballsed it up.

For what it's worth...

A pretty reliable source tells me that the manager won't be axed this week or for a few games yet.

I would imagine that a decision would have to be made before any money is spent in January.

There's no doubt there have to be a few signings.

Flippin' hell. Unbelievable.

Not sure pedro, I'm sure another childish picture in lieu of an actual argument will display that five year old mind of yours quite nicely though.

Ince wont turn it around!

He would have already done it by now!Mathias, Knox and Winterburn are a joke!

He brought in Andrews, Fowler, Grella, etc! All @#/?!Our club is a laughing stock

at the moment! They wonder why attendances are down? Because people dont want to pay 30quid to

watch rubbish!Its bloody depressing! <_<

Plenty of time to sneakily tap up other managers then Nicko. I had hoped Ince would flourish like Hughes had, but it was a step to far for someone so inexperienced. Billy Davies might be an interesting replacement. He did well at Derby, getting them promoted far earlier than expected. I'd like Phil Brown, but he's having too good a time at Hull to move.

Other names to ponder(although they may be difficult to get):

Gerard Houllier

Zico

Bernt Schuster (he might be on his way out at Real Madrid, so who knows)

For what it's worth...

A pretty reliable source tells me that the manager won't be axed this week or for a few games yet.

And while the Titanic slowly sank beneath the waves the band played on .......

Indecision, thy name is John Williams

If Nicko is right, then this club has found its lowest ever point in 10 years.

League wise, we are on nothing other than the slippery slope that is relegation, to be doomed before Xmas is something that this club could never recover from.

League cup wise, Uniteds academy will destroy our first team.

FA Cup wise, little Blythe Spartans will beat Bmouth and then see us off in the 3rd round.

Come January 31st 2009, Rovers bank accounts will show a trading profit of around PLUS £25m and we still wont have made any worthwhile signings as the dithering continues.

The worse position we are in in December then the less chances of any half decent players who will IMPROVE the team will join us.

We are most definately up shEET creek without a paddle

Allardyce is a Bolton man. He does not give two sh*ts whatsoever about our club. Even at the slight chance that he does save us, he will leave us for dead the first chance he gets at a bigger job. It's a short term solution that will bring us back right where we started. Why people want this I simply don't understand. If we have to make a change, then we need to appoint someone whose motivation is Rovers.

Sam Allardyce is an Allardyce man, I think you'll find.

What's your personal opinion nicko?

I think you are still in with a hope of beating relegation.

I have seen enough teams around you to believe you can escape.

But there is no doubt that a big decision has to be made by January...because players will be needed.

Do you back the manager with money or do you find another manager?

That's not ducking the question...that is THE question.

Archived