BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] My First Rovers Match

So I won an auction today to fly to the UK and hit a guy in the head with a salmon (no, really: www.sweemo.com) and it turns out that it happens next week.

So I'll actually get to come up and see Ewood, which I didn't think I'd be able to do.

I guess my real question is:

How do I go about buying tickets? I donated a season ticket to Season Tickets for Charity, but I'm not going to try to steal that back. As a first timer to Ewood, does anyone have any pointers on the overall experience?

Thanks!

Welcome! Hope that you enjoy the game. Pointer: Blackburn end tickets mean you will be behind the one of the goals - which is great if we score in the one but not so good if the opposition do! Ordinarily that'd be where the atmosphere is but this season it's not mattered much where you are. As this is your first game, I'd recommend the upper tier in the Jack Walker stand as this gives a great view of the pitch. If you contact the club directly and explain your situation, I'm sure they'd be happy to get you a good seat!

You do realise if we win you'll become our lucky mascot and won't be allowed to leave, right?! :D

Welcome! Hope that you enjoy the game. Pointer: Blackburn end tickets mean you will be behind the one of the goals - which is great if we score in the one but not so good if the opposition do! Ordinarily that'd be where the atmosphere is but this season it's not mattered much where you are. As this is your first game, I'd recommend the upper tier in the Jack Walker stand as this gives a great view of the pitch. If you contact the club directly and explain your situation, I'm sure they'd be happy to get you a good seat!

You do realise if we win you'll become our lucky mascot and won't be allowed to leave, right?! :D

Find me a work permit and I'll happily stay, working on servers hither, thither and yon.

Barring that I think I'll have to take the train back the next day.

Find me a work permit and I'll happily stay, working on servers hither, thither and yon.

Barring that I think I'll have to take the train back the next day.

You won't be saying that when you are freezing your nads off in December in Blackburn. Make sure you pack your long-johns!

So I won an auction today to fly to the UK and hit a guy in the head with a salmon (no, really: www.sweemo.com) and it turns out that it happens next week.

How do I go about buying tickets? I donated a season ticket to Season Tickets for Charity, but I'm not going to try to steal that back. As a first timer to Ewood, does anyone have any pointers on the overall experience?

Thanks!

That's the funniest opening line to a thread I've ever read on this MB! :lol:

See your pm inbox re tix.

get yourself a seat in the Blackburn End, you'll be in with all the wrist-slitting; self-mutilating real fans.

If you're only going to one game you may as well go in the deep end.

The Walker Steel stand will give you a better view, but you'll get a better view watching it on TV. Where's the misery in that?

And buy some thermal underwear. It's fecking cold at the moment. Gets colder after Robbo picks the ball out of the net.

(again)

Stoke City have just reported they have sold out all 7,500 seats in the away end so you might find yourself sat with some stripy interlopers!

Well not quite...

Stoke City Football Club can announce that the initial allocation of 4,700 tickets for the clash against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park later this month have now been sold.

Whilst we had hoped to have received further tickets based on the initial indication to us, unfortunately after discussions between Blackburn and Lancashire Police, this is not the case.

Still impressive mind.

As or what end to go into drift go for the Blackburn End above Row 10. Two reasons for being above Row 10, a slightly better view and if it rains you don't get bloody soaked.

As or what end to go into drift go for the Blackburn End above Row 10. Two reasons for being above Row 10, a slightly better view and if it rains you don't get bloody soaked.

Not sure about that, with the weather this season, us back in row 20+ have been hit with rain at least twice!!

Im also slightly confused as to what month 20 is :P !!

Thats one of the best opening lines ever on this site, Messageboard gold for sure.

I'm sure the club would help you out and I'm sure there'd probably be some Interest from them as its such an unusual situation. Get in touch with someone at the club asap (I'm guessing Tris has given you a contact).

Not sure about that, with the weather this season, us back in row 20+ have been hit with rain at least twice!!

Im also slightly confused as to what month 20 is :P !!

Just because we figured out a logical way to express dates on this side of the pond is no reason to hate. We also came up with peanut butter and disco. Viva invention!

So I'll actually get to come up and see Ewood, which I didn't think I'd be able to do.

I guess my real question is:

Thanks!

:rover: he ain't jestingslap that son of a bitch :xmas::brfc:

Just because we figured out a logical way to express dates on this side of the pond is no reason to hate. We also came up with peanut butter and disco. Viva invention!

Ours alphabetize better when you have a whole bunch of date folders on your computer!

I'd suggest the BBE, but haven't sat anywhere else. Usually pretty easy to get a ticket, either having someone help, or going to the ticket office and saying you're over from the states (it helps when the opposition isn't one of the big 4, I'm sure). Definitely budget for the club shop, they now have a bunch of good stuff there. You'll be better off with the weaker pound, too.

In what way is expressing a date as month, day, year more logical than day, month, year? And if you invented disco, how come it's a French word? And in the words of your esteemed leader, "the French don't even have a word for entrepreneur".

When in Rome!

You can stick your peanut butter and disco killed live music.

You also drive on the right! I tried it on the motorway. It's murder! :D

Think they've sold 4700 and wanted more, but the club/police had refused to sell them anymore?

strange decison that.

Not if you knew them...

They will all be leathered and get a bit excitable in big groups and don't have a great a reputation, however, I know a few and I think there is a still a lot of generalisation and too much long past history where the police are concerned with Stoke, most of the one's I know are good lads, but of course, like most, if you want to fight them (Like the dingles etc) then they will...

Archived